Rematch

Really hope Ferg vs Khabib happens but money trumps everything else so most likely it will be the rematch. I would love GSP vs Khabib, its a money fight plus a historical fight.

Lol. So pretty much you say every fight warrants a rematch as long as it wasn't pure domination. You literally said "at least somewhat competitive".

Somewhat competitive, if the fight was really exciting.

Ok take out the 'somewhat'

Pretty much the point is to treat fighters with the respect they deserve. If someone is deserving of a rematch? give them one

If some shit head is dominated most of the fight and looks for a way out? Tell him to get in line and earn it.

Ac should put in the rule not allowing immediate rematches unless its a special case (like controversial decision)

If it’s s clear one sided bestdown or ko/sub stoppage then immediate rematch should not occur

Sure ufc is a private business, but they are under ac jurisdiction n there’s probably a way to have some “competition fairness” clause which ali act also deals with

Floyd Mayweather took it to another level by fighting McGregor. Literally anything can happen now!

But he’s a retired boxer...

It’s not like he was preventing no.1 contender from fighting for s title in order to face Conor

I wouldn't mind a rematch but not right now and not while Khabib still has the belt, that is not a Conor title shot vs Khabib. It's Tony's shot next. After that those 2 nutjobs can do whatever they want with their gangs and shit.

But he’s a retired boxer...

It’s not like he was preventing no.1 contender from fighting for s title in order to face Conor

I agree, I am just saying that if someone is a big enough name, they can literally get what they want.

Floyd gets to fight an absolute bum, with a feather for a left hand and make 300 million!

Now the same guy with feather fists, gets dominated and is looking for an immediate rematch.

Depends how the finish happens.

It could of been a lucky stoppage
Bad ref decision
A close fight that merits a rematch

I agree with you about close controversial fight, but why should a early “lucky” ko warrant a rematch?

Finishing a fight = decisive victory

Imagine if the guy got tagged early, but since he had a good chin didn’t get finished, however was on zombie mode for the rest of the fight n got dominated

So he shouldn’t get instant rematch cause he got good chin n didn’t get finished early?

I agree with you about close controversial fight, but why should a early “lucky” ko warrant a rematch?

Finishing a fight = decisive victory

Imagine if the guy got tagged early, but since he had a good chin didn’t get finished, however was on zombie mode for the rest of the fight n got dominated

So he shouldn’t get instant rematch cause he got good chin n didn’t get finished early?

Was thinking of Cain and Jose. Anyone can be caught cold.

Cain dominated Dos Santos when he got the rematch.

I agree, I am just saying that if someone is a big enough name, they can literally get what they want.

Floyd gets to fight an absolute bum, with a feather for a left hand and make 300 million!

Now the same guy with feather fists, gets dominated and is looking for an immediate rematch.

But the difference here is he was fighting for a title n there are other contenders in the line for that title

Now unless ufc wants to brand itself as sports entertainment then sure they can do what ever they want, however as a legit mma league, they need to have some type of competitive structure where rankings matter n top contenders earn title shots.

Don’t forget they are still under ac jurisdiction n therefore can be told put in place if their matchmaking becomes total joke

Was thinking of Cain and Jose. Anyone can be caught cold.

Cain dominated Dos Santos when he got the rematch.

But it wasn’t immediate...

Also what if Cain wasn’t finished in the 1st fight, but was dazed n couldn’t properly recover for the remainder of the fight n jds put a beating on him for 5 rounds?

Should having a weaker chin be rewarded of having a good chin penalizing?

They will make Khabib vs Ferguson now... Mcgregor wont get what he wants this time around and will retire again. After a year or so he will come back to fight the winner of that fight. He is getting mauled again, though.

If he wasnt that stubborn he would fight Nate, Dustin or Pettis to get his mojo back.

But it wasn’t immediate...

Also what if Cain wasn’t finished in the 1st fight, but was dazed n couldn’t properly recover for the remainder of the fight n jds put a beating on him for 5 rounds?

Should having a weaker chin be rewarded of having a good chin penalizing?

lol the point of the thread is Con man doesn't get his rematch, which he blatantly does not deserve.

lol the point of the thread is Con man doesn't get his rematch, which he blatantly does not deserve.

That’s why I said ac could actually step in n make ufc have a legit ranking system n give the ts to the next guy in line

Notice they do try to have some time of legitimacy by stripping Conor if his titles n ranking him high before title fights.

But still ac could just expand the ali act to mma n force ufc to have legit rankings n give ts to no.1 contenders

I would like a rematch I think it will be a true sign and a test of skill Khabib wins then no doubt Conor should step down.

Let the results speak for themselves!

The results already spoke. Try listening.

Aldo should have got an immediate rematch with Conor and Conor shouldn't have one with Khabib but money.

Conor wanted the LW belt so fighting Aldo again didn't fit in, then RdA got injured, Nate, Nate, Eddie happened and then Mayweather and by then Aldo 2 was pointless.

Khabib vs Tony is the best fight to make now BUT Khabib vs Conor 2 sells 4-5x as many PPVs so don't be at all surprised if it's next.

I don't like immediate rematches, even if the fight is close, a robbery, a controversial decision, whatever. Get them both to fight someone else and then if they win maybe do it again. The UFC have too many of them as it is, it's a boxing thing where the established champ has it in the contract if they lose (but not if they win).

Jose Aldo KO wasn't a fluke, no reason to pretend he's something he's not anymore.. if you're caught early in a fight that doesn't mean you deserve another shot, that means you just got your ass kicked in dominating fashion

I don't agree with any of this. I think Dana saying "Conor wants a rematch" was just Dana trying to save the image of his Golden boy. I don't think Conor knows what he wants right now.

I don't think khabib really cares either way.
Yeah, you probably believed Khabib when he talked about legacy and that he didn't care about money, only for him to demand huge money to fight Conor the first time and call out Floyd afterwards.

Back