Remember when Franklin KOd Chuck stiff with a broken arm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
Chuck would have knocked his head off if he were remotely close to his best at that time.

Anderson dominated a very weak field of MW's, juiced out of his mind knocking heads clear into the stands. The Sosa/McGuire of MMA. Too bad for Rich.

Chuck was looking good and I was happy for him. It's the end of round one and I am thinking that Chuck is going to get the stoppage in round two, then he gets Franklin up against the cage, starts exchanging, then he goes flat and I was quite shocked. Even though he had been put down in his previous fight, I really thought Chuck would win and things were looking good. He was kicking; he just looked good in general from what I remember, but then he gets his lights put out. In a way that KO was the most brutal one he suffered. Just when you think Chuck is going to get a win and has even made improvements, he gets flatlined by one punch out of nowhere.

That fight and the night are really memorable to me. The fight still feels like yesterday in a way, but a lot of time has passed, fighters have come and gone, the world has changed, I have grown up, and that's why it's cazy that he is coming back. At least he's fighting a past his prime vet who is stylistically a good match-up for him.

Franklin went savage with the follow-up on Iceman's corpse there as well. He's all smiles and aw shucks outside of the cage but he's a straight killer once they lock that door. I feel like he got out at the right time, and I hope he's never in a position where he has to come back for a payday like Chuck is now.

Chuck would have knocked his head off if he were remotely close to his best at that time.

Anderson dominated a very weak field of MW's, juiced out of his mind knocking heads clear into the stands. The Sosa/McGuire of MMA. Too bad for Rich.
Lmao weak field.

Bisping became champ after all those years.
Loses to a WW.
Current title fight is 2 WWs.

Even without Anderson, Franklin wouldn't have last long. There was trt vitor lurking around. I believe this was the period he kept punching people flat in the back of the head after they got knocked down

Back