Reebok pay is gone. It's now promotion, conduct and outfitting.

i'm pretty sure those fighter would rather opt for Reebok pay if it means they don' have to do media or other shit for a few thousand.

maxresdefault.jpg

The bottom tier is now $3500?

you know how hard it is for a fighter to get $3500 in sponsors?

Guys getting six figure sponsor checks were mostly myths.

I have talked with several lower end UFC fighters about their sponsorship money like James Irvin, Scott Smith, and Jason Miller. They all told me they got $1000 per logo displayed on their shorts, shirts, hats, and those big banners the cornermen would hold up.

Getting the sponsors was something their managers delt with and was not difficult. Keep in mind this was before Miller had done anything really except his GSP fight. Very popular fighters and main eventers got substantially more.

they said the reebok deal was great, they said it will improve the fighters they said...

Hey man
First I'm hearing of it
Thanks for the tag
Seems like Reebok is combating fighters speaking out against them.
I haven't looked into it, but read the report.
Fert's did not think this one though at all when the signed the deal.

Thabks for the link TS. I hadn’t seen this.

But am I the only one who feels like TS is making a mountain out of a molehill?

I have little doubt the UFC made a policy change that didn’t help fighters. I get that.

But compared to the mandatory likeness rights policy changes, sponsor tax, and a handful of other financial policy changes over the years, on a scale of 1 to “UFC fucked over the fighters again”, this feels like it’s about a 1.5....
It seems like what you're saying is, "It's so bad for fighters that this particular issue doesn't seem that bad". Ok.

The Reebok pay was exclusively for the Reebok outfits.

If the "reebok pay" is no longer exclusively for wearing their outfits, then can fighters now wear their own sponsors and gear? Of course not.

A transition has just taken place that no one has talked about. Reebok gear is now mandatory but there's no compensation for it.

It's basically like if I paid you $5 a week for doing the dishes, then next year I said to you "that $5 isn't for doing the dishes, it's for cleaning the washrooms". And then you said "oh so I don't have to do the dishes any more" and I just replied "the $5 is for doing the washrooms" and I don't even acknowledge that originally the $5 was for doing the dishes, and technically you're still responsible for the dishes for free, but also now for the dishes and the washroom.

Does that seem like a fair deal?

there is a positive to this.

it is hard to have an over-arching conduct policy and still consider the fighters "independent contractors."

if the UFC is expecting fighters to follow the UFC conduct code at all times it would be a good stepping stone for making UFC fighters employees instead of independent contractors.

It seems like what you're saying is, "It's so bad for fighters that this particular issue doesn't seem that bad". Ok.

Does that seem like a fair deal?
It does not seem fair. I should not have been so dismissive of your frustration.

Its mild compared to a few other other financial moves the UFC has made that negatively impacted the fighters. Still doesn’t make it right.

Keep fighting the good fight, sir.

- Champions of our sport have to beg the UFC for 50k bonuses on PPV
- UFC has a predatory """win bonus""" system where they don't pay half your contract if you lose
- UFC's own lawyers have put into writing that they don't pay the fighters their worth because they aren't organized
- The biggest star in the history of the sport is ridiculed by fans for taking time to negotiate the biggest contract in MMA history

IDGAF if it isn't perfect, some legislation has to step in & correct UFC business practices

Fighters should be able to wear, say and have an open market purse bid, like in boxing

The UFC masquerades promotional titles & rankings as """world championships"""​

Is it only me, or is the line self contractor and employee crossed with that change? @FrankieNYC

I have to look into further but that might be very valid
If they are forced to promote a brand that is not UFC ....

Don't have the time/resources today, but really good observation

Very shitty situation for the fighters. I think one reason we don't see many new exciting prospects is because they realize how terrible the UFC contracts are, with the high risk low reward. Almost no freedom, while having a lot of obligations.

How would this be good PR for Reebok in the long run? Fighters can't talk crap on twitter about them... for now.

How the hell can they stipulate you have to wear Reebok gear when they're not compensating you for it?

You should be able to not wear it or wear other sponsors gear and just eat the $3500 loss.

Bellator MMA is looking better and better.

atv_1.jpg

661f714fb585a164ea85f604c1b6ba74--best-sneakers-atv.jpg

The money needs to go into making these monstrosities

The bottom tier is now $3500?

you know how hard it is for a fighter to get $3500 in sponsors?

Guys getting six figure sponsor checks were mostly myths.
Brendan Schaub made six figures from sponsors, let that sink in for a second.

That’s the UFC for you...

CKxjFxXUYAEvqzk.jpg

Back