Recipe ideas for weight cutting

The Karate Man

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm two weeks out from the fight and this is the most weight I'm ever attempting to cut. I'm following No Sweat Weight Cutting by Eric Wong, BSc, CSCS. My coaches and roommate are keeping my honest.

I absolutely cannot have:

Rice, potatoes, corn, pasta, and bread (carbs)
Salt
Sugar
Fruit
Caffeine

Whatcha got?

Steak & salad
Eggs & salad
Pork & salad
Poltry & salad
Fish & salad

<Fedor23>

Heard asparagus is a natural directic

P.S. why no caffeine?

2 weeks and you're already cutting out carbs, sugar and caffeine?

Who is Eric wong?

2 weeks and you're already cutting out carbs, sugar and caffeine?

Agree with the above question, your energy levels are going to be garbage by fight time. What do you weigh now, what are you needing to make and what's your current body fat? (not that 2 weeks is enough time to drastically change the latter)

My body fat was low going into this. I'm basically putting my body in a ketogenic state to burn fat. Energy levels suffered while adapting, but are fine now. The food cravings and hunger were way worse to deal with.

On top of cutting carbs, I'm also fasting for 12 hours and superhydrating. The superhydration upregulates the diuretic hormones. The body will go into diuretic overdrive, and when I stop my fluid intake, I will continue to piss at a maximum level before my body adjusts to having no water the day of weigh ins. Combining fluid restriction and superhydration can allow for a 3-5% loss in weight alone.

The reasoning behind cutting caffeine was to regain my tolerance so that when it's reintroduced to my system, it will actually have profound effects. I drink coffee daily, and caffeine has little to no effect on me. I can drink a cup of coffee and go straight to bed.

No carbs, wtf? How are you supposed to train?

imo this is a bullshit diet. Keto is bad for your (bad) cholesterol level. Eat at least a banana or a fruit before every physical activity (plus you're getting the vitamins & mineral).
One should never skip the battle against cancer, diseases, and aging. Try to add chia seeds and eat mostly fish, chicken breast, large portion of vegetables with a small portion of brown rice or brown pasta.

Use s.p.ices like (ceylan) cinnamon, ginger, coriander, in your diet.

Do at least 90 mins of cycling everyday or the day after at a good speed, you can alternate with running at an intermediate speed for 40-60 min depending on your cardio.

Drink a lot during the day, this should do the job. But hey, don't get in trouble and follow your coach's advice. Then, try my solution to stay lean, and naturally lighter.

Last edited:
I asked for fucking food recipes, not an alternate diet and training regimen.

The Keto diet works very well. I have plenty of energy, power, cardio, and I'm not hungry between meals. It's just difficult to transition into at first.

Keto diet is overrated. Need more details though. Current weight, target weight, etc.

brown rice , chicken breast , fish, salads, fruits and green juice at least 3x a week: organic kale, cucumber, celery, cabbage (about a pint and a half to 2 pints per serving). you'll crap alot but it'll get you lean.

Wow thats awesome! and you do karate too! thats so cool. I hope you landed a mae geri in the fight. Its my favorite technique.

Thanks man. That was actually a boxing match, but once my body heals from a couple injuries I'm looking for a mma fight soon. The Mae Geri and Yoko Geri are two techniques I throw often because of how long I am.

Thanks man. That was actually a boxing match, but once my body heals from a couple injuries I'm looking for a mma fight soon. The Mae Geri and Yoko Geri are two techniques I throw often because of how long I am.
thats great man. Boxing is a great combo with karate( like mcgregor) . for some reason i can do a spinning back kick but not a regular side kick very well lol. Good luck with your mma matches!

No carbs, wtf? How are you supposed to train?

imo this is a bullshit diet. Keto is bad for your (bad) cholesterol level. Eat at least a banana or a fruit before every physical activity (plus you're getting the vitamins & mineral).
One should never skip the battle against cancer, diseases, and aging. Try to add chia seeds and eat mostly fish, chicken breast, large portion of vegetables with a small portion of brown rice or brown pasta.

Use s.p.ices like (ceylan) cinnamon, ginger, coriander, in your diet.

Do at least 90 mins of cycling everyday or the day after at a good speed, you can alternate with running at an intermediate speed for 40-60 min depending on your cardio.

Drink a lot during the day, this should do the job. But hey, don't get in trouble and follow your coach's advice. Then, try my solution to stay lean, and naturally lighter.

Have you been watching Durianrider on youtube? There is an ex-professional cyclist from Australia who posts a lot of videos (of himself) on youtube. He is adamant that keto is terrible for training which makes sense IMO. He is always talking about eating bananas while training.

to prove his point he drops the 4 time Tour de france champion on a climb in Australia while doing hill repeats. Pretty impressive actually.

If you go to 3:30 he talks about low carbs.

Have you been watching Durianrider on youtube? There is an ex-professional cyclist from Australia who posts a lot of videos (of himself) on youtube. He is adamant that keto is terrible for training which makes sense IMO. He is always talking about eating bananas while training.

to prove his point he drops the 4 time Tour de france champion on a climb in Australia while doing hill repeats. Pretty impressive actually.

If you go to 3:30 he talks about low carbs.

lol yeah I've been watching him, Vegan Gains, and the rest of the vegan youtubers for months. I'm not a vegan but I'm interested in the vegan approach. I also love the drama in the vegan community (with Norvegan, "Jobese" etc..") lol

lol yeah I've been watching him, Vegan Gains, and the rest of the vegan youtubers for months. I'm not a vegan but I'm interested in the vegan approach. I also love the drama in the vegan community (with Norvegan, "Jobese" etc..") lol

I was vegetarian (not vegan) for three years as an athlete. I don't think it did anything for me, just a hassle.

Now into my late 40s I switched to moderate amount of calories, more weighted to protein (but not the stupid amount that is now popular), and fasted exercise in the morning just like I did when in the off-season when I raced. Combined with the great core workout from bouldering 3 times a week, it's worked well for me.

I can still get to 350W threshold power on MAP test (4.8W/kg) on just 2 rides a week, if that. I'm pretty happy with that considering I haven't trained seriously in 20 yrs.

Back