Recovery froms stitches/surgery

Urban

Savage Mystic
@Gold
Reaction score
Had some minor surgery on my hand the other day, they removed a tumor from my left palm that was about the size of a marble (took me three years to grow that mother fucker), and as a result I have 10 stitches and a "no-exercising until further notice" standing order from the doc. how can I speed recovery from this? traumeel? neosporin? DMSO?

As it stands, i'm changing out the dressing every 24 hours and keeping it clean and wrapped. got any voodoo witch doctor health food store cures for me to help speed things up?

traumeel has done me well for stitched wounds... I usually take a few of the pills, as well as the cream on the wound

Had some minor surgery on my hand the other day, they removed a tumor from my left palm that was about the size of a marble (took me three years to grow that mother fucker), and as a result I have 10 stitches and a "no-exercising until further notice" standing order from the doc. how can I speed recovery from this? traumeel? neosporin? DMSO?

As it stands, i'm changing out the dressing every 24 hours and keeping it clean and wrapped. got any voodoo witch doctor health food store cures for me to help speed things up?

The wound is finished healing when the stitches dissolve...
other than that..... this works like magic...

Collasate Gel

things i've used....

warm salt water flush..
iodine
mineral gel.

Vitamin C w/ bioflavinoids enhances collagen formation and repair.

I had a benign myxoid neurofribroma removed from my left hand when I was 21. I ended up finding some "missed" stitches about 4 years later. Amateur bathroom surgery = not a lot of fun.

Vitamin C w/ bioflavinoids enhances collagen formation and repair.

I had a benign myxoid neurofribroma removed from my left hand when I was 21. I ended up finding some "missed" stitches about 4 years later. Amateur bathroom surgery = not a lot of fun.

so I should eat oranges? or is there a pill/gel you recommend? Did you really have somebody remove it in home?

so I should eat oranges? or is there a pill/gel you recommend? Did you really have somebody remove it in home?

You can probably just supplement with regular vitamin C; I remember reading about this ages ago, it could have even been from L. Pauling's work.

Yeah I had someone remove the rogue stitches at home---me. A sharp knife with a fine point, a needle, and some rubbing alcohol were the tools on hand.

I had the stitches taken out at the physician's office, but some were missed, and healed over. Eventually they work their way to the surface. It's actually the second time it's happened; the first time, I crushed my 2nd and 3rd fingers while working on a remote oil rig, and had a doc attempt to stitch them back together. Some of the stitches were deep, and I waited too long to get them out, and ended up finding a couple a year later.

Vitamin C definitely- post skin graft (both times) it has done wonders for both the donor site skin regeneration and for the skin graft maturity.

Fish Oil, a multi and greens+ are the only other things I take right now. I think the Fish oil has helped too with the skin, but since you're not recovering from skin grafts, i wouldn't worry.

You can probably just supplement with regular vitamin C; I remember reading about this ages ago, it could have even been from L. Pauling's work.

Yeah I had someone remove the rogue stitches at home---me. A sharp knife with a fine point, a needle, and some rubbing alcohol were the tools on hand.

I had the stitches taken out at the physician's office, but some were missed, and healed over. Eventually they work their way to the surface. It's actually the second time it's happened; the first time, I crushed my 2nd and 3rd fingers while working on a remote oil rig, and had a doc attempt to stitch them back together. Some of the stitches were deep, and I waited too long to get them out, and ended up finding a couple a year later.

I thought you meant you removed the myxoid neurofribroma and stitched yourself up at home. HA! that's TOTALLY different. I've actually never had stitches removed at the doctor's office before, both times I've gotten stitches the removal has been in a bathroom at home.

Alright, I'm going to the health food store.

I've heard good things about cissus. I think DEVILsSON has used it.

From what I hear, Apple Cider Vineagar cures everything.

Hey, the crazy guy at the healthfood store (every healthfood store should have one of these) said I could use honey instead of neosporin. I've heard of this before actually (on Good Eats), but never done any research on it... any thoughts?

and I couldn't find collasate gel anywhere.

I know the studies that have been done on honey use specific types of honey. Not the normal golden bear type stuff. Don't know exactly what type though, I think it comes from New Zealand? I remember seeing something on TV about a guy studying honey and found that a specific type had healing properties while normal honey didn't.

I had no idea you used to be a roughneck, Mike. How long ago was that?

I had no idea you used to be a roughneck, Mike. How long ago was that?

Roughneck? Ha! How do you know I wasn't a motorman, or derrickhand? LOL. Yeah, I was a roughneck. I was just a punk-assed 19 year old at the time who thought he was tough.

Shittiest and hardest job I ever had, and I worked with some of the worst people ever in the worst conditions in northern Saskatechwan. It was minus fucking 60 Celcius one week. That's fucking cold. I was stuck with this late-30's derrickhand that looked to be in his late 60's, and smelled like he died 5 years earlier. Nasty.

It was a single drilling rig for a small private company. We were pulling out and putting in so godamn much it made me sick; that's what truly sucks about working a single. Guys I knew that worked on triples made it sound like a vacation.

Looking back, though, I learned a helluva lot about myself, and it pretty much cemented my decision to go back to school.

LOL, I love it man. I worked my way up from a roughneck to a driller, now I'm a directional driller. You're not the first person that's told me that working a rig made them decide to go back to school, but my first day I knew I'd found where I belonged:D Anyway, sorry for the thread-jacking Urban. Hope your hand heals up well.

I don't have much to add other than good luck on your recovery and my response to this:

It was minus fucking 60 Celcius one week. That's fucking cold.

FUCK that! I hate the cold. That's why I've liked living in Texas and Hawaii and am considering moving to Florida whenver I graduate in another year or so.

Back