Recent fights/results/news from Thailand | Page 212

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by equus, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Julius_Caesar Purple Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Kongsak is now in his mid to late 20's. He's past his prime and I just dont see him having the right style to be dominant internationally like Yod was. Moving up in weight at his age will be forced and effect his performance.

I think the new boys that could dominate the international scene are Petpanormung, Superbon, Yodwicha and Rittewada. I don't like Sangmanee either. Never liked him. I think Superlek could be dominant. Needs to work a lot on his boxing tho.

2. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    So is Yodlekphet but i doubt he is slow twitch just because he is stocky.

3. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Slow twitch = marathon runner. Fast twitch = sprint. Kongsak is neither but definitely not marathon runner type. Yodpanomrung, possibly.

4. AbeRudder Blue Belt

AbeRudder
    He's looked good against every foreign opponent he has fought, Samuel Bark and Genji are solid farang fighters too. The only issue is that he cannot coast through fights the way someone like saenchai can, I feel like the way he fights is going to catch up with him soon.

5. AbeRudder Blue Belt

AbeRudder
    That's like the opposite of how I would describe Kongsak. His strikes are explosive and powerful but he sometimes lacks activity and volume.

6. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    If Buakaw and Yodsanklai can beat top international guys in their 30's, there is no reason Kongsak shouldn't be able to. Yes he is out of his prime and too slow for stadium fights now, but as long as he id motivated and stays healthy (for Buakaw, i think having a good physical therapist was very important for revovering from injuries) he should do fine. He deserves that money

7. Julius_Caesar Purple Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Yeah maybe I was pushing it a little. I like Kongsak and hope he proves me wrong but for now I cant see it.

8. Julius_Caesar Purple Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Buakaw and Yod have a lot of experience against foreigners tho. All Buakaws fights for over the last decade have been against foreigners.

9. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Not this shit again.

10. Julius_Caesar Purple Belt

Julius_Caesar
    What's up Cocakillbana?

11. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    The question about whether elite stadium fighter x will dominate against international competition is stupid. Of course they will. The track record shows that pretty much any decent Thai will amass a gaudy record when they fight abroad, if they are given consistent opportunities. That is true regardless of age or style or size or whatever.

But the question is made doubly stupid by asking: "will elite stadium fighter x be as good as Buakaw or Yod when they fight internationally?" What have Buakaw and Yod done when fighting internationally is not impressive, pretty much by definition. And definitely isn't anymore impressive than what lots of their peers have done before or since. Pretty much all the thais who compete internationally as contemporaries accomplish pretty close to the exact same thing. They fight on the same events, win the same titles, beat the same fighters, same low level of competition and end up with very similar international records. This is just one reason why comparing the international resumes and success of thais is silly.

But this is all beside the point because these questions shouldn't stimulate people in the first place. Why do people want to see the best fighters in the world stop competing meaningfully in the best and most interesting fights available, so that they can go on paid vacation vs a bunch of scrubs instead?

12. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    I like when my favourite fighters get paid well. Why would i want to see Kongsak stay at stadiums, probably losing most fights, with a smaller purse than he used to have when fighting top guys?

13. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    I like to see my favorite fighters in meaningful fights, the most meaningful fights. I don't know these guys personally, I am not concerned or invested in how they make their livelihoods or what is best for them as people. I am not their manager or their dad.

Kongsak or Kaew or Yod or whichever other washed up fighter leaving the stadiums is one thing, talking about Superlek or Sangmanee or some other top of the food chain leaving to fight international is something very different.

14. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    There is no way Kongsak can stay competitive with the younger and faster guys or the tall lanky clinchers at 140 lbs with thai scoring. It makes more sense for him to fight internationally. Easier weight cuts and better money = win. No i'm not their dad but i can have an opinion.

And i don't think some of the thais necessarily reach their physical prime that young, but their abilities for a certain weight class might peak when they're young.

15. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    Dude he has the closet to yods style of any Thai to hit the international scene. He is now the defacto hardest kicker in international muaythai just like yod was and has a good left hand with power that he has been using to ko foreigners which coincidently is exactly what yod did. He fits the perfect mold to take over where yodsaenklai left off as if he only fights foreigners going forward under mt rules he can go undefeated for the rest of his career

16. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    Seems like a good time to bring this up as sangmanee has headlined 2 top king shows in a row and superlek is fighting in Japan for the seconded time in august

17. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    I'm excited for Chujaroen vs Rittiwada. Hoping Chujee keeps his streak going.

0rpheus likes this.
  18. ITOT1 White Belt

ITOT1
    Kompai vs Saksi...this is their 3rd fight already for the year 2017. It had a 600,000baht wager

AbeRudder and verrix like this.
  19. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    I've always liked watching Notakrit fight. He isn't quite at the level of the very best guys above 140lb, but had more than enough for Rafi.

verrix likes this.
  20. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    Muangthai is fighting in the next top king event on august 5th

August 4th on petchyindees true4u show sangmanee is fighting kaimookao again

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    verrix likes this.