Remember Sokoudjou.......????

Looks like it was actually the soko fight, but I'm remembering it wrong. He didn't pull the hand down after the slap, though he did slap rhe shit out of him to distract him and then slammed the straight cross in...

Maybe the pull dowm did happen but in another fight? Can't find it now, but here's the slap/cross.

https://goo.gl/images/iGn1Zp

so could you

Back in the day I was fully aboard that hype-train.

I was there live when he knocked Lil Nog dead. Thought well, he got lucky, no shot he beats Arona. Then he sent Arona flying. Thought the hype was real. Then he fought Machida and got starched. Career hasn't been the same since.

The Machida Era!

Looks like it was actually the soko fight, but I'm remembering it wrong. He didn't pull the hand down after the slap, though he did slap rhe shit out of him to distract him and then slammed the straight cross in...

Maybe the pull dowm did happen but in another fight? Can't find it now, but here's the slap/cross.

https://goo.gl/images/iGn1Zp
Was really hoping he’d come back w a response...

thanks for the bump tho Bobby
That's what he gave me, bud. I'm supposing that what you posted was what he was talking about.

in any of the most hyped / 'houston alexander is for real' threads, that name gets criminally under-mentioned. he was considered the Next Big Thing for about 9 days.

and yes - ngannou could definitely fall into that general category if he crashes and burns on Saturday. however to be fair, sokoudjou never beat anyone on par with overeem, so ngannou has already accomplished more.

yeah he only knocked out Arona right after Arona finished Overeem with punches.

I was there live when he knocked Lil Nog dead. Thought well, he got lucky, no shot he beats Arona. Then he sent Arona flying. Thought the hype was real. Then he fought Machida and got starched. Career hasn't been the same since.

The Machida Era!

The Arona performance was I think much better, Lil Nog was a good deal of luck throwing a blind punch that happens to land absolutely plum wrist to chin, against Arona though he showed some excellent takedown defence and timed that punch far better. In retrospect though had Arona gotten him down even once the fight would almost certainly have been over.

He is only 33 right now

Blew my mind when I read that

He could make another run
youre-31-years-old.gif

An extremely overrated fighter that seemed to be an unbeatable monster?
Once in a while a fighter like this appears our of nowhere and probably just probably I'm thinking Ngannou has been "cursed" since the beginning to be the new Sokoudjou. Time will tell.

Right.....the only reason you brough Sokoudjou up was because he's black and looks like Francis.

Racist somamambitch

I wish Sokou had turned out at least a little better. Hovering around .500 was the last thing I expected.

if i were to invent a new ratio called "best back-to-back-wins divided by skill", Soko wins by a long shot. Forrest may be 2nd (Shogun, Rampage), but whether it's him or anyone else, they are far, far, far down the scale.

Underrated post.

I remember Minowa tko’ing him in the superu hulku tournamento

amongst many other failures

Minowa is the fucking man

2ag6ohl.gif
Super Hulk tourney promos and art was the bomb

I miss Japanese MMA. Rizin just isn't the same

in any of the most hyped / 'houston alexander is for real' threads, that name gets criminally under-mentioned. he was considered the Next Big Thing for about 9 days.

and yes - ngannou could definitely fall into that general category if he crashes and burns on Saturday. however to be fair, sokoudjou never beat anyone on par with overeem, so ngannou has already accomplished more.
You're a silver belt? Lol this place has gone to hell. You might wanna check how many times Nog and Arona had been stopped going into those fights then look and see how many times Reem has been laid out.

Since you didn't seem to be watching back in 07 I'll let you in on a fun fact that both me were around the top 5 at the time of the fight

Might be the dumbest serious post ever from a silver belt.

those were good wins but i say reem trumps them.

that, and ngannou won his title eliminator whereas sokoudjou lost his. so ngannou has the edge there too.
reem is washed at this point....dude is flabby. lil nog and arona were in PRIDE form when soko knocked them out - and neither of them were known for being easy to ko unlike reems reputation

You're a silver belt? Lol this place has gone to hell. You might wanna check how many times Nog and Arona had been stopped going into those fights then look and see how many times Reem has been laid out.

Since you didn't seem to be watching back in 07 I'll let you in on a fun fact that both me were around the top 5 at the time of the fight

Might be the dumbest serious post ever from a silver belt.
yeah i just responded, beating reem in 2017 is nowhere near as impressive as beating nog and arona in PRIDE. lil nog banged it out with shogun and arona was a tough fight for any1......reem has been knocked out like 5-6 times in the ufc already. hes old and hes getting slower, less coordinated and flabbier each year.

Back