Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

So I heard Nong O has moved to Evolve MMA gym in Singapore. Is he still fighting or has he retired to just be a trainer out there? They have some great MMA fighters including ex MuayThai fighters Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke and Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai who compete in MMA.

I'm not a big MMA fan but I would love to see how a fighter like Nong O's does in MMA with the right preparation. Evolve gym is the perfect place with the right trainers and facility's but most importantly they have Thai's that are ex MuayThai fighters who Nong O can learn from and relate to.

So I heard Nong O has moved to Evolve MMA gym in Singapore. Is he still fighting or has he retired to just be a trainer out there? They have some great MMA fighters including ex MuayThai fighters Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke and Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai who compete in MMA.

I'm not a big MMA fan but I would love to see how a fighter like Nong O's does in MMA with the right preparation. Evolve gym is the perfect place with the right trainers and facility's but most importantly they have Thai's that are ex MuayThai fighters who Nong O can learn from and relate to.
He's retired now

yea nong-o retired and left right after he won the toyota tournament for evolve. Penake sitnumnoi also quietly retired and went to work for evolve over the summer.

Evolve pays them at minimum 100k baht a month plus they get extra from private training. Some of the former fighters get much more than that but i know they pay all of them at least that much. They are also given apartments in signapore and have no living expenses there so they are all really well taken care of. That is why we are seeing guys that can still compete leave a couple years earlier than they ever would have before.

Evolve must pay really well.
They do. Forgot who it was but I remember reading a fighter saying he makes more teaching at Evolve than he does fighting.
Instructors at Evolve MMA earn between 5,000 and 15,000 SGD a month for teaching students of all level and sharing their experience with the official fight team. It’s a far cry from the days when Namsaknoi was sewing fishing nets for a living and the 35 year old’s family have felt the benefit of his good fortune,

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/the-rise-and-fall-of-muay-thai-legend-namsaknoi-yudthagarngamtorn

Evolve pays them at minimum 100k baht a month plus they get extra from private training. Some of the former fighters get much more than that but i know they pay all of them at least that much. They are also given apartments in signapore and have no living expenses there so they are all really well taken care of. That is why we are seeing guys that can still compete leave a couple years earlier than they ever would have before.
Damn! That's amazing. It always annoys me how some great MT legends end up trainers in some broken down camp hardly getting paid anything. Some of these fighters have put in some serious hard work over the years and deserve a better life after retiring. I heard Singapore is beautiful. I would love to go to Evolve gym one day when I can afford it. The fact that the trainers are getting paid so much you know there wont be any messing around.

Today's Raja main fight. Kaokarat Jitmuangnon vs Detnarong Kiatjaroenchai. Avoid, feint, finish. Lovely.

^ Masterful. Love the blinding with the glove right before the KO

Back