Reem has a better resume then Cain

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Not a very popular opinion but upon looking at their records.

Cain Velasquez
13134.jpg

-Lesnar
-JDS x2
-Bigfoot x2
-Big Nog
-Travis

Alistair Overeem
20140204105026_alistair_overeem.JPG

-Werdum x2
-Lesnar
-Frank
-Mark Hunt x2
-Arlovski
-JDS

Both guys have their issues though. Reem doesn't have the greatest chin, and Cain is always injured. Cain has been fighting for over 12 years, yet he only has 16 fights, while Overeem has been fighting for 18 years and has 59 MMA fights. Cain got the UFC belt, which is the only argument that he has over Reem. Reem had harder competition. He had to fight Stipe and Werdum, while Cain was fighting Bigfoot and JDS.

Who in your opinion has the better resume? Who would win if they fought today?

Last edited:
Reem loses via GnP

Reem clearly has the better resume overall.

That makes me think, Cain vs Frank would have been a hell of a lot more interesting then Frank/JDS was

And yeah Reem does have a better ledger

Not if you include their losses

I'm a Reem fan but if they both retired now I think cain goes down as the better hw

Also cain bear big nog not lil nog

I'm a Reem fan but if they both retired now I think cain goes down as the better hw

Fixed it. I had Little Dong and Big Dong in my head because of the fights last night . Haha

Cain would have more losses if he fought the guys Reem did and if he were more active.

Caïn needs to fight to have a good resume...

a resume does include losses.....and reems is still better. it is about strength of competition not only who you beat....reem has a WAY BETTER resume.

Fixed it. I had Little Dong and Big Dong in my head because of the fights last night . Haha

Cain would have more losses if he fought the guys Reem did and if he were more active.
I'm not so sure he would. If the fighters you listed he hasn't fought frank, Arlovski, or hunt. He lost to werdum.

I think he'd be a pretty comfortable favorite over all three he hasn't fought. Frank and Arlovski I think would be pretty one sided. Hunt likely could be as well but sometimes his tdd is pretty good and he can ko anyone.

Id like to see him rematch werdum

its not a popular opinion because it isnt true-

most people know a resume is a work history.

Reem has a history of 15 losses,
including bums like Travis Browne, Chuck Liddell, and people youve never heard of.

Cain has 2 losses- JDS and Werdum, 2of the best 5 HWs ever.

dumb thread.

a resume does include losses.....and reems is still better. it is about strength of competition not only who you beat....reem has a WAY BETTER resume.
Getting ko'd by travis, bigfoot, and Rothwell are pretty big negatives.

I'm not so sure he would. If the fighters you listed he hasn't fought frank, Arlovski, or hunt. He lost to werdum.

I think he'd be a pretty comfortable favorite over all three he hasn't fought. Frank and Arlovski I think would be pretty one sided. Hunt likely could be as well but sometimes his tdd is pretty good and he can ko anyone.

Id like to see him rematch werdum

I was mainly talking about Stipe. I think if Cain would have fought Stipe a year ago when Reem did, he would of gotten KO'd

really? 74% wins are better than 88%?

being stopped 15 times is better than being stopped 2X?

NO UFC or PRIDE HW titles wins is better than 5?

now wanna average out the average rnk of win?

THERE IS LITERALLY NO WAY TO CLAIM OVEREEMS IS BETTER IF YOU PROPERLY SCALE THEM.

I know who to call (and he doesnt even like Cain):

@Taric

Getting ko'd by travis, bigfoot, and Rothwell are pretty big negatives.

perhaps, but he still have a better resume than cain. he has fought more people.

cains resume is weak because while he is considered one of the best HWs of the era he failed to fight a LOT of people

really? 74% wins are better than 88%?

being stopped 15 times is better than being stopped 2X?

NO UFC or PRIDE HW titles wins is better than 5?

now wanna average out the average rnk of win?

THERE IS LITERALLY NO WAY TO CLAIM OVEREEMS IS BETTER IF YOU PROPERLY SCALE THEM.

not really a fair comparison.

cain has 16 fights. Reem has 60

Travis Brown Beat Reem and Married Ronda who beat Tate....Obviously Nunes is the GOAT!

See what I did there? MMA Math is fun!

If you include all the bums Reem beat, I suppose that might give him the edge over Cain when talking pure HW fights. Still hard to argue though considering Reem has never won a real title ever.

JDS has a better resume than both Cain and Reem though.

Ok hold up - does that take into account only UFC career or all of their fights? If the latter, you also have tk consider the timing of their fights. For example, while Cain beats prime JDS, Reem beats prime most everyone on his resume, minus Arlovski and JDS. That type stuff. I'm not doing an extensive list by any msans here, just illustrating the difficulty in making the final call.

By my reckoning, Reem wins this handily...

Yes, Overeem has a much better win resume....but he also got beat by the likes of Bigfoot, Rothwell, Travis Browne, etc.

Back