Rematches suck

ChoKuRei

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They all suck. Every one. I understand a rematch is necessary for a championship fight that ends in a draw... But how much improvement can either of them make in such a short amount of time? If anything they will just go in there with a different gameplan. Wonderboy doing his karate point fighting trying not to get flatlined... Woodley probably using more of his wrestling to get the dec instead of headhunting with an overhand right. Fuck it

You are actually complaining about the circumstance when a rematch makes the most sense; a draw.

Shit thread.

Disagree.

Give me this card:

JDS - Cain 4
BJ - Edgar 4
Thomson - Giblert 4
Wiuff - Fulton 17

Sometimes they are good.

Mir1.jpg

Sometimes I think that in the beginning. But then when the fight actually starts I get really into it.

So GSP vs BJ penn 2 sucked?
And Fedor vs Nog 3?
And Conor vs Diaz 2?

You're retarded.

They all suck. Every one.
Wandy vs Rampage II, GSP vs Hughes II, Edgar vs Maynard II and III, Cruz vs Faber II, Fedor vs Big Nog II, Joanna vs Gadelha II...

You can't make such a generalized statement. There's been a ton of great fights that happened to be rematches. Some rematches suck, sure. So do some non-rematches. They don't tend to have fighters rematch if the first fight sucks, so I'd say there's probably less chance of a rematch sucking than a non-rematch sucking.

I think rematches are good only if its a draw. Personally, I'd like the former champion have to fight at least 2 fights to earn back their shot. But there is no money in that so it wouldn't happen.

They all suck. Every one. I understand a rematch is necessary for a championship fight that ends in a draw... But how much improvement can either of them make in such a short amount of time? If anything they will just go in there with a different gameplan. Wonderboy doing his karate point fighting trying not to get flatlined... Woodley probably using more of his wrestling to get the dec instead of headhunting with an overhand right. Fuck it
LOL just post IM AN DUMBASS next time save me from you braindead thoughts.

The only rematch I ever wanted to see was Aldo vs Mcgregor and they didn't make it. I wanted to see Maia vs Woodley and have Wonderboy fight the winner

I like some rematches but Wonderboy/Woodley is certainly not one of them. Thompson should have lost a UD and did lose a UD on everyone's scorecard who had eyes that worked. The shitty judges are the reason for this shitty rematch.

Win your fucking fights then you won't see the rematches. You can't complain about rematches from draws.

a draw is a successful defense for the champ. The only way a rematch would make sense is if the title was vacant, so nobody gets the belt. Wonderboy couldn't take the belt so someone else should get a turn. If anything should change, let's have the fighters go 1 more round to get a winner on fight night.

I agree with you ts. I actually can't think of a rematch I cared about since Randy Chuck 3.

Even DC vs Jones 2 seemed like a forgone conclusion to me.

I like some rematches but Wonderboy/Woodley is certainly not one of them. Thompson should have lost a UD and did lose a UD on everyone's scorecard who had eyes that worked. The shitty judges are the reason for this shitty rematch.
Really ? I personally thought
1 - Woodley 10-9
2 - Thompson - 10-9
3 - Thompson - 10-9
4 - Woodley - 10-8
5 - Thompson - 10-9
was the right scoring.
How did you score it ?

Back