Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

There are also videos of him fighting Sirimongkol, Toby smith and singmanee

Controversial losses to toby and sirimongkol, and a close decision loss to singmanee

Think I have that Songchai tape too. Its the one dedicated to the olympic boxers that also fought in Muay Thai. I remember there was one fight where a young Saenchai went back and forth trading punches with an olympic boxer and had him hurt at one point. Funnily enough most of the thai fighters that were successful in boxing fought in a fairly typical thai style under thai rules.

Boxing is a natural transition for a skillful Muay Thai fighter. They pick it up because they have the the coordination, vision and ring experience.

The guy Saenchai fought won gold in the Olympics. Wijan Ponlid

EaHHZCV.jpg

Results? I tried looking on the web but couldn't find anything.

Damn now you got me looking up Superbon fights. He has potential and this is not his first Kunlun fight either. Dudes been under the radar. Im surprised I havent seen more of him. Victor Nagbe is a hard fighter to KO just ask Yodsanklai.

Who do you guys think is best at fighting at long-range atm? Utilizing jabs, teeps etc

Sangmanee vs Petch U thong tonight. Awesome!

So Sitthichai-Superbon is happening?

If so, how has a thread not been made about it?!!!!

strong performance by Jompichit.

[YT]KpR7eVlccCA[/YT]

Got Phetch there, well atleast Seangmanee got the win from where he was robbed when fighting against Thanonchai. scoring :icon_conf

[YT]E7Fr_jLFJbg[/YT]

Didn't really care for Jompichit when he was Mapichit, but I'm starting to enjoy him more and more for each fight

Didn't really care for Jompichit when he was Mapichit, but I'm starting to enjoy him more and more for each fight

Yeah, he also looks more ripped since he left sitsongpeenong.

Last edited:
so was it a good event overall?
i missed all the fights this time...

is it confirmed that sittichai and super are fighting next time or will they mix fighters from other groups?

i've followed him since he was a teen...I was exaggerating but yeah he is definitely up in weight.

I disagree with both of you.

He's a similar fighter from what I remember. Only real difference to me is he's not getting knocked out every other fight like he used to.

Except for maybe being a little taller he's not much different in terms of physique. Even after losing water weight he doesn't exactly look ripped. Just a fit guy.

1114_njkf_04.jpg

That tournament is such a cluster fuck I have no clue what's going on with it at this point...

looking back, you're actually right. thought he fought at around 130lbs like 2 years back.

That tournament is such a cluster fuck I have no clue what's going on with it at this point...

the same sensation with me

maybe they started now the final 16 as old K1 max(guys who qualified on the contender 4 man tournaments to take one of the 16 places)

and the guys who win their fights against another guy qualified pass to the final 8(i hope they do the final 8 all fights in the same day,would be mothafucking cool :cool:)

that is my hope :D

agree with Coca too. It was painful seeing him get hurt all the time. Glad chuwattana team fine tuned his defensive skills but I think he still has a lot of room for improvement.

Jompichit has always been a great fighter. I think he suffered quite a few knockout losses towards the end of his Sitsongpeenong career because they were trying to move him up in weight too quickly and he sometimes looked a bit puffy especially around the face like how Yod used to look. Hes been doing really well since moving to Chuwattana and I think he has a bright future. When he was fighting at the lighter weight classes for sitsongpeenong he was a little beast:

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a good fighter and has been fighting internationally for years but has gone largely unnoticed.

He also had a short run at lightweight where he beat Kaew and Singdam but I guess he grew out of it quickly.

He must Be pretty good to have beaten them

sangmanee petch was bs. he got swept like at least once per round. and i like sangmanee too

So Sitthichai-Superbon is happening?

If so, how has a thread not been made about it?!!!!

They both qualified for the final 8. For what it's worth Kunlun had them both in "bracket a" before the event. What that means who knows thou

Nong-O vs Chamuekthong

Somrak vs Yodwanpadet

Nong-O/Chamuekthong was a damn good fight. That knee attack totally drained Nong-O and was barely hanging on at the end.

Somrak-Yodwanpadet exceeded my expectations. Nothing great, but not bad. I can picture the judges giving a draw because of the 6 million baht bet and using the weird rules as a nice way to slide. "How the hell do we score this? Fuck it, it's a draw. Nobody loses money!" Lol

after Sitthichai and Yod who already prove themselves as the best thai kickboxers today(and for sure on the top 5 kickboxers of this division),Superbon is a real promise on kickboxing to me on LW division

The guy is good,he run good on his days at the stadiums even defeating good names and holding a Thailand title,and his transition to kickboxing cant be better than having Buakaw as a teacher,who pass on the same situation as his fighter,this guy is really on the right way,technical and agressive,tall,good balance,he have to keep winning and step more degrees to face more talented fighters.

This might be too specific, but does anyone know who is Somrak's corner man at the end of the video who doesn't want to shake anyone's hands after the fight? He also keeps pulling Somrak away from everyone.

I wouldn't have thought there was bad blood in a silly fight like this (beyond betting controversy, maybe?)

Youssef vs Chanjon
Omnoi stadium title defense:

[YT]8VCPDnrxt0M[/YT]

Youssef won. He has been really impressive lately. Does Yod still take fights at 72kg? I think it would be a great fight.

Who isYodwanpadet. I read somewhere that he was well known 25 years ago but that's it. Also how old is he?

Few KO's over the last week.

Fight 1: 2:00
Fight 2: 8:00

Fight 1: 1:40
Fight 2: 7:20

This might be too specific, but does anyone know who is Somrak's corner man at the end of the video who doesn't want to shake anyone's hands after the fight? He also keeps pulling Somrak away from everyone.

I wouldn't have thought there was bad blood in a silly fight like this (beyond betting controversy, maybe?)

Looks like Samart. He and Khaosai typically corner Somrak.

Yodwanpadet is a Rajadamnern promoter. Maybe he felt Somrak won, but it was a draw because of his affiliation with the stadium. I don't know.

Who isYodwanpadet. I read somewhere that he was well known 25 years ago but that's it. Also how old is he?

Yes he's an old champion and now is a Rajadamnern promoter. He's in his early or mid 50's.

He's fought a few of these old guy fights with big bets. They fought before in a regular Muay Thai fight and Somrak beat him easily, so they put this together where Somrak can only punch. Maybe next time only 1 hand for Somrak. Lol

Yeah that's Samart, complaining about the scoring. Good stuff.

Yodwanpadet is 54, he was 4 times Ratchadamnern champ and 2 times Lumpini back in the day also competed in amateur boxing, he is no longer a promoter at Ratchadamnern hasn't been for about a year now

Well both important guys, with a draw, no one loses face.

Is there still no videos of the sittichai vs Jonay Risco Kunlun fight? Been looking everywhere.

Back