Reebok... a D-level brand for D-level athletes? Has anyone bought anything Reebok lately?

floyd-mayweather-last-fight-reebok-boxing-shoes.jpg

Damn those D-Level athletes and their Reebok!
Goofy shoes aside, PBF looks like a little kid wearing his dad's shorts here.

I used to buy Reebok shorts and stuff at discount stores but now I boycott the company after what they did to the fighters income stream
Aaaaw, that's so nice... I'm sure the fighters would be thankful to you.

I can hardly believe that anyone would base a purchasing decision on what athletes the brand sponsors. I guess I'm not in the majority but that whole notion seems so beta and unmanly to me.
The fact that you would use the phrase "so beta" or "manly" makes you that way.

The other day I saw a Reebok UFC jersey for $10 marked down from $90. Pretty good deal but I decided to pass on it because I don't want to be associated with D level athletes. I used to wear some Reebok in the past but ever since Reebok got involved with the UFC I've spent zero dollars on the brand because of the negative associations that come with it.

Every high-level sport/athlete is associated with Nike, Adidas, Under Armour etc. Even hockey/the NHL is too good for Reebok and moving to Adidas this upcoming season. Those brands are elite. Those are the brands I wear.

Has anyone purchased anything or even more Reebok since they partnered up with the UFC? I feel like this partnership did nothing for Reebok from a business perspective. Not sure if Reebok was ever cool but it sure isn't now.

Reebok has some very good shit outside of their MMA gear.
People still love Reebok and Reebok still sells very well.

floyd-mayweather-last-fight-reebok-boxing-shoes.jpg

Damn those D-Level athletes and their Reebok!

Probably paid Floyd 5 mill to wear those for his fight. While they give their ufc athletes a coupon for a one time purchase of any item for 40 percent off.

The fact that you would use the phrase "so beta" or "manly" makes you that way.

Sweetheart, that's the most overplayed comeback on the internet. "I know you are but what am I" for 2017.

The other day I saw a Reebok UFC jersey for $10 marked down from $90. Pretty good deal but I decided to pass on it because I don't want to be associated with D level athletes. I used to wear some Reebok in the past but ever since Reebok got involved with the UFC I've spent zero dollars on the brand because of the negative associations that come with it.

Every high-level sport/athlete is associated with Nike, Adidas, Under Armour etc. Even hockey/the NHL is too good for Reebok and moving to Adidas this upcoming season. Those brands are elite. Those are the brands I wear.

Has anyone purchased anything or even more Reebok since they partnered up with the UFC? I feel like this partnership did nothing for Reebok from a business perspective. Not sure if Reebok was ever cool but it sure isn't now.

Haven't bought anything from Reebok in a long time, but thinking about it, if I was manufacturing sports gear, I'd rather be selling to D level athletes (and below) than A level athletes, because there are probably 1000 D level athletes for every A level athlete. And probably 10 E level athletes for every D level athlete, etc.

The money is in selling to the masses, not to a few elite stars.

Sponsors are sponsors, who cares?
Do you drink Monster energy drinks? Is your Fastener Dynamic?

Yeah, the Reebok deal sucked for the fighters but adverts are all around us always. Ignore as usual.

:( I forgot we hate Reebok and bought a gym shoes. It's nice looking and comfortable. It was cheap too so that's good. I found out the other day that the soles get ridiculously slippery when wet, like walking on ice wtf. I'll have to buy another one for fall/winter.

I saw royston wee's reebok kit in target.

When I was in Mexico City a few months back...there was some reebok. There was also a Blockbuster Video

I can't remember the last time I saw anybody wearing Reebok, anywhere. Except UFC fighters. Designs are awful. Remember when Connor McGregor walked out with the REEBOK FIGHT KIT! on in that toe-curling unveiling? He looked like he was about ready to hop on a bike and race in the Tour de France...only he's a cage fighter. Reebok has been an absolutely clueless brand for quite a while. They peaked with the Reebok Pump. Been downhill from there. Plunger material now.

Back