Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

I don't see how he's any different now than he was in 2013 when he was getting dommed by Jomthong, Nong-O, Petboonchu and Wanchalerm.

Thongchai may be a little better. I don't really see it, but it's hard to say he's so much better when his success has come from beating mostly poor fighters. Of course that will make most fighters look better. I mean, look at Thongchai against Peemai Jitmuangnon and Rungrawee PKSaenchai, his last two Thai opponents. Do those performances really make you think he's something special? Just assume he never fought foreign guys and was fighting Thais and winning and losing decisions just like against those two fighters. Would you still have this opinion of him?

It's just like when you made that thread about Yodwicha. He punched, kicked and dominated Bobo Sacko and suddenly you think he's hot shit.
When I say progress I'm not saying he is a better fighter then any of those names you put up. I am talking about the shift from fighting in the stadiums to fighting internationally. He has done it successfully but like I said what stands out is his size because he is a young Thai fighter who is at a weight where no Thai has had success mainly due to the fact that most Thai's cant get to that weight but now we have one who has potential. Is that really hard to understand? You can be as negative as you want and point out every fighter Thongchai has lost to but that's beside the point. I see a 19 year old that with the right guidance and training could be a contender in 77KG Glory division in a few years.

Also if you go back to my thread about Yodwicha its me saying that I have changed my mind about him. I never really liked his one dimensional style in the stadiums and thought he mixed it up nicely in his fight against Bobo. Nothing to do with me thinking hes the hot shit lmao

When I say progress I'm not saying he is a better fighter then any of those names you put up. I am talking about the shift from fighting in the stadiums to fighting internationally. He has done it successfully but like I said what stands out is his size because he is a young Thai fighter who is at a weight where no Thai has had success mainly due to the fact that most Thai's cant get to that weight but now we have one who has potential. Is that really hard to understand? You can be as negative as you want and point out every fighter Thongchai has lost to but that's beside the point. I see a 19 year old that with the right guidance and training could be a contender in 77KG Glory division in a few years.

Also if you go back to my thread about Yodwicha its me saying that I have changed my mind about him. I never really liked his one dimensional style in the stadiums and thought he mixed it up nicely in his fight against Bobo. Nothing to do with me thinking hes the hot shit lmao

Who gives a fuck about international transition. Most decent Thais do that successfully. By your logic you should be riding Peemai Jitmuangnon's jockstrap. If only he were Peemai Sitsongpeenong. Thongchai isn't any better better than Duenchonlek, and there was no fuss about him. 160+ pound Thais with competent abilities are not unicorns like you seem to think.

Why do you always obsess over the fact that he is 19? Probably something like 30% or 40% of the fighters ranked at Lumpini are 20 or under, and a lot of those that are older were ranked when they were under 20. In Muay Thai you usually know what a fighter is or isn't at this age. Nobody should care that he's "only 19."

You changed your mind on Yodwicha because you obviously believed he couldn't do anything but grab and knee. A fighter rarely gets to that level without knowing other things. Never believe a competitive Muay Thai fighter is only capable of certain things because of how they fight against other good Thais. This type of thinking has been shattered. Of course Yodwicha could kick and punch, and against Bobo Sacko he could win that way, and when he fights next in Thailand he'll go back to constant clinching.

Last edited:
Anybody else watching this? Iqyuzeang and some other guy are brawling meanwhile the referee is between them. Looks like they're trying to make a show

Who gives a fuck about international transition. Most decent Thais do that successfully. By your logic you should be riding Peemai Jitmuangnon's jockstrap. If only he were Peemai Sitsongpeenong. Thongchai isn't any better better than Duenchonlek, and there was no fuss about him. 160+ pound Thais with competent abilities are not unicorns like you seem to think.

Why do you always obsess over the fact that he is 19? Probably something like 30% or 40% of the fighters ranked at Lumpini are 20 or under, and a lot of those that are older were ranked when they were under 20. In Muay Thai you usually know what a fighter is or isn't at this age. Nobody should care that he's "only 19."

You changed your mind on Yodwicha because you obviously believed he couldn't do anything but grab and knee. A fighter rarely gets to that level without knowing other things. Never believe a competitive Muay Thai fighter is only capable of certain things because of how they fight against other good Thais. This type of thinking has been shattered. Of course Yodwicha could kick and punch, and against Bobo Sacko he could win that way, and when he fights next in Thailand he'll go back to constant clinching.
Only seen a few Peemai Jitmunagnong fights one of which was against Youssef Boughanem who he lost to and I wasn't that impressed tbh. Apart from that I dont know much about him but who knows maybe he will change my mind sometime in the future.

I'm obsessed with how young Thongchai is because it means he has time to evolve and develop as a fighter. The older a fighter is the harder it is to teach him new things. At 19 hes still growing mentally and physically. And why are you talking about Lumpinee? Yes I know Lumpinee has many under 20 year old champs. What does that have to do with Thongchai having success internationally?

You need to stop with this Sitsongpeenong crap. I only like Sittichai and Thongchai and what Sitsongpeenong are doing with them just like I like what Por Pramuk did with Buakaw. Never been a big Kem fan or a fan of any other sitsong fighter. I guess by your logic I must be obsessed with Kiatmoo9 since I practically like all their fighters and love how hard they train them. Not sure why me thinking Thongchai has potential is troubling you so much?

Last edited by a moderator:
cocakilbana
Only seen a few Peemai Jitmunagnong fights one of which was against Youssef Boughanem who he lost to and I wasn't that impressed tbh. Apart from that I dont know much about him but who knows maybe he will change my mind sometime in the future.

I'm obsessed with how young Thongchai is because it means he has time to evolve and develop as a fighter. The older a fighter is the harder it is to teach him new things. At 19 hes still growing mentally and physically. And why are you talking about Lumpinee? Yes I know Lumpinee has many under 20 year old champs. What does that have to do with Thongchai having success internationally?

You need to stop with this Sitsongpeenong crap. I only like Sittichai and Thongchai and what Sitsongpeenong are doing with them just like I like what Por Pramuk did with Buakaw. Never been a big Kem fan or a fan of any other sitsong fighter. I guess by your logic I must be obsessed with Kiatmoo9 since I practically like all their fighters and love how hard they train them. Not sure why me thinking Thongchai has potential is troubling you so much?
i don't know but cocakilbana doesnt seem to like you and also he doesnt like the dutch, that much I can tell from his posts

Didn't know that was him lol!

did the show end? does anyone know who won, Sudsakorn or Youssef?

Youssef on points. Knocked Sudsakorn down twice in round 2 and Sudsakorn was saved by the bell.

Saenchai's opponent quit after 1 punch that hardly landed. Pretty bad.

Peemai beat Thongchai a year ago well after Thongchai established himself as the 19 year old prodigy and international superstar! How?!!!!!

Face it, Thongchai would be a 4-3 kind of fighter this year with 7 decisions if he only fought Thais, and you wouldn't give a fuck about him.

Peemai beat Thongchai a year ago well after Thongchai established himself as the 19 year old prodigy and international superstar! How?!!!!!

Face it, Thongchai would be a 4-3 kind of fighter this year with 7 decisions if he only fought Thais, and you wouldn't give a fuck about him.
Yes and Petboonchu has beaten Saenchai. Doesn't mean Petboonchu will be more successful internationally. I dont care if Peemai beat Thongchai. That's not going to make me feel any different about him and it wasn't even a bad loss.

Thongchai seemed like an okay fighter when he was fighting in the big stadiums. Nothing special but then again he was young. Maybe if he was still fighting Thai's I wouldnt care about him but he isn't. Hes too big! Which is ONCE AGAIN why I like him. I like many fighters at the moment like Jomthong, Sittichai, Yod, Petpanomrung, Superlek, Panpayak, Littewada, Nong O, Kongsak etc some of which I like more then Thongchai but none of them have Thongchai's size.

Most Thai's would do well internationally but some have age against them and may find it hard to switch up their styles. Some cant physically get to a certain size so are limited on opponents and others dont have the opportunity that a camp like Fairtex or Sitsongpeenong would have for their fighters. Thongchai has all 3 and like I said with the right guidance he could be a formidable opponent at a weight class where most Thai's have not fought at let alone dominated at.

Thongchai beat youssef in france :)

By injury from a bad shoulder just like how he lost to Buakaw and Aikpracha.

Youssef is now healthy, in his prime and is more impressive than Thongchai. Thongchai peaked in 2012-2013. Youssef has a 70% chance to beat Thongchai at 160 if they fight again.

By injury from a bad shoulder just like how he lost to Buakaw and Aikpracha.

Youssef is now healthy, in his prime and is more impressive than Thongchai. Thongchai peaked in 2012-2013. Youssef has a 70% chance to beat Thongchai at 160 if they fight again.
Yeah heis very good. I'ld like to see a rematch

Tengnueng is an under the radar destroyer. Just imagine the bursts of offense in a Tengnueng-Saiyok fight. FUCK! Thai Fight must make this happen!

Thongchai has attitude issues that i don't think will see him making a long big career

Back