Religious people are out breeding everyone else, they inherit Earth.

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a secular humanist and atheist I am appalled by this statistic. I thought that as the world gets more civilized and educated, we can do away with primitive religions. Yet it seems secularism bring with it devastatingly low birth rates. Happiness over reproduction. White Europeans are actually disappearing due to negative birth rates. Religious nations and communities continue to have 2.4 children per family. They will inherit the earth.

How can we counter this?

Think religion is in decline? Look at who is 'going forth and multiplying'
http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-...ng-look-at-who-is-going-forth-and-multiplying

You are going under the assumption that children of religious people will also be religious, and that children of athists will also be atheists.

I don't believe that will hold, and that a greater percentage of people born to religious parents will become atheists than vice versa as time passes.

Then the nuclear holocaust will take place, and people will go back to the stone ages and be religious again.

You are going under the assumption that children of religious people will also be religious, and that children of athists will also be atheists.

I don't believe that will hold, and that a greater percentage of people born to religious parents will become atheists than vice versa as time passes.

Then the nuclear holocaust will take place, and people will go back to the stone ages and be religious again.

I was hoping so, then the research article said this based on youth leaving their traditions: "Children of immigrants often engage in “cultural defence,” says sociologists. They tend to stay with their parents’ traditional, ethno-religious customs to affirm their identities".

wt6g3x.jpg

There's some good news as relates to the moderation of religious beliefs if you look at Mormons. Their birthrate is crazy high, yet their growth has leveled off. Rationality, education, secular government all do a good job of diluting religiosity. Western Muslims will likely follow this pattern as well, so long as we keep them accountable to secular law and enforce the separation of church and state in schools. Other less rational parts of the world will not fare as well...

They can't stop logical thinking from dismantling their fairy tales, so they are fighting it the only way they know how: by trying to out-breed it

Thats a good thing in my opinion. Im a catholic and i plan to have at least 5 kids

They can't stop logical thinking from dismantling their fairy tales, so they are fighting it the only way they know how: by trying to out-breed it
You probably consider yourself intelligent while also believing that religious people are conspiring to outbreed the atheists, lol.

There's some good news as relates to the moderation of religious beliefs if you look at Mormons. Their birthrate is crazy high, yet their growth has leveled off. Rationality, education, secular government all do a good job of diluting religiosity. Western Muslims will likely follow this pattern as well, so long as we keep them accountable to secular law and enforce the separation of church and state in schools. Other less rational parts of the world will not fare as well...

The problem isn't westernized Muslims or western people. They are just as american as us. It's the eastern religious people, sub Saharan Africa, Muslims countries, INDIA with their 1.8 billion people, etc...Clearly we lose.

You probably consider yourself intelligent while also believing that religious people are conspiring to outbreed the atheists, lol.

I don't think they are conspiring to do anything, they are too stupid for that

I am not religious in the least but I'm curious, what makes you so confident that a God does not exist?

Good question, we can't be certain of anything really. I am not certain for sure but quite likely no God, just as it's likely are no tooth ferries or leprechauns.

However religious people are certain the supernatural exists 100% (without a shred of evidence). Certainty is arrogance.

Here are 10 good reasons why not to believe in an invisible, cosmic puppet master:
http://www.alternet.org/story/154774/the_top_10_reasons_i_don't_believe_in_god

Also watch this video the God Delusion:

Then make your own decision.

I for one can't wait for the day the world is ruled by the bible.

Ruled by a book that has been man-made, edited 1000 times, re-written from several languages and some accounts totally removed? Yeah..I'm really worried.

The religious people have always had a higher birth rate than secular people, not least because being religious is very common in poor countries. They used to have a larger percentage of the Earth's population than they do now.

Secularism has been spreading despite birth rates and the more people that get access to good lives and good education the more it will spread. The more educated people get in how to treat information, the less desperate they will be for easy answers.

Good question, we can't be certain of anything really. I am not certain for sure but quite likely no God, just as it's likely are no tooth ferries or leprechauns.

However religious people are certain the supernatural exists 100% (without a shred of evidence). Certainty is arrogance.

Here are 10 good reasons why not to believe in an invisible, cosmic puppet master:
http://www.alternet.org/story/154774/the_top_10_reasons_i_don't_believe_in_god

Also watch this video the God Delusion:

Then make your own decision.

What do you believe caused the Big Bang?

What do you believe caused the Big Bang?

Look at theoretical physics, they have some reasonable hypothesis based on mathematics, more reasonable then an invisible man.

That is out of scope of this thread. This thread discusses religious birthrates vs secular and the issues that arise.

Right now this is not true according to PEW. They hold that the children of atheists are more likely to become religious, with the highest religion in the US being born again Christian, than religious children are to become atheists.

Hindus do the best raising kids to be their religion.

Back