Referring to people by their color? Why is it only ok for black/white?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
How come it's common to hear people refer to African Americans as "black people," Caucasians as "white people," but you never hear people refer to Asians as "yellow people"? Certainly each race has varying shades of their own color, but generally all blacks are referred to as "black," all whites are referred to as "white," but no one says "all yellows are referred to as yellow."

Further....

"Booker T is the black guy who does the spinaroonie."

"Brock Lesnar is the big white guy who does both WWE and UFC."

But never:

"Jet Li was the yellow guy in Expendables 1."

{<huh}

Just seems kinda funny to me that color is really only ever widely used for two races.

I've heard Indians refer to themselves as brown

We have names here for all of them but I don't want yellow cards.

But they all have names I assure you lol

Cause Asians get referred to as Slant eye

Yellow skin gets referred to as Jaundice

Well some Asians are white (Korean, Chinese, Japanese) and some are brown (Cambodian, Filipino, Indian). I don't think any Asian is yellow.

I refer to Asians as those who generally work hard, get top grades in the subjects that matter, make a lot of money as a result.

I'm brown and refer to other brown people as "that brown person" all the time

In the Chinese language, they refer to themselves as yellow people (黃種人)

Well some Asians are white (Korean, Chinese, Japanese) and some are brown (Cambodian, Filipino, Indian). I don't think any Asian is yellow.

There's a reason Buk Lau is portrayed as yellow.

Yeah if you call an asian yellow or a native red it is considered a racial slur, but you can call a white person redneck or white trash and even white devil and its okay, if i am fair and side with a white person because i feel he is innocent ill be called and uncle tom, coon or sell out, i found out that whites are the minority in the world, i wonder what group of people decided whats racist, Like who decided this?

Yeah if you call an asian yellow or a native red it is considered a racial slur, but you can call a white person redneck or white trash and even white devil and its okay, if i am fair and side with a white person because i feel he is innocent ill be called and uncle tom, coon or sell out, i found out that whites are the minority in the world, i wonder what group of people decided whats racist, Like who decided this?
White people.

Back