Reebok deal going from bad to worse - UFC's top talent is starting to migrate to Bellator

Remember that part near the end of the same post where I made reference to RDA being in the ufc since 2008? It was in reference to you NOT KNOWING THE FUTURE of any one fighter. So don't fucking pretend that like Uncle Fester's parroting that Bendo is on the downhill of his career. You don't know. Fester doesn't know.

Benson seems to have an idea. If he had confidence to go in there and blast fools like RDA has been he'd have taken the UFC deal.

That's my point from the start. Benson doesn't have the confidence that'll he be able to beat these guys convincingly ahead of him to ever get to the big bucks UFC offered.

Benson seems to have an idea. If he had confidence to go in there and blast fools like RDA has been he'd have taken the UFC deal.

That's my point from the start. Benson doesn't have the confidence that'll he be able to beat these guys convincingly ahead of him to ever get to the big bucks UFC offered.

Uhh no....no that wasn't it at all. That's you listening to Uncle Fester.

http://www.mmanews.com/benson-hende...p-revenue-had-a-lot-to-do-with-ufc-departure/

Benson's own mouth states that the reebok shit was a BIG reason as to why he jumped ship. Don't assume that just because you get near the top of the chain or hold the belt that you instantly get conor money. Look at Aldo. You think he was getting Conor money? Maybe when Bendo was champ he wasn't seeing Conor money?

This is you buying into Dana's bullshit. Every time a fighter jumps ship, Unlce Fester needs to pull out his best Baghdad bob impersonation and proclaim that said fighter is washed up or no big loss...which I get, he's a promoter and that's his job...

I just expect a poster with the word "rational" in his name to understand what the fuck is going on and learn to rationally read between the lines.

Uhh no....no that wasn't it at all. That's you listening to Uncle Fester.

http://www.mmanews.com/benson-hende...p-revenue-had-a-lot-to-do-with-ufc-departure/

Benson's own mouth states that the reebok shit was a BIG reason as to why he jumped ship. Don't assume that just because you get near the top of the chain or hold the belt that you instantly get conor money. Look at Aldo. You think he was getting Conor money? Maybe when Bendo was champ he wasn't seeing Conor money?

This is you buying into Dana's bullshit. Every time a fighter jumps ship, Unlce Fester needs to pull out his best Baghdad bob impersonation and proclaim that said fighter is washed up or no big loss...which I get, he's a promoter and that's his job...

I just expect a poster with the word "rational" in his name to understand what the fuck is going on and learn to rationally read between the lines.

Tired of hearing about sponsor money like that money was ever the fighters to begin with.

I can totally understand how getting free money for selling other people's advertising real estate can influence a decision one way or the other... but I don't feel bad in the slightest that they lost it. It wasn't theirs. It belongs to FOX and the UFC.

Do you really think if Bellator reaches the same heights as the UFC Viacom won't be thinking the same thing?

Tired of hearing about sponsor money like that money was ever the fighters to begin with.

I can totally understand how getting free money for selling other people's advertising real estate can influence a decision one way or the other... but I don't feel bad in the slightest that they lost it. It wasn't theirs. It belongs to FOX and the UFC.

Do you really think if Bellator reaches the same heights as the UFC Viacom won't be thinking the same thing?

Maybe? Maybe not? But I'm glad to see your corporate shill shit attitude come to surface finally.

Maybe? Maybe not? But I'm glad to see your corporate shill shit attitude come to surface finally.

I am only talking about the reality of television advertising in all industries. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

You really think a company like Viacom that can buy and sell a company like Zuffa any day of the week wouldn't maximise their available advertising revenue with their product?

One fighter left who has lost 3 of his last 6 that is hardly a bunch of top talent.

The day we see a champ or a guy about to fight the champ in his next fight jump I would be more worried if I was the UFC.

Fact of the matter is that being champ in the UFC will be far more rewarding to legacy and your pocket so if you jump ship you are likely looking for an easy payday and have doubts about getting the top prize in the UFC.

I am only talking about the reality of television advertising in all industries. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

You really think a company like Viacom that can buy and sell a company like Zuffa any day of the week wouldn't maximise their available advertising revenue with their product?

Chael made this argument, but the problem here is that part of that potential revenue was what drew a person to risk their lives prize fighting in the UFC. If you take away that revenue potential, you need to replace it or face the drop of of interest in fighters wanting to fight for your company.

Chael made this argument, but the problem here is that part of that potential revenue was what drew a person to risk their lives prize fighting in the UFC. If you take away that revenue potential, you need to replace it or face the drop of of interest in fighters wanting to fight for your company.

If the UFC wants a fighter they'll keep a fighter. They just paid Conor like $20M+ for two fights.

The money is there they just don't need these fighters like they used to. They have plenty of fighters on their roster, something Sherdoggers like to complain about as well. Everyone of them is replaceable except a handful, too.

I think they also rather like when their outcasts go to other orgs and clean up. Benson has value to Bellator specifically because he is a former UFC champion, just like Tito.

If the UFC wants a fighter they'll keep a fighter. They just paid Conor like $20M+ for two fights.

The money is there they just don't need these fighters like they used to. They have plenty of fighters on their roster, something Sherdoggers like to complain about as well. Everyone of them is replaceable except a handful, too.

I think they also rather like when their outcasts go to other orgs and clean up. Benson has value to Bellator specifically because he is a former UFC champion, just like Tito.

And that's fine. If they are replaceable...ok. Let them go off and earn more money. The UFC isn't going to pay everyone Conor money. Not even all their champs Conor money. The UFC grades your pay based off of your importance in generating money and interest. Has nothing to with skill. But advertisers don't care if your a loud mouth or quiet. And a fighter like Aldo, like Benson, like pretty much 90 percent of the UFC roster can make just as much in sompsorship money because they are going to be just as visible as the next fighter inside the octagon.

So if I was a great fighter, like Aldo...but not a loud mouth like Conor...I probably make more money fighting somewhere else that allows me the freedom to generate my own sponsorship money. Is this true? Time will tell.

I do know this though, because of the fact that Bellator is there, and will pay you competitive contracts to fight but also allow you your own sponsorship income...that's going to drive up the value and price of every growing star in the UFC.

And that is fucking awesome. Overeem, can now use Bellator and their sponsorship policy as leverage when his contract runs out.

So either way...the UFC pays. And good. fuck em.

And that's fine. If they are replaceable...ok. Let them go off and earn more money. The UFC isn't going to pay everyone Conor money. Not even all their champs Conor money. The UFC grades your pay based off of your importance in generating money and interest. Has nothing to with skill. But advertisers don't care if your a loud mouth or quiet. And a fighter like Aldo, like Benson, like pretty much 90 percent of the UFC roster can make just as much in sompsorship money because they are going to be just as visible as the next fighter inside the octagon.

So if I was a great fighter, like Aldo...but not a loud mouth like Conor...I probably make more money fighting somewhere else that allows me the freedom to generate my own sponsorship money. Is this true? Time will tell.

I do know this though, because of the fact that Bellator is there, and will pay you competitive contracts to fight but also allow you your own sponsorship income...that's going to drive up the value and price of every growing star in the UFC.

And that is fucking awesome. Overeem, can now use Bellator and their sponsorship policy as leverage when his contract runs out.

So either way...the UFC pays. And good. fuck em.

This keeps coming up and it just is not true at all.

Outside sponsorship income cannot be factored into a contract dispute. That is a separate contract between the fighter and the sponsor and not guaranteed by either party.

Of course an unsigned free agent or one outside of their matching period should certainly consider the different sponsor environments when looking to sign with an organization.

This keeps coming up and it just is not true at all.

Outside sponsorship income cannot be factored into a contract dispute. That is a separate contract between the fighter and the sponsor and not guaranteed by either party.

Of course an unsigned free agent or one outside of their matching period should certainly consider the different sponsor environments when looking to sign with an organization.

It's a perk. It absolutely factors in.

The UFC can most certainly match the monetary contract offer from Bellator but that fighter is still gonna say "hrmmmm do I go with the UFC and get paid 5000 per fight from Reebok, or do I go with Bellator where I have open reign to collect my own sponsors and make 50-100k per fight?"

Geee....let me think...

The UFC can most certainly match the monetary contract offer from Bellator but that fighter is still gonna say "hrmmmm do I go with the UFC and get paid 5000 per fight from Reebok, or do I go with Bellator where I have open reign to collect my own sponsors and make 50-100k per fight?"

Geee....let me think...

It absolutely does not factor in a contract dispute as the sponsor money is not guaranteed by either party.

The fighter does not have a choice in the matching dispute. It is between the promotions only.

UFC chose not to make this a contract dispute.

One fighter left who has lost 3 of his last 6 that is hardly a bunch of top talent.

The day we see a champ or a guy about to fight the champ in his next fight jump I would be more worried if I was the UFC.

Fact of the matter is that being champ in the UFC will be far more rewarding to legacy and your pocket so if you jump ship you are likely looking for an easy payday and have doubts about getting the top prize in the UFC.

That could very well happen with Overeem.

You're not wrong, being UFC Champion is what they should all strive for it's what solidifies you as the best, but it's very possible these fighters that have been dicked over for those that got unfair title shots could care less about legacy and sport and care more about their bank account just like Dana does.

It's been suggested that Nick Diaz who hasn't won a fight in five years could fight Robbie Lawler for the title because it would sell PPVs, you can't tell me if you're Woodley or Maia that wouldn't piss you off big time.

No top talent has gone to Bellator. Silly thread.

It absolutely does not factor in a contract dispute as the sponsor money is not guaranteed by either party.

The fighter does not have a choice in the matching dispute. It is between the promotions only.

UFC chose not to make this a contract dispute.

Oh I see...no in the context of the UFC deciding to match Bendo's offer to hold him in the UFC you are correct in that it doesn't factor in.

However it was the main catalyst as to why Bendo decided to leave in the first place.

Oh I see...no in the context of the UFC deciding to match Bendo's offer to hold him in the UFC you are correct in that it doesn't factor in.

However it was the main catalyst as to why Bendo decided to leave in the first place.

If they UFC wanted to keep Bendo they would have kept him. Same thing with Josh Thompson, Overeem, and Aljo.

They have overwhelming capital at their disposal and have built in guarantees Bellator can't touch.

Of the two orgs UFC can actually guarantee money from sponsors in contract as well as health insurance and a record of solid PPV performances.

If they UFC wanted to keep Bendo they would have kept him. Same thing with Josh Thompson, Overeem, and Aljo.

They have overwhelming capital at their disposal and have built in guarantees Bellator can't touch.

Of the two orgs UFC can actually guarantee money from sponsors in contract as well as health insurance and a record of solid PPV performances.

You need to get over this reality...the fighters are currently not happy with the UFC's pay grade. Hell even Conor's talked openly and trashed on the UFC for not paying enough (granted he has delusions of grandeur)...

Bendo has actually been the champ. He's tasted the type of "champ" money the UFC is willing to throw at him. And clearly that isn't inticing enough for him to want to chase after that again. He's most likely taken a pay CUT with the reebok deal, which is why he mentions that as one of the main reasons he wanted to leave.

Guaranteed pay? A wopping guaranteed 5k? That's not even the payout of most sponsors for wearing one logo on your shorts...lol. I think it's safe to say that Bendo would have no problem guaranteeing himself more than 5k in sponsor money a fight.

While the UFC could have matched...they elected not too due to the sponsorship shit. That's directly from him. And the fact he's come out and suggested that since his departure he's gotten lots of phone calls from other fighters curious as to what his deal is and how it compares to what the ufc offered...you may see allot more names leaving or wanting to leave.

You need to get over this reality...the fighters are currently not happy with the UFC's pay grade. Hell even Conor's talked openly and trashed on the UFC for not paying enough (granted he has delusions of grandeur)...

Bendo has actually been the champ. He's tasted the type of "champ" money the UFC is willing to throw at him. And clearly that isn't inticing enough for him to want to chase after that again. He's most likely taken a pay CUT with the reebok deal, which is why he mentions that as one of the main reasons he wanted to leave.

Guaranteed pay? A wopping guaranteed 5k? That's not even the payout of most sponsors for wearing one logo on your shorts...lol. I think it's safe to say that Bendo would have no problem guaranteeing himself more than 5k in sponsor money a fight.

While the UFC could have matched...they elected not too due to the sponsorship shit. That's directly from him. And the fact he's come out and suggested that since his departure he's gotten lots of phone calls from other fighters curious as to what his deal is and how it compares to what the ufc offered...you may see allot more names leaving or wanting to leave.

UFC elected not to match because they don't mind Bellator overpaying for talent they don't want that badly.

Actually, apparently they cant, because Bellator sneak fake bonus's into the contracts that UFC have to match.

So for instance they can put in the following stipulation

+ if the gate is over $5m we will pay you 30% of the gate

Bellator never do a $5m gate, so its not an issue, but UFC do.

But they can build in these fake bonus's that basically make it impossible for UFC to match the offer.

Actually, apparently they cant, because Bellator sneak fake bonus's into the contracts that UFC have to match.

So for instance they can put in the following stipulation

+ if the gate is over $5m we will pay you 30% of the gate

Bellator never do a $5m gate, so its not an issue, but UFC do.

But they can build in these fake bonus's that basically make it impossible for UFC to match the offer.

Fortunately in this case we do not need to guess because Dana White verbatim told the press that Bellator offered more upfront money than Zuffa did.

If you want to talk about wild stipulations, Dana touted that they offered him a lot of money if he became champion again. Considering Zuffa gets to decide, completely arbitrarily, who gets a title shot and when, that is a lopsided offer.

Back