Recommend me an EDC folder

I use my auto as a letter opener. I think they're a novelty, even the expensive ones. More parts, more complicated, etc. For everyday carry, I have a couple of Benchmade Griptilians. I think the Axis lock is the best for a folding knife.

How useful are autos anyways? Assisted openers like Kershaw speedsafe are so violently fast anyways, what's the point of full auto with button/switch relative to an assisted opener? It just seems a bit gimmicky. Are they more fun to play with?

They just look heavy and over complicated to me. I can't imagine anybody in the real world uses such a thing for tactical purposes, relative to a fixed blade.

How useful are autos anyways? Assisted openers like Kershaw speedsafe are so violently fast anyways, what's the point of full auto with button/switch relative to an assisted opener? It just seems a bit gimmicky. Are they more fun to play with?

They just look heavy and over complicated to me. I can't imagine anybody in the real world uses such a thing for tactical purposes, relative to a fixed blade.

I recall reading that OTF knives were designed for paratroopers so that they could carry in a way that took up less room and that switchblades were designed for women so they could carry without breaking a nail.

Kershaw Blur is awesome. At work I carry a Cold Steel Recon 1. My EDC knife is either the Blur or a Cold Steel medium size voyager.

ontario rat. I have 3 and have beat the shit out of them for years and they are still in great shape

Back