Reevo Kimono (Gi) - With Pics -

Well, it has finally happend. The crotch tore big time. One of the guys I roll with got his thumb caught as I was transitioning from side control to North-South and tore a big hole. So, expect your spandex crotch to last about one year. I went to a fabric store and got some sturdy material. Then took it to a tailor and had the spandex crotch replaced. Honestly, this would be my only complaint about the Gi. Here's the pic of the newly replaced crotch.

MMAExpo2009004Resized.jpg

I think it looks even better with the black spandex crotch.

i'm not happy to here about the spandex crotch went on you, but i'm just glad that my manufactures steered me away from going that route on my last batch of gis, but still 1yr is not that bad for a flex panel if used on a daily basis.

the black does look sweet with the blue nice choice

Gorilla Fight Gear!, MMA Supplies

Kyokushin_6'4";31718723 said:
Well, it has finally happend. The crotch tore big time. One of the guys I roll with got his thumb caught as I was transitioning from side control to North-South and tore a big hole. So, expect your spandex crotch to last about one year. I went to a fabric store and got some sturdy material. Then took it to a tailor and had the spandex crotch replaced. Honestly, this would be my only complaint about the Gi. Here's the pic of the newly replaced crotch.

MMAExpo2009004Resized.jpg

This exact thing happened to my Reevo gi pants. I'm a guard player and the spandex crotch didn't come close to lasting a year. They should ditch the spandex or get some kind of super-material to keep it from tearing. I'm a bit curious about whether the spandex would be permitted in competition too.

I am getting some Keiko pants to replace them. The sleeves are a bit short on me and I always air dry it. It's normally a gi I like to wear on days we do spider guard drills b/c the sleeves then end up being normal length by the start of sparring. Love the jacket, though.

i wonder if neoprene would work better. it's much thicker but the strenght is all in it's liner

Back