Religious people are out breeding everyone else, they inherit Earth.

Funny you say that considering the 1980's were great in America but now we're at the point of no return

Compared to 1970s and 1990s nothing was going on in the 1980s so people had a lot of time on there hands.

Complaining about Iran and Russia, listening to silly retro music, WWF etc etc. Life was good.

Going to church was the a great time filler.

Islam will rule the world. Once USA is weakened rest will fall easy.

How will America be weekend? There were a bunch of on there that said this was gonna happen in the 1970s. And many board member here said it was gonna happen in 2008.

And don't give me that, "Oh history has proven" "history always repeats itself, just look at Rome" "uuummm because history" bullshit.

Compared to 1970s and 1990s nothing was going on in the 1980s so people had a lot of time on there hands.

Complaining about Iran and Russia, listening to silly retro music, WWF etc etc. Life was good.

Going to church was the a great time filler.

Don't forget skateboarding & BMX.

How will America be weekend?

Multiculturalism and diversity will destroy America, the melting pot idea was for Europe.

America is only America because for the majority of this country's history it was 80% to 90% European.

The massive 20 trillion dollar debt America has now is because liberals wanted to save the 3rd world via the Hart Cellar act in 1965.

NeatEnchantedAfricanharrierhawk.gif

Thankfully Christianity is dead. 1 down, 3000 other bat shit crazy religions to go.

{<huh}

From 7 years ago, but shows Christianity is far from dead:

As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world’s largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31%) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth. Islam was second, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23% of the global population.

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

He is alive!

Last edited:
You are going under the assumption that children of religious people will also be religious, and that children of athists will also be atheists.

I don't believe that will hold, and that a greater percentage of people born to religious parents will become atheists than vice versa as time passes.

Then the nuclear holocaust will take place, and people will go back to the stone ages and be religious again.

No offense, but I think that this is the hope of a deluded atheist.
And I would guess that the statistics fail to support this hope.

bWmsxRo.png
fM5cgda.png

The problem is religion is growing in the less developed, less informed nations (as you would expect) and those are the people breeding like rabbits

No surprise. Go forth and be fruitful and all that.

You are going under the assumption that children of religious people will also be religious, and that children of athists will also be atheists.

I don't believe that will hold, and that a greater percentage of people born to religious parents will become atheists than vice versa as time passes.

Then the nuclear holocaust will take place, and people will go back to the stone ages and be religious again.
Was with you until the nuclear holocaust.
Instead, I'll say, "Then, mankind can get on with the business of humanity and spread out to other star systems."

Not very fruitful to call others deluded when you yourself just guess statistics, and wrongly so as was shown.

It's also obvious that the atheistic view has grown from the religious base as religion was stronger in the past. More knowledge and education tends to start lowering the amount of religious people.

There's some good news as relates to the moderation of religious beliefs if you look at Mormons. Their birthrate is crazy high, yet their growth has leveled off. Rationality, education, secular government all do a good job of diluting religiosity. Western Muslims will likely follow this pattern as well, so long as we keep them accountable to secular law and enforce the separation of church and state in schools. Other less rational parts of the world will not fare as well...
That is so true. As an atheist I have no issue with Muslims helping our declining birth rates, but what I do find alarming is turning a blind eye to sharia being allowed to take hold. We just passed a vague anti Islamophobia motion up here in cuck Canada, the vote wasn't even close. Not being able to criticize an ideology is incredibly dangerous. Without our free speech protections, we never could have gotten out from under the archaic catholic church, it's like we're going backwards in regards to Islam, specifically Sharia.

Thankfully it's cold as hell up here for much of the year and far away from the holy lands of the Middle East, so migrants (refugees namely) don't flock here and we can be selective. European nations are bearing the brunt of mass sharia-based immigration, hopefully we can learn from their mistakes/successes.

None taken!

I think science and education will eventually take the first world even more away from creationism and eventually atheists will be trusted to openly run for office. An openly atheist President should work wonders. It could be optimism, but I don't see how advancements of science and education are going to be a net bad for atheists.

bWmsxRo.png
fM5cgda.png

The problem is religion is growing in the less developed, less informed nations (as you would expect) and those are the people breeding like rabbits

I would still question a lot of the validity of this.

50+ percent of people really believe in hell? I doubt it is that much. They may say it.... but do they believe enough to really save their friends from burning in hell for eternity? I mean, if your friend was on fire, most normal people would try to put the fire out by getting them to roll over, smack them with their jackets, or whatever the fuck else.

So, if someone really believed in hell, I think they wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that bad behavior friends and family would be in an eternal hell if they were to die.

I am not religious in the least but I'm curious, what makes you so confident that a God does not exist?

It's not even a matter of whether or not god exists. That question may very well be unanswerable. We are still trying to figure out how the universe works, so it feels a little premature for billions to believe they know WHY it works the way it does. That is the ultimate question and deserves a bit more consideration taking the word of deeply flawed texts with dubious historicity.

It is perfectly reasonable to be skeptical of every religion regardless of you opinion on the existence of god.

I would still question a lot of the validity of this.

50+ percent of people really believe in hell? I doubt it is that much. They may say it.... but do they believe enough to really save their friends from burning in hell for eternity? I mean, if your friend was on fire, most normal people would try to put the fire out by getting them to roll over, smack them with their jackets, or whatever the fuck else.

So, if someone really believed in hell, I think they wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that bad behavior friends and family would be in an eternal hell if they were to die.

Well the way the polls work, a large selected group of people (representative of the overall population) are asked a bunch of questions and their answers are recorded.. so if they say they believe in hell, thats what is recorded as data.

Most religious people don't think about the logistics of the afterlife, and some of them are positively thrilled about being in heaven while others suffer eternal torture.

"We are the pure and chosen few, and all the rest are damned. There’s room enough in hell for you — we don't want heaven crammed".

Right now this is not true according to PEW. They hold that the children of atheists are more likely to become religious, with the highest religion in the US being born again Christian, than religious children are to become atheists.

Hindus do the best raising kids to be their religion.
I wouldn't have guessed that, interesting.

At some point we are going to have to have a serious talk about population. This planet has a finite amount of resources and at our reproduction rate, we will run out of water before anything else. Science and the state have rendered mother nature useless as far as natural selection goes and we are on an unnatural path now.

Will we have this bleak discussion? Maybe. China did. No one in the west is willing to talk about it because the media would run their name through the mud. More likely we just have a nuclear war or a viral epidemic to thin out the herd.

Well the way the polls work, a large selected group of people (representative of the overall population) are asked a bunch of questions and their answers are recorded.. so if they say they believe in hell, thats what is recorded as data.

Most religious people don't think about the logistics of the afterlife, and some of them are positively thrilled about being in heaven while others suffer eternal torture.

"We are the pure and chosen few, and all the rest are damned. There’s room enough in hell for you — we don't want heaven crammed".

I get the first part, sheesh! The point I am making is that "religious" people are so full of shit, I can't even expect them (in general) to answer polls honestly (at worst) and are out of touch with reality that what they believe to be their honest answers in many cases are highly contradictory to their responses.

As for the last parts, yep, truly a pious attitude. <41>

So all in all, "religious" people have a bizarre set of weird, often contradictory set of beliefs, which one would expect from clans that follow superstitions.

[QUOTE="Perhaps you're worried about the ethnic imbalances being created by the disproportionately religious third-world VS the secular and infertile developed world, which would be more of a logical concern.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's about ethnicity. I think its about values. Western value of happiness vs east, religious value of family first and procriation. That is gone in the west. We are killing ourselves because of it.

So how to fix it? More financial incentives from the government to have kids?

The religious people have always had a higher birth rate than secular people, not least because being religious is very common in poor countries. They used to have a larger percentage of the Earth's population than they do now.

It isn't just an underdeveloped nation thing though. It is also because religions (and cultural traditions in general) tend to value family life,marriage, children, gender roles, and importance of it, more than atheistic/materialist cultures.

In Western nations there is a concerted effort at breaking down a lot of these things so the downstream effect is somewhat predictable.

Back