Remember when people said a jab wouldnt work in mma?

Yeah, it was a real thing around the same time people thought high kicks didn't work in MMA.
I remember that one very well.

On the other hadn, the jab keeps slipping my head.
Ok,after that one I'm gonna hide myself.

yes I remember lmao in the beginning you should see how people talked about strikers

Ah the unbelievers in this comunity are just misguided. The jab is still very underutilized. And there were once people who doubted GOAT GUERNICA as the greatest DAMN poster this site has ever seen! Can you believe that?! Hahaha! Just laughable!

#GUERNICAbless
No offence, but you say your the best poster all the time, and rarely do I ever see you make a valid point....... About anything.

I remember back in the day people here would say the jab wouldnt work in mma because of takedowns/kicks or whatever stupid excuse mma die hards had to defend their infantile sport

Then gsp uses a jab vs koscheck and its like people are seeing jesus walk on water and cant believe it.

Same with karate. It was a joke and then machida came and now everyone is all about doin that ryu.

Also, standing elbows are ubderutilized. People have plenty of excuses why they dont use them but there is no excuse.

The standing elbow. To muyvthai is like the jab to boxing. It ia barely used for stupid reasons and then one day everyone will start using them.

What other techniques is mma stuck in the mud in?
good point over all but i would call the teep the jab of muay thai.

Love you too bro.
The Diaz bros utilize a really nice jab. Shame that they throw such few kicks and have somewhat plodding footwork.
...still was enough to turn mcTapper into a panic wrestler and rape him on the ground.

#GUERNICAbless
nick is plodding. Nate seems pretty good to me.

That was largely due to Bas saying a straight left or a lead straight works better than a jab. He's a top power striker so he maybe doesn't need set-ups the same way Masvidal or Diaz need them. Different styles.

Ah the unbelievers in this comunity are just misguided. The jab is still very underutilized. And there were once people who doubted GOAT GUERNICA as the greatest DAMN poster this site has ever seen! Can you believe that?! Hahaha! Just laughable!

#GUERNICAbless
Im starting to doubt the hype here Guernica!

when the fuck did people say high kicks wouldnt work?

Im calling shenanigans on either happening

Obviously before you followed the sport. For awhile high kicks meant you were being taken down so it was common wisdom that they weren't a wise thing to do. Then BJJ guys started breaking out high kicks because they didn't care if they were being taken down.

Obviously before you followed the sport. For awhile high kicks meant you were being taken down so it was common wisdom that they weren't a wise thing to do. Then BJJ guys started breaking out high kicks because they didn't care if they were being taken down.
well Ive been a fan of the sport since 2003/4..... so Im calling bullshit

there is also a difference between people saying high kicks werent a wise thing to do, and saying they wouldnt work

I remember back in the day people here would say the jab wouldnt work in mma because of takedowns/kicks or whatever stupid excuse mma die hards had to defend their infantile sport

Then gsp uses a jab vs koscheck and its like people are seeing jesus walk on water and cant believe it.

Same with karate. It was a joke and then machida came and now everyone is all about doin that ryu.

Also, standing elbows are ubderutilized. People have plenty of excuses why they dont use them but there is no excuse.

The standing elbow. To muyvthai is like the jab to boxing. It ia barely used for stupid reasons and then one day everyone will start using them.

I remember a lot of shit like this back in the day. The truth was that fighters just weren't well-rounded enough to utilize these techniques, and that their technique was shit in general. Yeah, the jab doesn't work because your footwork sucks and you've got no ground game. May as well just wing haymakers.

Who the fuck ever said that? Are you sure anyone ever even said that?

People said a lot of shit like this back in the day.

Back in the days of NHB people said this, and to a large extent they were correct- but for the wrong reasons. The reasons used for jabs/kicks/striking in general "not being effective" was that the techniques were flawed, even though some people argued against them, they were the minority.

The reason they weren't effective was because the chances of you having good striking and staying off your back were slim. Also, if you had good grappling, the chances of you having a good jab were just as bad. It wasn't until after time limits, weight classes and the well-rounded fighter came into being that we saw these techniques being used effectively.

Yes, I remember the dark ages.

This is correct.

well Ive been a fan of the sport since 2003/4..... so Im calling bullshit

there is also a difference between people saying high kicks werent a wise thing to do, and saying they wouldnt work

lol yeah, the difference is semantics in your head. Is that why you're babbling that people didn't say jabs didn't work? jfc

lol yeah, the difference is semantics in your head. Is that why you're babbling that people didn't say jabs didn't work? jfc
babbling? you mean "stating facts" that people never said jabs didnt work

only idiots would say "jabs dont work" or "headkicks wont work"

Strawman.jpg

babbling? you mean "stating facts" that people never said jabs didnt work

only idiots would say "jabs dont work" or "headkicks wont work"

well, you better get started changing how all of humanity uses language. It's a big job and I don't want to keep you from it. Good luck.

well, you better get started changing how all of humanity uses language. It's a big job and I don't want to keep you from it. Good luck.
wtf are you on about?

Timmeh was jabbin' his way to victory when GSP was just a tadpole.

Who the fuck ever said that? Are you sure anyone ever even said that?

I don't believe anybody ever said that

people definitely used to say the jab doesnt work in mma. then people said head movement doesnt work in mma because of the threat of the takedown.

the reality is that boxing has a lot figured out and it would be smart of mma fighters to focus on their fundamentals instead of making excuses.

people dont want to learn boxing because it is hard and takes the most time to learn. you can master bjj in 5-8 years. you can only master boxing if you start as a kid and spend your whole life doing it.

Back