Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Muangthai threw him around a lot though. Anyway a very good fight and awesome full fight video. gotta love it.

I'm trying to keep track of Yodwicha's fight schedule but its hard. All of his fights outside of TopKing recently have been under the radar.

Sounded like he said sittichai's name at the beginning. That would be a great match up if it ever happens.

it is his "official" challenge to sittichai to fight under mt or kb rules.

Haven't there been the same suggestions about Panpayak? And he's arguably the best fighter at the moment.

Cherry also seems like he's been on a pretty good run of form for the past year or so. I can only really recall him losing a handful of times in that stretch. I think he can be a factor at the lighter weights, especially now that he's fighting a little bit higher in weight.
Would say it’s far more noticeable with Cherry or has been in a fair few fights I’ve seen of his, he has great style though and good build for fighter

it is his "official" challenge to sittichai to fight under mt or kb rules.
LOL I wonder how sittichai will respond if he responds at all. Under Mt rules Yodwicha will clinch rape the hell out of him but then again sittichai has dealt with clinchers before and has strong clinchers like Thongchai to train with. Under Kb im not sure if Yodwicha is ready yet. Maybe under muaythai but in a TopKing type of setting. Not the stadiums.

I like that Yodwicha is calling out other Top Thai's. They need to make it happen!

LOL I wonder how sittichai will respond if he responds at all. Under Mt rules Yodwicha will clinch rape the hell out of him but then again sittichai has dealt with clinchers before and has strong clinchers like Thongchai to train with. Under Kb im not sure if Yodwicha is ready yet. Maybe under muaythai but in a TopKing type of setting. Not the stadiums.

I like that Yodwicha is calling out other Top Thai's. They need to make it happen!
Well how would Sittichai deal with his relentless pressure under either ruleset? Sittichais strenght was using his kicks, knees and good punching defense against non thais, but not sure if that will help him that much against a thai. I think Yodwicha would win by decision in either ruleset.

Well how would Sittichai deal with his relentless pressure under either ruleset?
Muaythai he'll probably have issues but under kb I think he would be able to handle it. Yodwicha and Marat have different types of pressure but I think under kb if he can handle marats pressure he should be able to handle yodwichas. Its not like yodwicha will be given a lot of time in the clinch.

Sittichais strenght was using his kicks, knees and good punching defense against non thais, but not sure if that will help him that much against a thai. I think Yodwicha would win by decision in either ruleset.
Oh come on man. This is what I mean by the disrespect sittichai gets. I remember before the superbon fight everyone was saying he would lose. Same goes before he fought Wanchalerm in Yokkao. I dont know what it is about sittichai but people seem to underrate him a lot.

Yodwicha is the best mt fighter above 145 no doubt and he has a chance to win under kb but its more than likely sittichai would win based off experience. You're talking about sittichai like he's van roosmalen only bringing up his strengths against non thais like he wouldn't know how to handle a thai. Sittichai has good experience against thai's and trains with them daily. He didn't do so well in the stadiums but he reached peak later on. How can you say you think Petro would beat Yodwicha yet say sittichai wouldn't? Because Yodwicha understand thai style? Well so does sittichai. Sittichai understands yodwicha a lot more than Petrosyan.

Logical answer is Yodwicha would win under mt and sittichai would win under kb but Yodwicha has more of a chance of defeating sittichai under kb than sittichai has of defeating yodwicha under mt but that doesn't mean sittichai has no chance.

Muaythai he'll probably have issues but under kb I think he would be able to handle it. Yodwicha and Marat have different types of pressure but I think under kb if he can handle marats pressure he should be able to handle yodwichas. Its not like yodwicha will be given a lot of time in the clinch.

He handled himself pretty well against the likes of Wanchalerm, aikpracha, Samranchai etc but obviously that was a while back and they're not Yodwicha.

Oh come on man. This is what I mean by the disrespect sittichai gets. I remember before the superbon fight everyone was saying he would lose. Same goes before he fought Wanchalerm in Yokkao. I dont know what it is about sittichai but people seem to underrate him a lot.

Yodwicha is the best mt fighter above 145 no doubt and he has a chance to win under kb but its more than likely sittichai would win based off experience. You're talking about sittichai like he's van roosmalen only bringing up his strengths against non thais like he wouldn't know how to handle a thai. Sittichai has good experience against thai's and trains with them daily. He didn't do so well in the stadiums but he reached peak later on. How can you say you think Petro would beat Yodwicha yet say sittichai wouldn't? Because Yodwicha understand thai style? Well so does sittichai. Sittichai understands yodwicha a lot more than Petrosyan.

Logical answer is Yodwicha would win under mt and sittichai would win under kb but Yodwicha has more of a chance of defeating sittichai under kb than sittichai has of defeating yodwicha under mt but that doesn't mean sittichai has no chance.
I said Superbon would win and yes Superbon got KO'd the first time and beat him on decision in the second fight so i was right. And i'm just writing out my personal predictions it doesn't mean anything anything can happen in a fight lol why do you care so much? I'm not disrespecting Sittichai i still think he is the best kickboxer in 70 kg. Yodwicha might not be as dominant as Sittichai if he fought the same opposition but i think he has the stylistic advantage against Sittichai in either ruleset.

I don't remember what i said about Petrosyan vs Yodwicha? In Kunlun i guess Yodwicha would have the advantage, in K-1 petro would have the advantage. The difference between Sittichai and Petrosyan is Petrosyans better precision and power with the hands. Yodwicha can easily absorb Sittichais punches and keep pushing the pace. Not saying he can't do the same with Petrosyan but i think it would be a bit riskier.

I said Superbon would win and yes Superbon got KO'd the first time and beat him on decision in the second fight so i was right.
Some including @Mafanofe said they thought sittichai won but maybe they've changed their mind. It was a close fight that I had superbon winning mainly because he kept catching sittichai's kicks which isn't really suppose to score under kb.

lol why do you care so much? I'm not disrespecting Sittichai i still think he is the best kickboxer in 70 kg. Yodwicha might not be as dominant as Sittichai if he fought the same opposition but i think he has the stylistic advantage against Sittichai in either ruleset.
Its not that I care so much but this is forum and when someone says something another person disagrees with they debate...no? I like both fighters and think it would be impressive if Yodwicha beat sittichai but based off the few kb fights i've seen yodwicha have I cant see it but like you said maybe its a "styles make fights" type of fight. Either way I would like to see it.

Some including @Mafanofe

Its not that I care so much but this is forum and when someone says something another person disagrees with they debate...no? I like both fighters and think it would be impressive if Yodwicha beat sittichai but based off the few kb fights i've seen yodwicha have I cant see it but like you said maybe its a "styles make fights" type of fight. Either way I would like to see it.
You're acting like i'm being disrespectful when i'm not

I meant overall people seem to doubt sittichai quite a bit. Its happened a number of times. Not so much anymore tho.
Who doubted him? I have seen people saying he can be a bit boring to watch but generally people think he is #1 in kickboxing

Who doubted him? I have seen people saying he can be a bit boring to watch but generally people think he is #1 in kickboxing
You really gonna make go through all of this?

Before wanchalerm most said he would lose because of wanchalerms stadium experience. Before murthel people said he would lose because of the size. Before the first kiria fight people said he would lose because he beat kem. Before the first superbon fight most on here said he will lose simply because bon was thai. After losing the second fight to bon some said sittichai hit a wall and he would lose his next fight against marat. Some said WLF wanted Yi Long vs sittichai and not Chingiz because sittichai doesn't KO anyone. People have say Buakaw was a much better kickboxer which no one really knows for sure. People say Kaew is a better kickboxer even tho sittichai has a better resume. He's never mentioned among the goat's in kickboxing yet I feel he deserves a mention. He's at least in the top 10.

Even @SuperLuigi in a recent p4p thread had kaew, superbon and petpanomrung ahead of sittichai: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-current-p4p-rankings.3635677/ and so many other examples and I cant be asked to write down.

Can this discussion be done now?

Before wanchalerm most said he would lose because of wanchalerms stadium experience. Before murthel people said he would lose because of the size. Before the first kiria fight people said he would lose because he beat kem. Before the first superbon fight most on here said he will lose simply because bon was thai. After losing the second fight to bon some said sittichai hit a wall and he would lose his next fight against marat. Some said WLF wanted Yi Long vs sittichai and not Chingiz because sittichai doesn't KO anyone. People have say Buakaw was a much better kickboxer which no one really knows for sure. People say Kaew is a better kickboxer even tho sittichai has a better resume. He's never mentioned among the goat's in kickboxing yet I feel he deserves a mention. He's at least in the top 10.

Even @SuperLuigi in a recent p4p thread had kaew, superbon and petpanomrung ahead of sittichai: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-current-p4p-rankings.3635677/ and so many other examples and I cant be asked to write down.

Okay i see your point but it's probably easier to find examples of people claiming sittichai is the #1 kickboxer though.

Some including @Mafanofe said they thought sittichai won but maybe they've changed their mind. It was a close fight that I had superbon winning mainly because he kept catching sittichai's kicks which isn't really suppose to score under kb.

yeah i thought that Sitthichai won that fight but i watched later then 3x and i saw a slight advantage to bon,but i said that it could gone either way,it was a very close fight

Muay Thai news and Muay Thai products at Muaythaitv

let people have their personal opinions bud,no one denies the importance of Sitthichai but i also wouldnt have problem to have Kaew as P4P some months ago

Kaew crushed a lot of elite 65kg guys and made them look bad like Yamazaki-Kubo-Soda-Bulaid

talking about hability Pet is way above Sitthichai and it cant be denied on MT,Pet fought elite while Sitthichai was most of the time on a not so competitive weight classes on the stadiums

on kickboxing resume it is obviously that Sitthichai is by far ahead

@anorak Are they really going thru with this iquzang vs 4"gangsters" fight. I read something that said January 12.

Back