Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

They did the same thing for GTA V. I imagine we'll see RDR2 PC announced in mid 2018 or so. GTA V has sold close to 6 million copies on Steam alone. A PC version will be coming.

I don't know about that. Red Dead Redemption is only available just now on PC, through Playstation Now. I think Rockstar treats both franchises differently when it comes to PC for some starnge reason.

Treats it differently? You can't compare a 20 year franchise to one game. Like I posted in the other thread, strong rumors have been around for a long time that development for RDR was very messy, the game code wasn't in good shape and we're kind of lucky the game even shipped at all. The PC gaming userbase has grown immensely since RDR released over six years ago and Rockstar has gotten a lot better porting their games to PC as evidenced by the phenomenal versions of Max Payne 3 and GTA V. All studios and publishers would kill to sell close to 6 million mosty digital copies of a PC port.

I'll eat all the crow you can serve if RDR2 doesn't come out on PC.

looks beautiful but showed absolutely nothing. i have no idea what its about.

Treats it differently? You can't compare a 20 year franchise to one game.

You can certainly find it a little odd that the PC friendly developer Rockstar, never released one of their now flagship franchises onto PC, despite great demand for it. I just find it weird, that's all. It's not like they never had time to fix whatever was holding it back from being ported.

Hype level....

tumblr_ls9livZf8o1qf0vfho1_500.gif

PlayStation gets first access to certain Red Dead Online content. Much like the partnership they have with Destiny to get certain content first. Red Dead Online will be what GTA Online is to GTA V.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm extremely underwhelmed by the trailer. The graphics don't look like anything special and overall the map looks like the same type of "hole" we were stuck in in the first game. (By hole I mean if you go around the complete perimeter of the map, it's basically a giant wall that you can't get past. Although the map was big, to me, it still felt like I was trapped in a giant hole.) Let's just hope this one is much, MUCH bigger than the first and offers significantly more stuff to do.

Btw, I'm comparing the graphics to Battlefront (amazing graphical environments) and this game doesn't look anywhere near as good as that. These graphics are more comparable to the 2010 graphics of the first game.
<35>

That being said...... will still buy.

My duster is ready!! For a teaser that looks amazing.

To be honest RDR still looks pretty damn good to me graphically. A beautiful game.

Now this trailer didnt show much storywise but we will get more until it's released. I'm 99% sure we will play a member (or more likely even various members) of the Dutch gang. What I do wonder is if the main character will be someone other than John Marston and how many characters will be playable. All 7 of the gang would be interesting but could be a bit too much. We'll see. I'm hyped as fuck.

Since there were rumors of a prequel it looks to be Dutch's gang. John Marston was part of it, and he was a strong protagonist, while the other ones are known, so I'm guessing it's 1 player control, which is John.

The gang was Dutch, Escuela, Williamson, John, Abigail, Nastas and a few others. John killed them all so the last one is probably one of those. They could use Nastas for a Indian connection, or even maybe switch to him for those missions kinda like they did in Revolver or GUN. Looks cool as hell. The sad shit is you know how that story ends.

The random things you could do in that game were hilarious. I'd always play the sore loser. Beat me in poker? Dead. Beat me in knifey-stabby? Dead. Beat me in Horseshoes? Lassoed to my horse, and dragged around town as an example of what happens when you beat me.

I beat the game 100% killing zero innocents, if I accidently road over someone I'd load my last save. I got the dastardly acheivement with a women who robbed me so all good there. Can't wait for this

one of my most enjoyed games in recent memory, also rockstar always delivers so they will have my money

Btw, I'm comparing the graphics to Battlefront (amazing graphical environments) and this game doesn't look anywhere near as good as that.

{<huh}

it's an open world rock star game.

I'm surprised nobody's gone into water travel finally, based on the trailer. RDR had that little ass river but it was a bitch getting across, especially when people could pick you off from across it in multiplayer.

I spent a damn lot of hours just hunting all over the map in RDR. This game will be the shit.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm extremely underwhelmed by the trailer. The graphics don't look like anything special and overall the map looks like the same type of "hole" we were stuck in in the first game. (By hole I mean if you go around the complete perimeter of the map, it's basically a giant wall that you can't get past. Although the map was big, to me, it still felt like I was trapped in a giant hole.) Let's just hope this one is much, MUCH bigger than the first and offers significantly more stuff to do.

Btw, I'm comparing the graphics to Battlefront (amazing graphical environments) and this game doesn't look anywhere near as good as that. These graphics are more comparable to the 2010 graphics of the first game.
<35>

That being said...... will still buy.

You can't compare first person shooters to sandbox open worlds. The graphics (what we saw of them) look as good as we've seen in a console open world. Makes sense as GTA V was built to be compatible with last gen, this one isn't.

Remember the current consoles are very underpowered when it comes to graphics. Top of the line computers can run 4K 60 fps, if the triple A games were made with that kind of power (instead of mid level 2012 computer specs) then you would see a big difference between it and red dead 1.

You can't compare first person shooters to sandbox open worlds. The graphics (what we saw of them) look as good as we've seen in a console open world. Makes sense as GTA V was built to be compatible with last gen, this one isn't.

Remember the current consoles are very underpowered when it comes to graphics. Top of the line computers can run 4K 60 fps, if the triple A games were made with that kind of power (instead of mid level 2012 computer specs) then you would see a big difference between it and red dead 1.

I remember being able to play Battlefront as a third person shooter, but the maps are definitely only a fraction of the size of a GTA or RDR. Is it not possible for a map the size of GTA or RDR to have the same level of graphics as a Battlefront map? I wonder when that will be possible for consoles?

I seem to notice the biggest problems games have with getting things graphically looking really good are trees/leaves/grass/foliage and hair.

as dumb as it sounds, I would love to see the addition to be able to build a camp and fire anywhere on the map. I know you could do that in the first game, but they were just for save points.

Imagine how good it would be to set up camp for the night in some secluded spot, do a little hunting and chill.

I'm hoping that with the ability to ride canoes (based of the trailer, no real evidence of this yet) you can fish.

as dumb as it sounds, I would love to see the addition to be able to build a camp and fire anywhere on the map. I know you could do that in the first game, but they were just for save points.

Imagine how good it would be to set up camp for the night in some secluded spot, do a little hunting and chill.

I'm hoping that with the ability to ride canoes (based of the trailer, no real evidence of this yet) you can fish.

I definitely agree. It would be awesome. That's actually what I was hoping for for the first game. I'd love to be able to pitch a tent, make a campfire and general camp, and then be able to go for a hunt or generally just explore around my camp before returning to spend the night.

Back