No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Finally watched the gameplay trailer on my 4k tv instead of my phone and holy fuck those graphics. And that's just streaming video

Rumor has it the map includes the entirety of RDR1 and a whole lot more.

Newer impressions:
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...=rdr2previews-10052018&utm_content=quotes-img

Rockstar has pioneered the open-world genre for decades, and with Red Dead Redemption 2, they’ve outdone themselves.”- Game Informer

"The graphics themselves are beautiful. Little touches abound, like the snow sticking to Arthur’s jacket before slowly melting, or blood from enemies rubbing off onto your avatar’s body if you carry their corpses around. And if those details don’t floor you, the lighting and animation surely will." - IGN

“It's abundantly clear that Rockstar has achieved something remarkable - true immersion, to make the player belong in a certain space, to make the illusion of an additional reality so convincing that you find yourself missing the characters when you aren't playing, that your own movements start to feel alien and Arthur's normal.” - Gamereactor

Three weeks!

Not long now. The only thing that's slightly bugging me is the frame rate for this game will be locked at 30fps. Even on the pro.

I've not had a console for years so it's gonna take some getting used to.

im singing to kids and playing harmonica and guitar in LOL. i only need to troll for another 21 days

Damn, son...over 1,000 voice actors for NPCs.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/06/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-xbox-1000-voice-actors/

"each NPC will have a distinct personality and mood state, which is perhaps why it brought on so many different voice talents."
That's incredible, when you think on it; another bar-raiser to watch for. It never ceases to amaze upon beating a game, seeing the credits just roll and roll, name after name. Juggernaut of an industry it's become.

I'm finding a range of 70-80€ on any special-edition preorder, with some jokers reckoning 90 was a good idea, ha. Outlawry doesn't come cheap...

just pre-ordered the special edition for PS4

Beloved VG Community,

I went ahead and stickied this bad boy for you all to use for pre- and post-release topical discussion and debate as well as general buzz or thoughts.

E, I want to tip my hat to you as TS and say I modified your original thread title accordingly. If you would like the release date included (26 October 2018) or another change made, please let me know and I'll oblige. This is your baby – no two ways about it.

You can also beef up OP if you like with trailer updates, articles, images, or your own text to accommodate the discussion's new trajectory and wider scope. PM me for any aid to this end.

Enjoy, all. Though unfamiliar with the original, I'll be picking this one up myself; it looks too good to pass up.

<LucyBless>

@Eazy123

Not familiar with the first one? It’s never too late to play a classic and it still holds up.

There’s something amazing about just riding your horse through the desert that never seemed to get old.

Seriously, I bet you can get it cheap

Not familiar with the first one? It’s never too late to play a classic and it still holds up.

There’s something amazing about just riding your horse through the desert that never seemed to get old.

Seriously, I bet you can get it cheap
Appreciate the nudge. I feel like I'm getting RNC'ed by my backlog as it is; a classic is a special thing though, you're right.

I think Rockstar may have taking too long to release a sequel so the hype has kind of died down. But I don't give a damn. I'm getting it the night of.

See I think differently here I think the long lay off from the first one till now is great at least I’m demanding them to destroy the first one like I would be if this was done with in say two years of the first one being released I feel this one will be polished and truly a killer from the get go and not a rushed piece of shit wash rinse repeat like your avg call of duty game

Ive always wanted to play the original, even was going to buy it a week after it cameout but life got in the way. Someone spoiled the ending so I never really got it, but man RDR2 looks amazing to me, I may just get it, then buy a switch during black friday or something for Zelda.

I have been waiting for this game for 8 years since the original, the next 2 week's are going to feel like another 8 years.

The whole game is supposedly total immersion. Choose to greet or antagonize any npc, fishing, every building is accessible to search.

Dead eye now features highlights of vital organs, so if you wanna take a bounty alive you know where to shoot him without killing.

Once I'm done with the tutorial prologue I'm just gonna get on my horse and roam, explore the map with no HUD on.

Booked 3 days off work months in advance, I'm fiending like a drug addict lol

Preordered on xbox last night. Very excite.
giphy.gif

I have been waiting for this game for 8 years since the original, the next 2 week's are going to feel like another 8 years.

The whole game is supposedly total immersion. Choose to greet or antagonize any npc, fishing, every building is accessible to search.

Dead eye now features highlights of vital organs, so if you wanna take a bounty alive you know where to shoot him without killing.

Once I'm done with the tutorial prologue I'm just gonna get on my horse and roam, explore the map with no HUD on.

Booked 3 days off work months in advance, I'm fiending like a drug addict lol
Gotta love it when a game can get you to that level of anticipation. I’m nearly there too. Haven’t been that way since GTA V

Rockstar released a few new screenshots today

61bc508dc368c053780d76d8e7a86d50.jpg

63fb5aa8c7c2467415ea01152a20733a.jpg

8acb5fb5966325057b209d091413a70b.jpg

Back