Record for least sig strikes in 5 round fight that went the distance.

Bader vs OSP I think had the fewest combined significant strikes in a five round fight that went the distance with 48. I didn't see any lower.

Wow, but at least there was grappling in that fight.

can't believe this fight had way less sig strikes than woodley wonderboy 2

I think the UFC has to set up Maia vs Wonderboy as a main event to see if those guys can break this record. Till vs Woodley is a real possibility, can't wait to see who's gonna stare harder.

Maia v. Wonderboy would be a fun fight stylistically. Maia either rapes him on the ground or Wonderboy has his way on the feet as he wouldn't be afraid of Maia's striking.

Maia v. Wonderboy would be a fun fight stylistically. Maia either rapes him on the ground or Wonderboy has his way on the feet as he wouldn't be afraid of Maia's striking.

If Maia finally gets a full camp, i might pick him.

That fight was offensive.

They both should be suspended by the athletic commission for boredom.

Till won, but Diaz vs Condit had probably 2 significant strikes all bout.

I'm shocked that Anderson vs. Maia isn't even in the top 5! That was so bad the UFC hasn't returned to the Middle East!

Somebody check Monson vs Tim Sylvia. It was a boring fight and in round 5 the ref has to give them both warnings for inactivity

As mentioned above, Maia/Shields (59).

Others that went under 68:

Henderson/Thomson (65)
Machida/Mousasi (64)
GSP/Hardy (63)
Sylvia/Monson (61)
Maia/LaFlare (61)
Johnson/Elliott (52)

And the lowest I've found is... Bader/St.Preux (48).
I misread and thought it was title fight. So is Sylvia vs Monson the record for low in title fight?

Yesterday is near the top... but could you imagine Tito vs Machida or Starnes vs Nate The Rock being 5 rounds.. :eek:

Yesterday is near the top... but could you imagine Tito vs Machida or Starnes vs Nate The Rock being 5 rounds.. :eek:
I did look up Quarry/Starnes to see what that was. Was surprised that it was 96 (84/12) over the three rounds.

I was laughing at the fantasy that the british commentator was spinning, that Till was landing some serious strikes and actually winning the fight going into the 5th. I mean, Thompson's output was anemic, but at least he landed some good straights in every round. Till had a few weak jabs and flicking lead leg kicks that fell short, landing with the toes..

Why not look at total strikes, that was just as bad

33 significant strikes

903659333fc289c5a26b120e37288896.png

Back