Recommend some new boxing gloves

clarky75

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been boxing for 3-4 years but had to take some time off due to some severe knuckle bruising and soreness.

I am looking for some protective gloves for my knuckles mostly, I cant justify the cost of the Winning's at this point.

The options I was looking at

Ring to Cage C17 2
UMA RT41
Hayabusa Tokushu Regenesis

Which of these would offer the most knuckle protection? Most of the boxing I do is sparring, and on the mits.

Happy to hear any other recommendations

Thanks

Clarky

R2C C17, UMA RT41, Rival RB1/RB11/RS1/RS2V and Sabas Supersoft are all great choices for knuckle protection while still having feedback.

I also hear that the Everlast Protex 3 Evergel provides great knuckle protection (Everlast had a 50% off sale earlier today, but they will be having new sales everyday as Xmas specials).

I suggest the Winning NG2 gel knuckle guards if you're still having issues.

Another option is IMF style gloves like Ringside IMF, R2C MIM, Rival PMF. But feedback is sacrificed.

What gloves were you using before?

I was using Cleto Reyes, then was using Ringside Heritage, now I have the Rival RSV11 which I have only used once, will test those out.

Would the Ring to cage c17 or the UMA Rt41 have more knuckle hand protection than the Rival RSV11 I currently have?

Thanks

Great question and luckily for you I have the following: Rival RS11V, Sabas SuperSoft, Ring2Cage C-17 2.0, UMA RT-41 and Winning MS-600 gloves as well as a few others like Sabas Primes, NZ Boxer Venge.

RS11V's are sparring gloves and are really great for that purpose but I don't find wearing mine very comfortable at all for bag work, even though they are more then adequate for pad work.

Personally I would recommend the SuperSofts as I even prefer mine to my Winnings because they are a very, very close replica but the hook and loop which is far superior to Winnings own hook and loop is just more convenient than my laced Winning gloves.

If you are really looking for Knuckle protection though the UMA RT-41's or even TopBoxer Signature Series gloves really can't be beat. They beat out Winnings and the others but you do sacrifice feedback and that nice pop sound when you land perfectly.

Thanks for the advice guys. What is the KO gear gloves like protection wise. What is the knuckle protection like?

Thanks for the advice guys. What is the KO gear gloves like protection wise. What is the knuckle protection like?

They are almost identical to the Fairtex BGV1 but smaller. The padding is thin but really protective. Be careful tho if you have long finger. The finger pocket is a bit on the short side. Superb gloves.

Venum Giant 3.0 16 oz. great protection. just ask iFossil.

Venum Giant 3.0 16 oz. great protection. just ask iFossil.
Yeah, but I agree with shivm 's list more. While the Venum giant is protective and also very soft for already injured hands. Gloves like Uma RT41 are just even more protective. Haven't tried the like of Sabas SS and some others yet, but I would imagine them being superior in terms of protection as well from what I hear.

TopBoxer Signature Series, UMA RT41, Sabas SS, R2C C17 and Winning are a tough list for any other gloves to beat, they are so famous for the protection. Venum Giant certainly come close, but not better in that regards, imo. And also Uma utlra can be added into that list, very protective too.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks for replies I have been in contact with Top Boxer and he is making some gloves up for me. Thanks for all the recommendations

Clarky

When I first started training in Bangkok I found a lot of the bags in the gyms we're really solid. I was using Twins 10oz and 16oz at the time and ended up moving to Top King Super gloves because the wrist support on Top King gloves in great (for a Muay Thai gloves) and the padding is quite puffy. Basically the complete opposite of say a pair of Fairtex gloves. That solved the issue for me.

Back