Remember when people said a jab wouldnt work in mma?

shhh, you're special, now go do your special purpose. And stop talking to me, pls.
so you cant see the difference between saying "headkicks wont work" and "headkicks arent a wise thing to throw because you could get taken down"?

semantics you say? I say you are just a fucking idiot

Seriously, the only strikes you need in mma is teh jab, big overhand right and deadly uppercut. Throws are the only grappling you need.

so you cant see the difference between saying "headkicks wont work" and "headkicks arent a wise thing to throw because you could get taken down"?

semantics you say? I say you are just a fucking idiot

shhhh go now, the world needs you

Im calling shenanigans on you following mma since 03. If you did you would surely remember all of these things
none of them happened, except by idiots

anyone with any experience in combat sports could tell you that(oh and you are a noob, I couldnt give a fuck what you think)

Ah the unbelievers in this comunity are just misguided. The jab is still very underutilized. And there were once people who doubted GOAT GUERNICA as the greatest DAMN poster this site has ever seen! Can you believe that?! Hahaha! Just laughable!

#GUERNICAbless

I'm stilll a skeptic.

Of the Jab in MMA that is.

I like how a string of posts on Sherdog back in 2005 by whothefuckkows (since banned) is accepted as the status quo of opinions for what works in MMA.

People are just hesitant and skeptical to believe anything will be effective in MMA if it doesn't happen immediately. Fighters nowadays are just training boxing earlier in their careers and working on their fundementals in tandem with the other basic skillsets.

If anything I remember a time on here where a large portion of the fanbase were convinced that MMA would become dominated by one-dimensional wrestlers because wrestling itself was just too strong and effective. This would slow the fights to a crawl and make for endlessly boring grindfests. Kinda like a Heat Death of the UFC Universe. Instead I now see strikers going for takedowns and developing TDD that looks flawless; forcing grapplers to strike and get blown out.

MMA is beautifully unpredictable sometimes. I agree with the standing elbow too and I'm surprised it doesn't get used as much; maybe that's because the jab beats it to the punch....heh

Last edited:
Ah the unbelievers in this comunity are just misguided. The jab is still very underutilized. And there were once people who doubted GOAT GUERNICA as the greatest DAMN poster this site has ever seen! Can you believe that?! Hahaha! Just laughable!

#GUERNICAbless
you're a weirdo brah

I remember back in the day people here would say the jab wouldnt work in mma because of takedowns/kicks or whatever stupid excuse mma die hards had to defend their infantile sport

Then gsp uses a jab vs koscheck and its like people are seeing jesus walk on water and cant believe it.

Same with karate. It was a joke and then machida came and now everyone is all about doin that ryu.

Also, standing elbows are ubderutilized. People have plenty of excuses why they dont use them but there is no excuse.

The standing elbow. To muyvthai is like the jab to boxing. It ia barely used for stupid reasons and then one day everyone will start using them.

What other techniques is mma stuck in the mud in?
Dude, stfu. I have been on here forever and I only remember people talking about how underutilized the jab was in MMA. Rogan said it every fucking time he saw a jab.

Dude, stfu. I have been on here forever and I only remember people talking about how underutilized the jab was in MMA. Rogan said it every fucking time he saw a jab.
Wrong

Maybe it was just a loud minority. The jab has always been the safest strike in MMA. The only time i ever heard anyone talk bad about the Jab in MMA is when Bas said it wasn't a real strike

Back