Remember me.....Pedro Rizzo

Rizzo was one of the guys who brought high level striking to the UFC. He did take a couple bad KO's. Fedor sure crushed him there.

Add 5 to whatever it says in Sherdog.

I was never able to find out how old Ruas really was when he came to UFC. Just know he lied about his age. Whats the answer?

rizzo was very badass in his day and won the title fight with couture as much as randy did

One of the single most feared strikers in the world, Pedro (The Rock) Rizzo was a protege of UFC 7 tournament winner Marco Ruas. A Vale Tudo and kickboxing practitioner, Rizzo is still considered the best heavyweight in MMA/NHB history in his use of lower leg kicks. Once described as getting hit by a baseball bat to your thigh by a major league slugger, Rizzo's kicks are still often talked about amongst MMA fans. A 20-11 record with 12 by way of KO/TKO...his statistics are considered average or even lackluster, but his wins over top ranked opponents during a 4 year reign is what's to be considered here.From 1999-2003 Rizzo defeated the likes of Mark Coleman, Dan Severn, Josh Barnett, David (Tank) Abbott and Andre Arlovski. But what Pedro Rizzo will most likely be remembered for are his two "apocalyptic" wars with Lion's Den fighter Tra Telligman, where Rizzo would win both times by TKO and a doctor's stoppage. A Vale Tudo Heavyweight Champion he tried to get gold in the UFC by trying to upend UFC Hall of Famer and then UFC HW Champion Randy Couture at UFC 31 where he would lose via split decision but sent "The Natural" to the hospital and out of commission for 4 weeks due to his brutal leg kicks that left Randy with discolored legs. Years later Couture would claim it was Rizzo who gave him his toughest fight in his long storied career. He may not have been a champion but his exciting style of using his kickboxing and excellent use of the jab made Rizzo quite popular among MMA traditionalists even to the very day.

Pedro Rizzo vs Tra Telligman II (UFC 43)

Pedro Rizzo vs Josh Barnett I (UFC 30)

http://media.zie.nl/m/[email protected]

@sniper @Bang Bang THIS IS REAL MMA! ONE PEC TELLIGMAN VS PEDRO ROCK RIZZO, WHEN MEN COULD PONCH AND TAKE A PONCH

@sniper @Bang Bang THIS IS REAL MMA! ONE PEC TELLIGMAN VS PEDRO ROCK RIZZO, WHEN MEN COULD PONCH AND TAKE A PONCH

This fight is a good example of how heavy wrestling was/is scored in fights over striking/damage.

...still a great fight

Yes sir. Good call.

It's like what do you want, you know?

Damage isn't criteria in UFC scoring but it was in Pride. It'd be cool if UFC factored damage scored in a round because Rizzo just fu%%565^^^&&&kkked Couture up in a few of those rounds.

Couture has a damn dent in his quads from a Rizzo leg kick to this day. Like really???? WtFFFFFf

One of my all time favorites for sure.

Should have beaten Couture in the 1st fight. Love how old Unleashed (or something) didn't show round 3.

Remember paragraphs?

Hey you know what, i had this in mind and totally forgot about it when i was done since some on here find it much easier to read this way. Thank you for the reminder.

Hey you know what, i had this in mind and totally forgot about it when i was done since some on here find it much easier to read this way. Thank you for the reminder.
who the fuck finds it easier to read with no paragraphs? they're just sick human beings

Should he have gotten the decision against Randy?
Nope, Randy won a tough fight. Both men gave each other hell.

Both men had a 10-8 round. Randy smashed Rizzo in the first, Rizzo destroyed Randy's legs in the second. Eternal hespec for both of those legends.

the fact that Sergei did this to a prime pedro tells ya how bad ass pride sergei was

absolute domination

Rizzo was one of the guys who brought high level striking to the UFC. He did take a couple bad KO's. Fedor sure crushed him there.

Add 5 to whatever it says in Sherdog.

No shame in that. Good night, sweet prince

Back