Recommendations for a new Weightlifting Belt.

KnightTemplar

Green(Goblin)Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
My old RDX Lever Belt finally gave up the ghost. I need a new belt for Squats and Deadlifts, and I could of course just buy another RDX belt. But I'm curious as to what you guys would recommend.

Thanks.

The 4 inch 13mm double suede lever belt I got from Pioneer is one of my favorite gym related purchases. It was kinda pricey at $170, but I'd buy one again without a doubt. Liked it so much I also bought the 3 inch version because I thought it might be more comfortable for deadlift. Bigger version felt fine though so the 3 inch sits there unused. They have customization options, but I went with this because it ships fast. Well made in Texas and very comfortable.

Pioneer-Embroidered-Logo-V2-PAL-Stock-Lever-Belt-Back.png

The 4 inch 13mm double suede lever belt I got from Pioneer is one of my favorite gym related purchases. It was kinda pricey at $170, but I'd buy one again without a doubt. Liked it so much I also bought the 3 inch version because I thought it might be more comfortable for deadlift. Bigger version felt fine though so the 3 inch sits there unused. They have customization options, but I went with this because it ships fast. Well made in Texas and very comfortable.

+1 for Pioneer. I got one of the basic ones and it's all I need and more. Only reason I'm looking at a new one is because I lost a bunch of weight and I've now got it as tight as it can possibly go.

+1 to this belt. I have the same one but without suede on the outside:

The lever is bulletproof and overall build quality is amazing. Pioneer offers a lifetime guarantee but I think you'd be hard pressed to ever have to use it.

A follow up question: Lever vs Prongs?

A follow up question: Lever vs Prongs?

Both work and it's personal preference. But as a guy who used to have a leather prong belt many years ago, I absolutely love my pioneer lever belt and think it's the best of both worlds. You can adjust in 1/2" increments (total 1 inch in either direction) without even having to take the belt off, and it's super quick to latch and unlatch. Not even the $280 SBD lever belt can do that (although granted it looks awesome).

And depending how stiff the leather is, a prong belt will require a little more breaking in.

Both work and it's personal preference. But as a guy who used to have a leather prong belt many years ago, I absolutely love my pioneer lever belt and think it's the best of both worlds. You can adjust in 1/2" increments (total 1 inch in either direction) without even having to take the belt off, and it's super quick to latch and unlatch. Not even the $280 SBD lever belt can do that (although granted it looks awesome).

And depending how stiff the leather is, a prong belt will require a little more breaking in.
Biggest benefit for me is the convenience of unlatching it between sets. Putting on and taking off my previous prong belt was somewhat of a pain in the ass compared to just flicking the lever. Also, the snapping the lever after a good lift is oddly satisfying.

Biggest benefit for me is the convenience of unlatching it between sets. Putting on and taking off my previous prong belt was somewhat of a pain in the ass compared to just flicking the lever. Also, the snapping the lever after a good lift is oddly satisfying.

Yup agree with all of this. I remember cinching up my prong belt was a PITA and then to take it off, you had to momentarily cinch it even tighter. This lever is much easier and you can just unlatch it between sets and it still stays around your waist.

Lever is easier to use than prong. SBD is legit but it's like a 300 dollar buy. I am also not sure how the new SBD belts are like. I got their new knee sleeves and they are kinda trash vs the original ones.

I got my used SBD-belt yesterday, it's a little banged up from the original owner using it for strongman training, but some scratches don't matter much to me. The build quality and leather are amazing, I'll probably have this thing forever. Absolute unit.

For your needs, I don't think there's any need to go beyond a good quality brand of 10 mm single prong belt.

Choose whatever high quality brand is easily available on your side of the Atlantic.

Lever is easier to use than prong. SBD is legit but it's like a 300 dollar buy. I am also not sure how the new SBD belts are like. I got their new knee sleeves and they are kinda trash vs the original ones.
I had a lever belt and switch back to a single prong.

I've seen levers fail during lifts. Single prongs can't fail.

Also, the lore that single prong belts are "hard" to use in any capacity to is vastly overinflated internet lore. I never even considered that when switching back to a prong belt from a lever. Total non-issue.

Back