REFEREE JOE CORTEZ: CONNOR HAS A PUNCHER´S CHANCE

Wow, definitely thread worthy.

If only there was an appropriate sub forum for this bullshit or a sticky in the boxing forum, shame on you @PUO3

I don't know WTF is going on anymore..

Mayweather is now only -500.

What the he'll is happening?

You pony betting degenerates are going to clean up, that's what's happening.

I've been considering it but I probably won't touch it. I'll put $200 on Floyd and Ellerbe will close the car door on his hand or something.

So Joe Cortez has watched all the sparring Conor has been doing for the past 7 weeks, closer than anyone else, and he thinks Conor will lose. What a surprise.

Apparently he's as low as mid -300's on some uk/euro bookies, or at least was that low as recently as a couple days ago. They are probably dealing with the three way lines or whatever you call them, seems like most uk books don't give you a push on draws, not that a draw is a likely outcome in this fight, but still probably why the line is even lower over there, along with a lot more Conor fans, I'd assume.

I don't know WTF is going on anymore..

Mayweather is now only -500.

What the he'll is happening?

Odds only reflect the money in Vegas. Has nothing to do with anything else

Apparently he's as low as mid -300's on some uk/euro bookies, or at least was that low as recently as a couple days ago. They are probably dealing with the three way lines or whatever you call them, seems like most uk books don't give you a push on draws, not that a draw is a likely outcome in this fight, but still probably why the line is even lower over there, along with a lot more Conor fans, I'd assume.

it's not Connor fans, it's fckin clueless sports fans that are backing him to the hilt. In a poll on sky sports it is virtually neck and neck as to who wins with over 100k votes cast. Us brits are supposed to be clued up when it comes to boxing! It's embarrassing

TS why don't you ask someone like Lennox Lewis what the definition of "puncher's chance" really is. He'll tell you that all it means is anybody that's capable of throwing a punch can win by TKO/KO. You only need to be able to form a solid fist and throw a punch. If it lands, especially flush, it's possible that you could stop your opponent. Conor has some respectable speed, precision, power and timing on his straight left, though this has not been proven in boxing (his power that is). So, you could say that he has an increased puncher's chance at best with that one punch.

Last edited:
TS why don't you ask someone like Lennox Lewis what the definition of "puncher's chance" really is. He'll tell you that all it means is anybody that's capable of throwing a punch can win by TKO/KO. You only need to be able to form a solid fist and throw a punch. If it lands it's possible that you could stop your opponent. Conor has some respectable speed, power and timing on his straight left, though this has not been proven in boxing (his power that is). So, you could say that he has an increased puncher's chance at best.

any living soul wit a chin only needs tree and a half pound pressure right ere (time stamped)

Joe isn't telling us anything we don't know. Does anyone see Conor outboxing Floyd for 12 rounds?

Its pretty sad that a guy you paid to work your camp says you've got a punchers chance.

I feel bad for the one guy reading this thread who has no hands and therefore is the only person who can't claim they have a puncher's chance itt.

it's not Connor fans, it's fckin clueless sports fans that are backing him to the hilt. In a poll on sky sports it is virtually neck and neck as to who wins with over 100k votes cast. Us brits are supposed to be clued up when it comes to boxing! It's embarrassing

You Brits have always been good boxing fans. The whole world is going nuts for Conor, it seems. I guess I just assumed he'd have more fans in the UK considering he's from close by but Vegas is taking a lot of money from all over so a lot of ppl got the bug for this dude, i guess.

Joe isn't telling us anything we don't know. Does anyone see Conor outboxing Floyd for 12 rounds?

No, I don't see him being able to outbox Floyd for even half of a round. He'll try and outfight him making it dirty and ugly after he realizes he can't catch Floyd coming in with his straight left sunday punch. He stands a better chance at trying to outfight Floyd and using his size to try and bully him than trying to outbox him. I expect a lot of roughing from McGregor once he realizes how desperate he'll be reduced to when he can't land, is getting picked off and the breakdown process begins to take effect.

Last edited:
Back