Rematch

Isn't Dana saying he doesnt want to do a rematch now? I hope he's just doing his usual lying bs. I want to see that rematch.

Problem for me is there's no consistency regarding immediate rematches. Not surprisingly it's usually based on money and who Goof likes.

Cody x TJ II is the perfect example of a bad rematch.

We got the exact same result. Instead of seeing another legit contender fighting for the title we saw pretty much the same fight twice, while everyone else in the division has to wait.

not to mention Cody could have benefited from fighting someone else and then fighting TJ again, and maybe we would have a much better second fight.

If someone gets caught early he absolutely shouldn't get a rematch.

Only thing that matters is title-defenses. If you got above 5 defenses you get an immediate rematch, everyone else gets back in line.

UFC isn’t a sport, it’s a money making machine.

Basically immediate(or even quick) rematches happen for 2 reasons....

1.Dana's favoured fighter lost.

2.Dana's favoured fighter won so dominantly he thinks he would do again.

was hoping this thread was announcing Jacaré/Camozzi III

Yeah, you probably believed Khabib when he talked about legacy and that he didn't care about money, only for him to demand huge money to fight Conor the first time and call out Floyd afterwards.

Not sure what that has to do with it. Is this your attempt at an ad hominem? Or are we shifting argument to khabib now?

Not sure what that has to do with it. Is this your attempt at an ad hominem? Or are we shifting argument to khabib now?
It's not an attack, I'm just suggesting you are gullible if you believe Khabib and his team want to fight Ferguson, they 100% want the Conor rematch, anything they say to the contrary is designed to strengthen their negotiation power, as for shifting an argument, no Khabib was part of my original point.

It's not an attack, I'm just suggesting you are gullible if you believe Khabib and his team want to fight Ferguson, they 100% want the Conor rematch, anything they say to the contrary is designed to strengthen their negotiation power, as for shifting an argument, no Khabib was part of my original point.

I don't know how you can be 100 percent sure about that. If khabib and Conor both want the immediate rematch, then it will happen. We'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I haven't seen either man express interest in the rematch. I've just seen a lot of people speaking for them, and I dont Puch much weight on that.

I don't know how you can be 100 percent sure about that. If khabib and Conor both want the immediate rematch, then it will happen. We'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I haven't seen either man express interest in the rematch. I've just seen a lot of people speaking for them, and I dont Puch much weight on that.
Conor posted the next day about a rematch, Kavanagh talked about Conor wanting it, Dana said Conor asked for it.

And it makes sense from Khabib's team to act like they don't want it, as its strengthens their negotiation position when it comes to discussing fight purses and ppv points for a rematch.

Conor posted the next day about a rematch, Kavanagh talked about Conor wanting it, Dana said Conor asked for it.

And it makes sense from Khabib's team to act like they don't want it, as its strengthens their negotiation position when it comes to discussing fight purses and ppv points for a rematch.

Ah, I forgot about Conor's tweet. We need to get some interviews of these guys soon. I agree that what your saying could be the case, I'm just not sold that it actually is yet.

I need to see these guys talk.

Ah, I forgot about Conor's tweet. We need to get some interviews of these guys soon. I agree that what your saying could be the case, I'm just not sold that it actually is yet.
I need to see these guys talk.
For me the only thing that stops this rematch is a lengthy suspension for Khabib, which considering all the money that's on the line I really don't forsee.

Immediate rematches should only be made where it's justified.

- If someone is caught cold early in the fight
- If someone was winning, but got carless
- An entertaining 'close' fight (or at least somewhat competitive)
- A Draw
- A bad decision
- If it's the only fight to be made and others don't want a piece

I am sure I missed a few, but these are off the top of my head.

IMO a rematch should never be solely about a cash crab. I understand it's a business, but it's also meant to be sport.

If the business model takes over? Then the sport will diminish somewhat.

If the 'star' gets what he /she wants now? Then that opens the door for more future attractions to call the shots.

No fighter should be bigger than the Sport. It needs to be nipped in the bud, to stop others from trying the same shit in the future. Remember, if you give in once - you give in a thousand times.

#Khabib/Tony next!!
I think this needs a bump after all the events that have transpired since

Back