Remember me....Martin Kampmann

Wow Kampmann knew he was getting von Flue'd by Condit and defended accordingly...back then!

giphy.gif

Agreed. I had him edging Shields but it could've gone either way.

The Sanchez decision was definitely a wtf moment

diego_sanchez_face.jpg

diegosanchezvictorypose.jpg

Not only did he make Diego look like that by landing non stop hard shots for 15 minutes, he also stuffed literally 14 out of 15 takedowns, and that 1 takedown that was landed lasted about a second. AND when he was stuffing them he was landing knees to make him pay.

Worst decision in UFC history IMO. That fight should have been something like 30-26 Kampmann. Diego buckled Kampmann's knees one time.... doesn't mean he won the fight

He was a very technically proficient striker for sure, and surprisingly well rounded for a Danish guy

He did lack power, and in my opinion he would have done good with a bit more of a mean streak to him

As others have mentioned, had he got the nod against Shields and Sanchez his career might well have looked very different

He literally beat the face off diego, only to get robbed by judges, and that's never sat well with me and never will

I really wanted him to beat Hendricks and get the title shot , I became a big fan when he got the comeback finishes against Alves and Ellenberger .

Kampmann was a very skilled and well rounded welterweight and at the time, would have made for a very interesting challenge for gsp.

The problem was that Kampmann came up short against shields in a very close affair and also to Diego Sanchez where he was basically robbed.

Kampmann never quite got the chance to face the champ but he had a good run. Also don’t forget a nice win over rick story as well when he was a beast.

This thread proves he left at the right time.

Hendricks and Ellenberger are still fighting. Is anyone going to make a thread like this about them when they finally give it up and retire?

Back