Regarding Greg Hardy: Imagine UFC fighters trying to join the NFL/NBA/soccer... LOL

Ngannou literally looks the part of your typical NFL dood.

UFC is last restort, when all their other pro sport careers fail, especially the HWs

Yes yes we know... the UFC is sports “entertainment” i.e. a fake sport.

Heck, imagine Greg Hardy trying to join Boxing.

<CroCop1>

I thought Aldo was a competent footballer (soccer for our American pals) till I saw him play but he actually isn’t.

If you evened the playing field and get them on the juice from about the age of 16 and I’m sure that the higher weight classes wouldn’t look too out of place.

I thought Aldo was a competent footballer (soccer for our American pals) till I saw him play but he actually isn’t.
he's shit tier by Brazilian standards but I think he could have done well in MLS.

Out of the three soccer would be the easiest.

Stephen Neal was a wrestler in college and didn't play any football, he joined the NFL and won three Superbowls.
So it's not that far fetched.

Out of the three soccer would be the easiest.

Doubtful.

Football is an intricate skill based game played by far more people. Whereas simply being big can benefit you in both American football and basketball, it might not make you good but it would be advantageous nonetheless.

Thought the same thing, he said he almost became a pro player for Flamengo. NEVER. There are literally thousands 5 yr old kids in brazil who play much much better than him. He couldn't even jungle with the ball more than 20 times lol. That's like someone saying he almost became an NBA player when he couldn't do a layup...

to be fair fighting is a lot more intuitive and natural than most sports.

Most sports have very arbitrary made up rules that creates actions are not natural. Like you would never need to do the dribbling motion ever in real life unless you played basketball.

We have been fighting since the beginning of time

Doubtful.

Football is an intricate skill based game played by far more people. Whereas simply being big can benefit you in both American football and basketball, it might not make you good but it would be advantageous nonetheless.

Yes because no skills are needed in football and basketball...

UFC is sacrificing credibility for a quick payday. Can't blame them since they got conned for buying it for 4 billion bucks.

UFC will not die but Mark my word it will NEVER have the same flare as it had during mid 2000s to 2012.

Yes conor came after but too much weight divisions and WMMA is creating disinterest. People have lives besides following MMA and over feeding leads to loss of interest.

Is there a sports fan community that does shit on the athletes more than MMA fans?

Because of the money involved, nearly everyone in the USA eliminates basketball, baseball, and football as a possibility (usually in high school theyll know they arent good enough in the big 3 sports) before they start to try fighting, and same for the rest of the world in soccer and basketball.

If we ever reached the point where MMA somehow paid about the same as the NFL, MLB, international soccer, and the NBA for, say the 50th-best athlete in each sport, then priorities would shift and people may be more willing to choose MMA over the other sports, but right now you'd be an idiot to choose fighting if you had other options. Hell, even if the 50th-best UFC fighter got paid a third of what the equivalent in the other sports make we'd see movement.

Back