Red Hot Chili Peppers

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone else a fan? Love Blood Sugar Sex Magik, love popping that CD in and listening to it front to back.

I like the earlier stuff. The later stuff is kind of hit or miss for me.

Seen them live back in November of 2011 and they pretty great live. I've been a fan since By the Way came out as it was one of the first album's I ever bought.

Anything pre-BSSM I like. I grew up on Freaky Styley and Uplift. Good times.

Dani California
Monarchy of Roses
The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie

^ Good songs I never would have sought out based solely on their names.

Loved blood sugar when it came out.
I actually think frusciante is a brilliant guitar player.
Since then, they have been hit and miss but they always seem to produce at least one or two decent choons from a album..

Huge fan since 2001, when I was a freshman in highschool. Loved BSSM and the stuff before more, but still loved one hot minute on. Thought Stadium Arcadium was incredible. Probably went through each of those discs 100 times each, at least. Listened to I'm With You maybe twice, and it lacked the soul of RHCP, same with the newer album.

I came to the conclusion that after John Frusciante left, most of the coherent nature of the band left too. I've become more a fan of his work since 2011. It's really odd, experimental, and I can tell he does not give a fuck about the commercial success of his works.

I was never a very big Red Hot Chili Peppers fan (especially not Blood Sugar Sex Magik). The Funk aspects of their work never really did it for me, but there were a few good songs here and there. This is easily my favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers song...

Honorable mention "Higher Ground." It makes me think back to junior high:

Their newer stuff is kind of generic and boring to me. Kind of lost their edge after Frusciante left the first time imo.

REALLY hit or miss band for me

Fortune Faded has a very uncharacteristic sound for the Peppers but it is really replayable.

I dont like Anthony Keitis, but the band was talanted

Huge fan since 2001, when I was a freshman in highschool. Loved BSSM and the stuff before more, but still loved one hot minute on. Thought Stadium Arcadium was incredible. Probably went through each of those discs 100 times each, at least. Listened to I'm With You maybe twice, and it lacked the soul of RHCP, same with the newer album.

I came to the conclusion that after John Frusciante left, most of the coherent nature of the band left too. I've become more a fan of his work since 2011. It's really odd, experimental, and I can tell he does not give a fuck about the commercial success of his works.

My man with the Hillel Slovak username. That's pretty sweet. He was a good player, sad story.

I like early RHCP, but a lot of the funk rock started to blend together. They had insane energy, though.

Other than the real early stuff, they've got some good melodies. Dosed is a pretty decent song. The chorus is the best example of what Kiedis can do vocally.

Their Kurt Cobain tribute ain't too bad either

Of all the bands who I've loved in my life,I don't think a band has fallen so much in my eyes,unlike every other band I was nuts about as a kid or young adult,I don't recall ever looking for RHCP stuff,to reminisce about "the good old days"

Back