Remember Sokoudjou.......????

Guys remember Luiz Cane?

dude beat Soko, iirc

somewhat similar decline, too. He went from scary prospect to washed-up pretty quick

will never forget him trying to portal into another dimension to escape Nedkov's attack
1tmohg.gif

Complete domination, and there wasn't much for Sokou to look forward to after that

Also lot of folks forget Glover merked him once as well
glover-ko-sokoudjou2.gif
Glover is really good.

When the the whole Sokoudjou thing was happening, it was terrifying, and impossible not to think he was going to murder everyone! It wasn’t even a hype train. He was just here! I can’t believe how fast time is passing me by....

Don’t get old, kids!
Correct me if I'm wromg, but iirc soko was 23 when he burst on the scene with those ko's.

Arriving at 23 is mma's version of dying at 27 in music.

The ufc HW division is trash lets be honest our champ was a part time fire fighter who got f'd up by stefan struve who the hell has stefan finished since? Anthony joshua, Deontay wilder, Tyson fury heck even Weak ass Parker could walk in to mma and start knocking out these fools just look at Francis he was a bum in france a few years ago now hes contending for the belt.......

Guys remember Luiz Cane?

dude beat Soko, iirc

somewhat similar decline, too. He went from scary prospect to washed-up pretty quick

will never forget him trying to portal into another dimension to escape Nedkov's attack
1tmohg.gif
Man, it was a shame to see such a beating inflicted on him.

He was a killer until the wars wore on him.

Can't remember what fight it was, but he had one where he feinted a lead hook turning it into a slap to distract, and then used that open lead hand to drag the opponents hand down as he pulled it back, firing a nasty cross behind it on the opponents now open face.

Such a quality texhnique that you rarely see executed perfectly, but he nailed dude with it.

And on the subject of sokoudjou, when he was on his killer hot streak, it was Lyoto who immediately brought him down to earth, right as Lyoto was entering his prime.

He tripped soko down like it was effortless and manhandled him.

War dragon goat.

Correct me if I'm wromg, but iirc soko was 23 when he burst on the scene with those ko's.

Arriving at 23 is mma's version of dying at 27 in music.
That sounds about right. I remember him being very young, but not looking it, at all! It was right before “the end”.. So 2007.. Someone above said he’s 33 now, so that checks out!

Man, it was a shame to see such a beating inflicted on him.

He was a killer until the wars wore on him.

Can't remember what fight it was, but he had one where he feinted a lead hook turning it into a slap to distract, and then used that open lead hand to drag the opponents hand down as he pulled it back, firing a nasty cross behind it on the opponents now open face.

Such a quality texhnique that you rarely see executed perfectly, but he nailed dude with it.
I feel like that might've been the Jason Lambert fight

and yeah, he was looking so good for awhile, there. And back when LHW was a bit more lively...

edit: was it this?↓
UFC85_Lambert-Cane-4.gif

African athletes and age are like Jon Jones and driving... Something ain't right.

There are some hilarious examples... Cameroon once sent a 50 year old, Roger Milla to the World Cup pretending he was 36.

undated-portrait-of-roger-milla-of-cameroon-before-an-african-nations-picture-id1629892

And he scored a few goals...

B_8IBp.gif

There are countess other examples... Taribo West, Michael Essien, Tony Yeboah...

Is normal... But Soak-a-Jew isn't 33!
This has been a known problem in football for ages.
African players acting like they're 18 when real age is propably closer to 40...

And on the subject of sokoudjou, when he was on his killer hot streak, it was Lyoto who immediately brought him down to earth, right as Lyoto was entering his prime.

He tripped soko down like it was effortless and manhandled him.

War dragon goat.
Machida was so amazing to watch during that era
2ntd1rm.gif

I would say Volkan is more comparable to him than Ngannou. Francis actually worked his way up from Luis Henrique to Overeem, whereas Soko and Volkan came out of nowhere to KO two top contenders in the first round.

Houston Alexander also comes to mind.

An extremely overrated fighter that seemed to be an unbeatable monster?
Once in a while a fighter like this appears our of nowhere and probably just probably I'm thinking Ngannou has been "cursed" since the beginning to be the new Sokoudjou. Time will tell.

ngannou might be overrated n is not as good as ppl claim, but what makes you think stipe is legit?

beating 40 year old hunt?

over the hill jds?

overeem after overeem dropped him n tried that sloppy choke?

werdum after a brain fart?

arlovski?

whats stipe gonna bring to the table that ngannou wont be able to deal with?

Guys remember Luiz Cane?

dude beat Soko, iirc

1tmohg.gif
He was going for the showtime kick!

There is a great shoop of it floating around somewhere

Yeah, until Machida took him to school
It's as if Lyoto taught him how to lose & that was it, I can't think of anybody that looks for ways out of the fight like him. It's a shame, the dude had so much going for him. Whenever the Mma has no A level athletes & real A level athletes would dominate I point out Soku. If someone gave him a helmet & put him in pewee football when he was 8, he'd be an NFL linebacker.

Guys remember Luiz Cane?

dude beat Soko, iirc

1tmohg.gif

I was real high on cane. At the time the two major prospects were cane and thiago silva. Cane was known for his great chin and precision. Then lil nog ruined it all. The muay thai wars caught up to him. I think the soko was the last bit his chin could take.

The plans where for thiago and cane in a number one contenders bout due to their rivalry. Sad what happened to boths careers

Shocked no org made mcsweeney vs soko for the p4p best fighter with a 50/50 record

Back