Red Rising book series is GOAT. Movie in works, 4th book due in January

i like sci fi, is this a Divergent clone?

Caste based society, Chosen one as hero, love triangle, big bad overlord and a great mistery that surrounds it all?

No, not at all. Obsidians don't look very human in description. You have mythical creatures created by plastic surgeons and geneticists. Apparently this falls under a genre called "space opera".

That stories been done many times before Divergent.

Brave New World, Logan's Run, 1984, Rollerball, Hunger Games etc

I've just ordered this first book to check it out.

Keep going, and they are all Japanese plays, and shakespear.

First 1 1/2 books were amazing. the second half of the trilogy loses a step. The story becomes predictable and jumps around too much.

You didn't like the ending?

I thought It was brilliantly done.

It's hard not to like the golds. I love how they are physical freaks and geniuses.

So the "golds" are the ruling class, doesnt take a genius to figure that one out, that reminded me of the golden "perfect" people of the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie, do you think they took a dig at this book with that? it was hilarious

Is this aimed at adults or teenagers?

I'm looking for some no holds barred sci-fi / fantasy (Richard K Morgan and GRRM style)

Sounds good, my to read list is about 8 books long atm but I'll add this to my amazon list.

Is this aimed at adults or teenagers?

I'm looking for some no holds barred sci-fi / fantasy (Richard K Morgan and GRRM style)

There are alot of good sci fi sagas if you want recomendations ill give you 2:

The Cantos of Hyperion: 4 books by Dan Simmons

The Forever War series: 3 books by Joe Haldeman

Granted they are not new, matter of fact they are old and not hip, but they are excellent, the work of super talented writers

There are alot of good sci fi sagas if you want recomendations ill give you 2:

The Cantos of Hyperion: 4 books by Dan Simmons

The Forever War series: 3 books by Joe Haldeman

Granted they are not new, matter of fact they are old and not hip, but they are excellent, the work of super talented writers

Old is no problem. Thanks Sherbro.

I LOVED these books. Read through them 3 times and the audio books twice. Really excited for the 4th book to come out. They wrapped up a lot of things nicely in the 3rd book, but there is quite a bit of unfinished business with whats looming in the Outer Rim, loyalists fleeing to Venus, the Obsidians are an unknown when they let the devil off the chain, and Lysander is a big "?" on what direction he will follow. He could easily go either way. I don't think we've seen the last of the Boneriders either since Tactus's older brother escaped the events of the final assault.

As for the movie, I would rather them do something on HBO/Showtime with the GoT treatment. There is just so much story that I think they would have to cut a lot to squeeze into 3 or 4 movies. The last book easily has enough content to break into 2 movies if they split it after the battle on the southern pole of Mars when they introduce Sefi.
Fuck, Ragnar dying was a shot in the feelz

Also, as cast goes I don't have a bunch of people I would like to see, with the exception of Adrius. Daniel Radcliff is fucking The Jackel. Darrow really needs to be a new face, as this role is going to turn this person into the character, just like Jennifer Lawrence is Katniss. The role needs a relative unknown. I don't want Chris Hemsworth running around Thor smashing everything to bits.

series is pretty good, about as far into young adult as i'm willing to stray.

i really liked darrow's little weird friend sevro au barca and his howlers.

already ordered the 3 books, alongside i got the pdf as well, i create my own audiobooks so ill start them once i receive the books

already ordered the 3 books, alongside i got the pdf as well, i create my own audiobooks so ill start them once i receive the books

Does the software just read the text in a robot voice when you create an audio file?

I loved the audio books narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds. The Reds(low color) speak with a Scottish accent. They explain in the book that Reds are a labor class, and before the color caste system was put in place they pulled migrant workers after one of the world wars from Scottlad, the Golds(high color) speak in a formal high lingo. Blues speak in a very robotic tone. The Narroator does a really great job with the story and all of the different characters.

Does the software just read the text in a robot voice when you create an audio file?

I loved the audio books narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds. The Reds(low color) speak with a Scottish accent. They explain in the book that Reds are a labor class, and before the color caste system was put in place they pulled migrant workers after one of the world wars from Scottlad, the Golds(high color) speak in a formal high lingo. Blues speak in a very robotic tone. The Narroator does a really great job with the story and all of the different characters.

i have many different voices, from different companies, i just pick the one that goes better with the pace of the story

Bought it for my flight home from Houston.

It hooked me in.

Good call TS, I'm not calling it GOAT tier but it's been good so far.

already up to half through the first book, this is great sci-fi, well written and developed, hard to come by these days

already up to half through the first book, this is great sci-fi, well written and developed, hard to come by these days

I first one is great, but the scope is pretty small as Darrow is just navigating his way through the Institute. The scope is blown wide open in the second book and the whole solar system is on the play field.

Without giving away any spoilers for the first book, pay attention to Tactus and Antonia. They are periphery characters in the first book that don't get much attention when compared to some of the other characters. Starting in the second book they have a lot bigger roles.

Just bought the first book. Better be good TS.

I first one is great, but the scope is pretty small as Darrow is just navigating his way through the Institute. The scope is blown wide open in the second book and the whole solar system is on the play field.

Without giving away any spoilers for the first book, pay attention to Tactus and Antonia. They are periphery characters in the first book that don't get much attention when compared to some of the other characters. Starting in the second book they have a lot bigger roles.

well, its silly but im a big Harry Potter fan since i was a kid so when Darrow gets to the Institute and they have Hogwarts sort of like houses within the Insitute i felt right at home

Back