Record for least sig strikes in 5 round fight that went the distance.

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Was that record set last night?

This has to be a record, right?

107 sig strikes total between Woodley and Thompson II

85 sig strikes total between Maia and Woodley.

71 dog strikes between Silva and Maia

68 total between till and wonderboy

*edit* a superior list from BobsyaUncle has surfaced. Till and wonderboy are in good company!

As mentioned above, Maia/Shields (59).

Others that went under 68:

Henderson/Thomson (65)
Machida/Mousasi (64)
GSP/Hardy (63)
Sylvia/Monson (61)
Maia/LaFlare (61)
Johnson/Elliott (52)

And the lowest I've found is... Bader/St.Preux (48).

I'd argue till and wonderboy are worse than those fights in terms of inactivity, because all of those fights above had other action, such as grappling.

Last edited:
It was a complete shutdown, The Schaub style.

I need to watch the fight again, because with the significant strikes that did connect (of which there weren't many), it seemed Thompson had more of them.

I guess with all things being equal (more or less), there is weight given to "Octagon control," And Till definitely controlled the geography of the fight.

Nah I may be wrong but I think it's maia woodley

1 signifcant strike and Wonderboy was licking the canvas.

Conor vs. Aldo was a 5 round match.

Maia/Woodley was title fight record. Not overall record.

I'm very curious to see if a fight that has gone all five rounds has less than 65 significant strikes (the amount in the Till wonderboy fight).

That was to be expected, everyone knew it was going to be boring, just watch Thompson's last 4 fights.

Oh and Till won.

I need to watch the fight again, because with the significant strikes that did connect (of which there weren't many), it seemed Thompson had more of them.

I guess with all things being equal (more or less), there is weight given to "Octagon control," And Till definitely controlled the geography of the fight.

Why the fck would you put yourself through another 25 mins of that shit. wonderboy landed cleaner, Till controlled the octagon, neither guy deserved to win

I think the UFC has to set up Maia vs Wonderboy as a main event to see if those guys can break this record. Till vs Woodley is a real possibility, can't wait to see who's gonna stare harder.

85 sig strikes total between Maia and Woodley.

68 total between till and wonderboy
lol then, how does a wrestler and jiu jitsu guy land more sig strikes then one of the best strikers in ufc history and till

lol then, how does a wrestler and jiu jitsu guy land more sig strikes then one of the best strikers in ufc history and till

Maybe the karate guys are harder to hit than wrestlers and BJJ guys, and the consequences of missing are much greater?

Woodley/Thompson 2 felt less active, I'm surprised by that stat.

Back