Regardless of his recent performance, Adesanya is going to take the UFC by storm

Yes i can see the potential too. If he had very good Wrestling and ground game, he could be a Jones in MW.
But he lacks those too, lets see if he's going to evolve or stay the same.
I fully believe he will evolve as a fighter. Time will tell of course but I haven’t had this much faith in a gfightwr for a long long time, there something different about the way he carries himself around the octagon, wow am I stanning him rn but I just think that’s the way it is

I have a feeling Adesanya will be just another hype job waiting to be derailed.

His precision and accuracy along with his calm level headedness is what makes his striking so devastating. He needs a crocop approach to tdd and grappling, though crocop had the core strength that made his tdd so effective.
Israel does seem to stand in the pocket and fire shots alot. Which against a wrestler wont end well.

I have a feeling Adesanya will be just another hype job waiting to be derailed.
I thought the exact same thing at first but I thought about it & studied his fights, like every nuance. He is something special

People acting like he is a young prospect.

He less than 3 years younger than Aldo with arguably more miles on the clock.

He will be entertaining but should have dispatched Vettori more convincingly imo.

He is a cool addition to the roster...but he isn't young. 29 years old. he has had a few losses in kickboxing as well, so he is not like some invincible killing machine.

I am stoked he is in the UFC and i like his energy, but i feel he will fall well short of Glory. I honestly can't see him getting a MW strap against that killers row unless his wrasslin improves by an order of magnitude in the next 3 years - has anyone ever done that except GSP?

Back