Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by equus, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Yodsanan

Yodsanan K'FESTA.1

Yes.

2. number9dream

number9dream Blue Belt

Thanks!

3. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

When I say progress I'm not saying he is a better fighter then any of those names you put up. I am talking about the shift from fighting in the stadiums to fighting internationally. He has done it successfully but like I said what stands out is his size because he is a young Thai fighter who is at a weight where no Thai has had success mainly due to the fact that most Thai's cant get to that weight but now we have one who has potential. Is that really hard to understand? You can be as negative as you want and point out every fighter Thongchai has lost to but that's beside the point. I see a 19 year old that with the right guidance and training could be a contender in 77KG Glory division in a few years.

Also if you go back to my thread about Yodwicha its me saying that I have changed my mind about him. I never really liked his one dimensional style in the stadiums and thought he mixed it up nicely in his fight against Bobo. Nothing to do with me thinking hes the hot shit lmao

4. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

Who gives a fuck about international transition. Most decent Thais do that successfully. By your logic you should be riding Peemai Jitmuangnon's jockstrap. If only he were Peemai Sitsongpeenong. Thongchai isn't any better better than Duenchonlek, and there was no fuss about him. 160+ pound Thais with competent abilities are not unicorns like you seem to think.

Why do you always obsess over the fact that he is 19? Probably something like 30% or 40% of the fighters ranked at Lumpini are 20 or under, and a lot of those that are older were ranked when they were under 20. In Muay Thai you usually know what a fighter is or isn't at this age. Nobody should care that he's "only 19."

You changed your mind on Yodwicha because you obviously believed he couldn't do anything but grab and knee. A fighter rarely gets to that level without knowing other things. Never believe a competitive Muay Thai fighter is only capable of certain things because of how they fight against other good Thais. This type of thinking has been shattered. Of course Yodwicha could kick and punch, and against Bobo Sacko he could win that way, and when he fights next in Thailand he'll go back to constant clinching.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  5. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

6. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Anybody else watching this? Iqyuzeang and some other guy are brawling meanwhile the referee is between them. Looks like they're trying to make a show

7. Yodsanan

Yodsanan K'FESTA.1

Keo Rumchong winning over Ikyuzang.

8. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Didn't know that was him lol!

did the show end? does anyone know who won, Sudsakorn or Youssef?

9. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Only seen a few Peemai Jitmunagnong fights one of which was against Youssef Boughanem who he lost to and I wasn't that impressed tbh. Apart from that I dont know much about him but who knows maybe he will change my mind sometime in the future.

I'm obsessed with how young Thongchai is because it means he has time to evolve and develop as a fighter. The older a fighter is the harder it is to teach him new things. At 19 hes still growing mentally and physically. And why are you talking about Lumpinee? Yes I know Lumpinee has many under 20 year old champs. What does that have to do with Thongchai having success internationally?

You need to stop with this Sitsongpeenong crap. I only like Sittichai and Thongchai and what Sitsongpeenong are doing with them just like I like what Por Pramuk did with Buakaw. Never been a big Kem fan or a fan of any other sitsong fighter. I guess by your logic I must be obsessed with Kiatmoo9 since I practically like all their fighters and love how hard they train them. Not sure why me thinking Thongchai has potential is troubling you so much?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  10. Jeffie

Jeffie Banned Banned

cocakilbana
    i don't know but cocakilbana doesnt seem to like you and also he doesnt like the dutch, that much I can tell from his posts

11. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

Youssef on points. Knocked Sudsakorn down twice in round 2 and Sudsakorn was saved by the bell.

Saenchai's opponent quit after 1 punch that hardly landed. Pretty bad.

12. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

Peemai beat Thongchai a year ago well after Thongchai established himself as the 19 year old prodigy and international superstar! How?!!!!!

Face it, Thongchai would be a 4-3 kind of fighter this year with 7 decisions if he only fought Thais, and you wouldn't give a fuck about him.

13. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Yes and Petboonchu has beaten Saenchai. Doesn't mean Petboonchu will be more successful internationally. I dont care if Peemai beat Thongchai. That's not going to make me feel any different about him and it wasn't even a bad loss.

Thongchai seemed like an okay fighter when he was fighting in the big stadiums. Nothing special but then again he was young. Maybe if he was still fighting Thai's I wouldnt care about him but he isn't. Hes too big! Which is ONCE AGAIN why I like him. I like many fighters at the moment like Jomthong, Sittichai, Yod, Petpanomrung, Superlek, Panpayak, Littewada, Nong O, Kongsak etc some of which I like more then Thongchai but none of them have Thongchai's size.

Most Thai's would do well internationally but some have age against them and may find it hard to switch up their styles. Some cant physically get to a certain size so are limited on opponents and others dont have the opportunity that a camp like Fairtex or Sitsongpeenong would have for their fighters. Thongchai has all 3 and like I said with the right guidance he could be a formidable opponent at a weight class where most Thai's have not fought at let alone dominated at.

14. DastardlyMass

DastardlyMass Brown Belt

full event from todays thai fight!

15. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Thongchai beat youssef in france :)

16. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

By injury from a bad shoulder just like how he lost to Buakaw and Aikpracha.

Youssef is now healthy, in his prime and is more impressive than Thongchai. Thongchai peaked in 2012-2013. Youssef has a 70% chance to beat Thongchai at 160 if they fight again.

17. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Yeah heis very good. I'ld like to see a rematch

18. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

Tengnueng is an under the radar destroyer. Just imagine the bursts of offense in a Tengnueng-Saiyok fight. FUCK! Thai Fight must make this happen!

19. anorak

anorak Brown Belt

Thongchai has attitude issues that i don't think will see him making a long big career

20. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Could you explain?