Religious people are out breeding everyone else, they inherit Earth.

I wouldn't have guessed that, interesting.

At some point we are going to have to have a serious talk about population. This planet has a finite amount of resources and at our reproduction rate, we will run out of water before anything else. Science and the state have rendered mother nature useless as far as natural selection goes and we are on an unnatural path now.

Will we have this bleak discussion? Maybe. China did. No one in the west is willing to talk about it because the media would run their name through the mud. More likely we just have a nuclear war or a viral epidemic to thin out the herd.
Very few countries in the west have native populations that are growing.

Very few countries in the west have native populations that are growing.
I'm not concerned with whether the native population is growing, but rather the total populationl. Western countries are all seeing population growth as far as I know. Not as much as India or other Middle eastern countries but still. What concerns me is what happens when natural resources run thing? How do we choose who gets what? It will come to that point, not sure how close we are too it.

You are going under the assumption that children of religious people will also be religious, and that children of athists will also be atheists.

I don't believe that will hold, and that a greater percentage of people born to religious parents will become atheists than vice versa as time passes.

Then the nuclear holocaust will take place, and people will go back to the stone ages and be religious again.
The children indeed will be religious because they will be Muslim and they are indoctrinated by the cult of Islam.

I'm not concerned with whether the native population is growing, but rather the total populationl. Western countries are all seeing population growth as far as I know. Not as much as India or other Middle eastern countries but still. What concerns me is what happens when natural resources run thing? How do we choose who gets what? It will come to that point, not sure how close we are too it.
Population growth by immigration is a silly way to count global population growth. When studying population growth it is more important to see where a person was born than where he or she lives later.

romney-family-photo.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg.png
A plague of wasps is upon us.

Population growth by immigration is a silly way to count global population growth. When studying population growth it is more important to see where a person was born than where he or she lives later.
I'm talking amount of people in a given space at a given time as population. I don't care about whether it's due to immigration, birthrate, whatever. That's not really the point. The point is people are filling up western countries and we don't have an infinite number of resources.

im a non-believer also, but do you really want all religions abolished? you see nothing of value in any of them?

It did at one time have an important purpose. It was the fist explanation of how we got here, origin myths. Also it became intertwined with various cultures. Over time as philosophy and science expanded and we found out religions were myths, religion played a less important role. Today it hinders development. Hinders free thought, human rights and science.

I'm simply amazed at all these brilliant sherbro atheists on here. To make these cocksure proclamations with out having slightest self doubt as to their own brilliance of the nature divinity and the universe. It's simply astounding.

Having said that I hang out with some Antiocian Orthodox Christians that, well for one thing have written a lot of books, teach philosophy at Rice University, full blown medical doctor, travel 20,000 miles a year debating bioethics. Ok getting tired of typing here. (Another one is a lawyer that graduated from Prinston)

Anyway here are "some" books that Tristam Englhart wrote.
https://www.amazon.com/H.-Tristram-...01ITX70M_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1490594433&sr=1-1

Not sure anyone that's posted on here is worthy to even carry his books.
While teaching philosophy at Rice University the little hipster wanna-be new atheists keyboard warriors piss their pants because they can't hide behind their screens.
Try getting through even three of his books on bioethics. Oh, and other brilliant people write books discussing his books. Maybe you should write a couple yourself refuting his position and proclaim what a idiot he is because he's a Christian. This should be no problem for someone such as yourself.
Ya, pretty much sick of all this bravado bull shit around here.

Last edited:
Religious people (generally) don't support the use of prophylactics nor abortions. Take away those two things and sex leads to babies being born. It's not rocket science you fucking idiot.

the real winner wil be the one who is the most fit for survival, if we use massive propaganda and indoctrination of the youth we can make a religious person a agnost or a atheist, just let the people read the religious books like the old testament or the other ones and then ask them is this your god who cares for fairness and reason, then ask them logically how can a all powerful being want you to burn in hell for eternity for simply not believing in him and if its true then you people do not believe in god but Satan[or maybe god isnot good at all]. Then comes the next question what will we do against the people who do not care to be good for other people.

It did at one time have an important purpose. It was the fist explanation of how we got here, origin myths. Also it became intertwined with various cultures. Over time as philosophy and science expanded and we found out religions were myths, religion played a less important role. Today it hinders development. Hinders free thought, human rights and science.

ironically, religion is the reason that we have science. you could argue its the reason that we have literacy.

and again, i am also a non believer, and just like you describe myself as a secular humanist. im sure that you and i will agree on the problems with religion, which are constantly and historically apparent. with that said, religious people are by far the most charitable. i certainly think the world would be worse off, without buddhism, and sects of the other major religions.

some people im not sure could function without some set rules, where they feel there will be divine reward, or divine punishment for their behavior. it gives some people hope.

Not sure anyone that's posted on here is worthy to even carry his books.

Why focus on one single person who has written a few books and travelled around debating ethics, as if that means much? Of the top scientists in relevant fields, what percent believe in a sky fairy, and what is their conviction based upon? Evidence, not personal authority, is the basis of objective conclusions.

You are going under the assumption that children of religious people will also be religious, and that children of athists will also be atheists.

I don't believe that will hold, and that a greater percentage of people born to religious parents will become atheists than vice versa as time passes.

Then the nuclear holocaust will take place, and people will go back to the stone ages and be religious again.
That is true with somewhat moderate religions but not so with hardcore sects like the amish, salafi muslims and so on because they rise their children outside of normal schools, they don't mix with other people and so on.
Genetics probably play a part too, these crazy fanatics probably have fanaticism genes.
They were always a small percentage of any population but due to contraceptives their proportions have grown, a good example are the ultra orthodox jews. Their percentage has been growing like crazy in Israel with no signs of stopping.

This is mind blowing. Watch it. You still can't believe after this. If you do please tell me why.

Good question, we can't be certain of anything really. I am not certain for sure but quite likely no God, just as it's likely are no tooth ferries or leprechauns.

However religious people are certain the supernatural exists 100% (without a shred of evidence). Certainty is arrogance.
Coming from someone who not only claims that he is an atheist but also that religion is fiction that's certainly illuminating. Add to that the constant vomiting of anti-Christian videos and posts and you're set. Unintended irony is your strong suit.

Here are 10 good reasons why not to believe in an invisible, cosmic puppet master:
http://www.alternet.org/story/154774/the_top_10_reasons_i_don't_believe_in_god
That's 9 ridiculously spurious reasons to justify one's rebellion. Yeah, rebellion, because that's exactly what both you and that writer are engaged in.

Also watch this video the God Delusion:

Then make your own decision.
Nothing says "I've got a strong case" when you encourage everyone to take a look at only one side of the story.

Why don't you throw The Irrational Atheist to the mix to make it a bit more interesting and less one sided?

How are religious people going to "inherit the Earth"? When did they ever lose control of it?

World_religions_pie_chart.png

Back