Remember The YAMMA Pit?

RememberYammaPit

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In an effort to create more exciting fights, an original UFC co-founder had the idea to have the floor elevate towards the cage so that fighters couldn't use the cage for clinching and ground work. What happened was a hilarious PPV, as fighters tripped and takedowns were super easy because of the change in levels.
zsmvxg.jpg

Yeah that was a bad idea. But at least they came up with something new. Now it seems every organisation is just trying to copy the ufc. Id love to see someone bring back the ring with a net from old vale tudo days. Well maybe with the rule that it is illegal to trap an opponents head into the net.. That was pretty brutal.

I'd watch MMA on a scaffold.

I believe Josh Barnett once said he fought someone in a below ground swimming pool -- which I would also watch.

YAMMA isn't a bad idea in theory, and i'll stand behind that. They got tremendous bums to fight inside the yamma pit and wouldn't you know, it lead to terrible fights.

YAMMA isn't a bad idea in theory, and i'll stand behind that. They got tremendous bums to fight inside the yamma pit and wouldn't you know, it lead to terrible fights.
Aleksie Oleynik fought in the one and only YAMMA card back in the day and not only is he still fighting with a pretty impressive record of finishes at 39 years old but he just scored the very first ezekiel choke submission in the UFC last weekend!

I ordered the ppv and got sent a tshirt.i think it was for the first 500 that ordered it.I still have the event recorded it was pretty entertaining

Aleksie Oleynik fought in the one and only YAMMA card back in the day and not only is he still fighting with a pretty impressive record of finishes at 39 years old but he just scored the very first ezekiel choke submission in the UFC last weekend!

look my dude, i know who oleynik is, but any man who loses to chris tuchsherer is certified junk

They should have called it the circle pit putting on Metallica and stuff. They would have made loads of cash from metalheads flooding the event and gamma would still exist.

look my dude, i know who oleynik is, but any man who loses to chris tuchsherer is certified junk
Someone who still thinks the Yamma pit is a good idea in theory shouldn't be calling anyone certified junk.

Someone who still thinks the Yamma pit is a good idea in theory shouldn't be calling anyone certified junk.

I said isn't a bad idea in theory. On paper, it's a workable concept, but if you put Mark Kerr vs Oleg Taktarov in 2008 in it, of course it's going to stink

I didnt have the honor of watching Yamma live, but I did watch the Valentines eve massacre from Ken Shamrock productions and it massacer'd me pretty good.

RIP Ross Clifton

Back