Remember that time elderly Mark Coleman beat Stephan Bonnar?

Ya shogun's age was what allowed him to comeback from those big early injuries (until he reinjured himself).

It was hilarious when dana approached him backstage to fight chuck right after the coleman fight. He thought he could get chuck a big name win against a guy that struggled vs old coleman. But he was back in form for the liddell fight. Poor chuck.

Shogun got to fuck chuck

34he96p.gif

Ya shogun's age was what allowed him to comeback from those big early injuries (until he reinjured himself).

It was hilarious when dana approached him backstage to fight chuck right after the coleman fight. He thought he could get chuck a big name win against a guy that struggled vs old coleman. But he was back in form for the liddell fight. Poor chuck.

Had Chuck won (I know, he was soundly dropped - just theorizing) we could possibly have seen him vs. Machida (not that this would make sense, seeing as Machida had just brutalized the guy who knocked Chuck into oblivian). What would this fight have looked like? Two of the greatest counter strikers at LHW (at respective times). At this point, Machida is obviously on top of his game, whereas Chuck is beginning a very steep decline.

A stiff breeze of air could knock out Shamrock, I wouldn't be too terrified if that guy started raising his voice at me.

Shamrock would snap your leg in half. Stay in your mom's basement.

Shamrock would snap your leg in half. Stay in your mom's basement.

2017 Shamrock snaps his own leg in half after tripping while yelling at kids for being on his lawn. The guy's like fuckin 70

In the UFC? or Overall? I can't see Bonnar being ranked in the top 10 LHW world wide in 2006

Wand
Chuck
Rampage
Shogun
Lil Nog
Tito
Forrest
Randy

Then you have guys like Vitor and Hendo who jumped around in weight. Bonnar definitely should not have been a top 10 LHW and if he was actually ranked there, it is a joke
He was top 10 UFC 100% after the Jardine fight. I think he was #8. This would be from spring 2006

In the UFC? or Overall? I can't see Bonnar being ranked in the top 10 LHW world wide in 2006

Wand
Chuck
Rampage
Shogun
Lil Nog
Tito
Forrest
Randy

Then you have guys like Vitor and Hendo who jumped around in weight. Bonnar definitely should not have been a top 10 LHW and if he was actually ranked there, it is a joke
Reflecting on 2006, the talent in the UFC LHW division was quite weak but at the time, Bonnar was riding a 3 fight winning streak and was top 10.

2017 Shamrock snaps his own leg in half after tripping while yelling at kids for being on his lawn. The guy's like fuckin 70

He is 53 and I am assuming he is also on TRT. He would make you his bitch.

Why are we even discussing this? Go back to playing video games. Troll.

For beating Jardine and Irvin? Seems extremely generous, especially since the Pride 205 division was still running high. Plus Bonnar failed a drug test for boldenone that year.
Check the rankings, he was ranked #8 in the UFC LHW division in May 2006.

He is 53 and I am assuming he is also on TRT. He would make you his bitch.

Why are we even discussing this? Go back to playing video games. Troll.

I don't really play video games, sometimes I play the Wii when I'm drink

I like making Wii playable characters that look like people from my favourite shows, I made a pretty sweet Tywin Lannister

I agree.

Him and GSP. They might not have been the prettiest or most technical wrestlers. They stuck to the basics but they were the most effective wrestlers I have ever seen. They had unstoppable double legs and could actually keep people down.

Nobody could escape from underneath Coleman. He had an unsweepable base. He could do so much damage from inside someone's guard.

Shit I'm pretty sure Coleman took down everyone he ever fought even his last stint in the ufc. Except prime cro cop.

Coleman was vicious on top. Every shot was punishing. Body shots to elbows to headbutts.
Very few had Colemans tenacity.

Watching him as a kid I was like holy shit. This guy will never lose.

Then mo Smith and Petey Williams. But he still had that aura and you have to go through hell to beat him.

Shit I'm pretty sure Coleman took down everyone he ever fought even his last stint in the ufc. Except prime cro cop.

Coleman was vicious on top. Every shot was punishing. Body shots to elbows to headbutts.
Very few had Colemans tenacity.

Watching him as a kid I was like holy shit. This guy will never lose.

Then mo Smith and Petey Williams. But he still had that aura and you have to go through hell to beat him.
I loved the way Fedor gameplanned for him. You could tell Fedor didn't even bother drilling TDD in camp because it's inevitable Coleman will have you on your back at some point (unless you're Mirko Cro Cop). You might actually end up destroying your elbow trying to defend his TD (Shogun). So instead, move to the next phase and focus on defense/offense off your back. Mission accomplished lol

I used to be a big fan of Bonnar. His Bellator run almost killed it for me though. I hate saying shit like that, but bringing in that guy with the mask....erg..

It was unfair for UFC to cut Coleman.

He was 1-2 in that UFC run, and he lost to guys ranked top 10.

Thought the Bonnar win, coupled with legendary status, was enough to keep him around for more fights.

No fighter would have been cut for losing to Shogun, beating Bonnar and losing to Handy.

It would have financially helped the Hammer a ton, rather than having to make a gofundme because he became all busted up later.

I will say it was fucking awesome how so many fans contributed to his gofundme and absolutely smashed how much he was trying to raise.

Here's one ranking chart, calculate which guys are in the UFC at the time and he's clearly top 10. I have him as 8 and to be honest he should have been higher than Lambert at the time.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/historic...ated-historical-rankings/?Issue=66&Division=2

Oh, I agree he was around top 10 in the UFC at his personal peak, but Pride had clearly the best 205 division then and it pushes Bonnar way back in worldwide rankings. Also I might have some doubts about rankings that had Chuck 8 spots above Rampage.

Coleman had that old man strength still, wrestlers don't drop off as fast as strikers.

Back