Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Did you guys see Joe Rogan learn that the pinnacle of Muay Thai is not Lion Fight, but rather Yokkao? :D

Rogan: "If there's one sport that doesn't get its due, it's Muay Thai."

Within a few minutes I realized this was not my cup of tea, but I feel confident I can say they spent the next two hours not giving Muay Thai its due. Instead of watching it through I skipped to various points and came to things like:

Foreigners are catching up to Thais
Yodsanklai can punch hard... for a Thai
I love Saenchai because he uses movement and he's different from Thais
This white guy is so good
These Japanese prodigies are incredible... only a teenager!

Theme, anyone?

Anyways, my favorite parts:

0:07-0:10
34:00-35:09 (the payoff comes in the last 5 seconds)

Man, Suakim can really wear it. Didn't look bothered a bit after getting up from a punch that would have ended most fighters.

Does this win take Rodthung passed Tenshin as the supreme striking talent of the world, or is this just a collective shrug because of place of birth and whatnots?

Man, Suakim can really wear it. Didn't look bothered a bit after getting up from a punch that would have ended most fighters.

Does this win take Rodthung passed Tenshin as the supreme striking talent of the world, or is this just a collective shrug because of place of birth and whatnots?

Apparently KNOCK-OUT are looking to book Rodthung vs Tenshin next so that debate may be settled in the ring

sigh...Yokkao. Slowly exploiting the art and fighters for their financial gain. Only the pure Muay Thai followers will understand.

sigh...Yokkao. Slowly exploiting the art and fighters for their financial gain. Only the pure Muay Thai followers will understand.

I'm a complete Muay Thai noob, I have seen a few of those Yokkao events, can you explain? Not disagreeing, I have no clue, just curious.

What's Superlek up to? The army boxing is over but hes still doing boxing training. By far my favorite active fighter in all combat sports.

I believe superlek and kongsak are preparing for the tournament to get onto the Thai national boxing team but I could bee wrong

I believe superlek and kongsak are preparing for the tournament to get onto the Thai national boxing team but I could bee wrong
We'll see how that goes but would prefer Superlek in mt. Really impressed with the Christopher Shaw fight even tho he got a little tired. He had that young buakaw esk to him and great killer instinct.

Back