red blue divide in takeup of electric vehicles

curryjunkie

mixed marital arts...
@Silver
Reaction score
im curious if this is because of states being lobbied by oil companies, or whether its just a natural suspicion of anything "green"
if you can get the equivalent 120 mpg in an electric car, with range extenders, distance is not really an issue any more.
the initial cost is higher, but surely lower maintenance bills and less fuel bills is a no brainer
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/electric-cars-another-red-state-blue-state-divide/

I would drive an electric car if it was economical for me. The caveat being I actually don't worry about what others think of me.

I would drive an electric car if it was economical for me. The caveat being I actually don't worry about what others think of me.
it would depend on how many miles a year you did, but its at least a third of the running costs to drive electric, less if you plug in at work
at least two manufacturers are USA owned, so that shouldnt be an issue.

Ride a hybrid across Mississippi and see the looks you get. This is definitely a blue/red thing. I've seen it first hand. Especially if you are male. A gal may be able to pull it off but in my neck of the woods huge pick-ups are the rule for guys, whether they use the truck bed or not.

The maintenance costs for electric cars are ludicrously low.

But you're a mamby pamby in rural America unless you have a big truck, a pride in your lack of knowledge, and a dong that acts like a shy groundhog when you stand up from your lazy boy.

The maintenance costs for electric cars are ludicrously low.

But you're a mamby pamby in rural America unless you have a big truck, a pride in your lack of knowledge, and a dong that acts like a shy groundhog when you stand up from your lazy boy.
it should be seriously considered as a second car in that case, they can buy more camoflage outfits with the money they save.

I'd get an electric car if I could fit in any of the more affordable ones and if I didn't need a truck to haul shit around for roadtrips and going hunting.

Can't exactly drive a Tesla up a muddy old logging road to go deer hunting or use it to drive up same old logging roads to go shooting in a gravel pit on weekends.

194piyx3nt4fggif.gif

I drive one of these, because Al Gore made up Global Warming, at Soro's behalf.

im curious if this is because of states being lobbied by oil companies, or whether its just a natural suspicion of anything "green"
if you can get the equivalent 120 mpg in an electric car, with range extenders, distance is not really an issue any more.
the initial cost is higher, but surely lower maintenance bills and less fuel bills is a no brainer
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/electric-cars-another-red-state-blue-state-divide/

Did you read the article? Liberals are happy to use other people's money to fund tax credits and grants to promote a technology that isn't otherwise valuable enough to persuade customers to buy it or for companies to accommodate it (with charging stations). Liberal states spend more to promote electric vehicles than red states do.

Even if you get range to be several hundreds of miles, electric vehicles aren't suitable for road trips because of the recharging time. That means most families wont buy an electric vehicle to be their only / primary vehicle.

Also, electric vehicles typically aren't capable of the same acceleration as their ICE counterparts (Teslas are the exception here). In some places, a slowly accelerating vehicle is a danger to the occupants and those nearby. Regardless of the danger issue, the inability to merge quickly costs people in slow vehicles, by prolonging their commutes.

Regarding maintenance, not every shop is prepared to service electric vehicles. This makes maintenance more difficult, and can make it more costly as well. A friend of mine recently had to have their Tesla towed hundreds of miles because they tried to make a point about taking an electric car on a road trip. It broke down on them hundreds of miles from home, and none of the nearby shops wanted to work on that car. That maintenance cost them plenty of money, and time, and ruined their vacation.

I'm seriously considering an electric car as my next purchase. I love the "cheap" Tesla and I think it gets like 240 miles per charge, which is nuts.

Anyway, given the left tends to care more about climate change, environmental issues, supports alternative energy and burning less fossil fuels I would not be shocked at all if liberals make up a huge percentage of electric car owners.

There is one thing that scares the shit out of me about electric cars and it's what happened when Hammond crashed that Croatian made hyper car. If Clarkson and Co can be believed the thing was STILL catching fire from the batteries weeks later.

I'm seriously considering an electric car as my next purchase. I love the "cheap" Tesla and I think it gets like 240 miles per charge, which is nuts.

Anyway, given the left tends to care more about climate change, environmental issues, supports alternative energy and burning less fossil fuels I would not be shocked at all if liberals make up a huge percentage of electric car owners.

As am I. I'm thinking about getting that 35K model. I'm getting it 1) Because Tesla's are super fun to drive and look cool. 2) Save money on gas - thousands per year. 3)Save money on maintenance.

I don't really care about the green aspect of it from a global warming standpoint and I'm a liberal

it would depend on how many miles a year you did, but its at least a third of the running costs to drive electric, less if you plug in at work
at least two manufacturers are USA owned, so that shouldnt be an issue.
I needed a larger car, and ended up getting an Accord. But there wasn't any electric or hybrid, in that size car, in my price range. If the Accord hybrid was the same price as the regular, I would have popped on it.

As am I. I'm thinking about getting that 35K model. I'm getting it 1) Because Tesla's are super fun to drive and look cool. 2) Save money on gas - thousands per year. 3)Save money on maintenance
Same. Have you driven one? I read they fucking awesome and handle like luxury cars.

Liberals like to pretend they are Al Gore because they drive a prius.

Same. Have you driven one? I read they fucking awesome and handle like luxury cars.

Ya my uncle has the model X. and it takes some getting used to. It's really bizarre how you don't even have to start the car. If the keyfab is present it just goes. The thing is fast as hell and handles much like a luxury car

I live in a small city where everything is only a 10 minute drive from itself. My vehicle has a 3.8 liter V6 and I only need to fill my tank about once every 3 or 4 weeks. For the price I would pay up front for an electric car wouldn't really be necessarily for how little miles I travel.

I an looking at getting an enduro or dual sport motorcycle this spring. I guess that will cut down my carbon footprint a bit.

Back