Remember when Lando Vannatta was a thing?

He is a breath of fresh air for sure. I didn't know he was considered washed-up.
I'll watch his fights.

serious question, didnt he use to fight at featherweight? i always found him undersized at LW. Lando - Bektic is the fight to make
He went to FW once & said he would never do it again. He's been working with a strength & conditioning coach for over a year now & it looks like he's bulking up to the LW division. or as he sayz... "Leveling up"

He's also rocking a new tat sleeve :eek:

Had a bunch of Groove ducks backing out at the start of the year... & right about the time he signed on to fight Gilbert Burns, he got hurt. He's now projecting his next fight for "Summer"... but no less general time frame has been given.

War The Legion of Groove !

If you don't like Lando you don't like entertaining fights, plain and simple

DVfrmUd.png

I seriously think Lando would KO Gaethje. Dude has such shitty striking defense and just won't use his great wrestling.

LOL Because Lando has good striking defense?

I think the fans who glory in hype trains dying are much stranger than people who want to be excited about a fighter.

Not everyone is going to like every fighter. I think we all get that. But it isn't hard to look at a guy like Vannata and see why fans would get excited about him.

tl/dr this is a shit thread.
Preach

L.O.G. COME OUT AND PLAAAAAAYYYY!!!

giphy.gif

Relax bro im a fan, just a simple joke. And as far as incredibly elite? I dont think so. He has pretty porous defense.
Sure, he has holes that need to be fixed but he's young. Many people said a long time ago that Max Holloway would be a future champ, but if you even mentioned that a few years ago, you would have been laughed at. Lando is one of those guys that garnered the same type compliments from people at Jacksons but has not shown us more than glimpses of what could be.

The promising thing is he has acknowledged what his holes are and that he has to change them, unlike Gaethje who says "this is just the way I fight". Regardless tho, even if he is not ever going to be a champ, there will always be a market for guys that fight like him.....I actually cant think of anyone that is flashy like him and puts on such JBG Wars.

Sure, he has holes that need to be fixed but he's young. Many people said a long time ago that Max Holloway would be a future champ, but if you even mentioned that a few years ago, you would have been laughed at. Lando is one of those guys that garnered the same type compliments from people at Jacksons but has not shown us more than glimpses of what could be.

The promising thing is he has acknowledged what his holes are and that he has to change them, unlike Gaethje who says "this is just the way I fight". Regardless tho, even if he is not ever going to be a champ, there will always be a market for guys that fight like him.....I actually cant think of anyone that is flashy like him and puts on such JBG Wars.

Exactly, he has shown in his last fight, which as always was a fucking barn burner, that he is learning from his past mistakes. Had it not been for that bullshit point deduction, he would have won that fight. He’s young, he knows what he needs to do, yet still as always has entertaining fights, and will have a very profitable career. Just give the guy his fucking bonus check already.

WAR GROOVY FUCKING LANDO!!!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lando is still a thing to fans who enjoy watching exciting fights.

:meow:

Still a thing. Still a good prospect. He starts to use his wrestling more and uses it to open up the striking and he's back in business.

He's way too in love with his POTN bonuses. Hopefully now he's won a few and established his name he'll be less needy about them.
Won a few? He won 1 out of 4.

Not just rocked, home boy, he broke the record for most knockdowns in a single round. Oh yah, and he did it on a weeks notice, at 24 years of age of age, with only a few years of striking under his belt as a D1 rassler.

Hilarious that people think he does not have the capacity to be incredibly elite because he was immediately thrown to the wolves and held his own, producing Gaethje level fireworks with Bruce Lee level flash.

#LanGOATVanGOATa

Slips aren't knockdowns (Josh Emmett holds the actual record at 4), he'd been training striking for 7 years at the time of that fight and it was 2 weeks notice. Lando is fucking great. No need to make his fans seem delusional by making things up. I want to see him fight Marc Diakaise or Joseph Duffy.

Won a few? He won 1 out of 4.
Pretty sure they meant "once he's won a few." (edit: he meant won a few POTN bonusez)

But that said... everyone knows he beat Green.

Last edited:
Back