Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

shit i hope that old kompayak is in tremendous shape otherwise he is in for a seriously ruff night with the fast pace rose usually keeps

shit i hope that old kompayak is in tremendous shape otherwise he is in for a seriously ruff night with the fast pace rose usually keeps
The fight is about as meaningless as a dick flavored lollipop although a ladyboy vs an old man should sell in Thailand.

what's wrong with the forum? fb videos not showing up

Wtf is going on here?

Not to be too alarmist, but along with the recent proposal of the new weight classes and titles, some of the recent announcements out of the stadiums are a bit worrying. Seems like the quality of matchmaking may be starting to move in the wrong direction. We had those legend vs. legend fights a few years back and now we seem to be headed into full fledged freak show territory.

Shit is becoming like kickboxing.

There was that fight recently at Lumpinee between those two tatted up social media guys and that got a crazy amount of views and attention. Won't be surprised if we see more of those fights in the future especially given that Lumpinee hasn't been doing so well since they moved stadiums....

Not to be too alarmist, but along with the recent proposal of the new weight classes and titles, some of the recent announcements out of the stadiums are a bit worrying. Seems like the quality of matchmaking may be starting to move in the wrong direction. We had those legend vs. legend fights a few years back and now we seem to be headed into full fledged freak show territory.

With only few exceptions, everything is moving in the direction of belligerence and shameless attention seeking, and Muay Thai, sadly, is going this way.

Wtf is going on here?

How do the stadiums make money? I thought it was pretty much from gambling, and so there wasn't much reason to put on showcase fights like this. Do they have a new revenue stream?

ALSO, this was good. Praewprao lands an elbow to the body that hurt, first time I've seen that.

How do the stadiums make money? I thought it was pretty much from gambling, and so there wasn't much reason to put on showcase fights like this. Do they have a new revenue stream?

ALSO, this was good. Praewprao lands an elbow to the body that hurt, first time I've seen that.

the stadiums make their money by having promoters rent out the venue to put on the fights. I think lumpinee also gets paid from a tv production company that they have a deal with to film the fights. Rajadamnern might have also signed a similar deal recently as they finally put a limit on how much of the fight the sports channels can show from their own cameraman

They do not make money from gambling as they do not have anything to do with that other than acquiring the proper license to allow it. The do not act like a sports book or the "house" in a traditional gambling sense as all the bets are between private individuals and not backed by the stadium.

This fight is off now by the looks of it, huge negative reactions on Thai social media caused the promoters to have a rethink and now Nongrose fighting someone else

this poster has all the match ups for the top king show except for yodwicha vs 2 opponents for 2 rounds each.

Han zi hao is the guy who knocked sangmanee down last year and got the draw with him so it should be a decent fight with Muangthai. Pongsiri vs craig dickson (mx 65kg tournament champion) should be good as pongsiri usually brings it. Yodphanomrung is facing jose neto who is decent for farang standards and has won a couple max 4mans.

Arbi is the russian who finished 2nd in last years tournament having beaten yodkhunphun along the way. He is also part of the akamhat fight team and personally backed by Chechen leader/warlord Ramzan Kadyrov.

Dzmitry won the 2015 tournament by knocking out kem

20246149_1628088763965840_7176799449673140340_n.jpg

Meh I don't like it. If you're good enough to be facing 2 guys then maybe you shouldn't be fighting those type of guys. Either topking matches him up with better opponents (Thai's) or he needs to step onto the next chapter of his career. Petrosyan is the only Yodwicha match up I'm looking forward to because I know it will be somewhat competitive. Under MT rules no farang beats Yodwicha. He either beats them on the outside or if he has trouble on the outside shuts them down by constantly clinching up until the fights over. In MT he needs to be fighting Thai's. If he wants to fight farangs fight kb.

After years of watching Yodsanklai, Buakaw, Saenchai, Saiyok and so on dominate farangs under MT rules you get bored. I want competitive fights and that's why I've been happy will all these Thai's in kb lately. Not that I prefer the rule set but that it makes the fights more competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh I don't like it. If you're good enough to be facing 2 guys then maybe you shouldn't be fighting those type of guys. Either topking matches him up with better opponents (Thai's) or he needs to step onto the next chapter of his career. Petrosyan is the only Yodwicha match up I'm looking forward to because I know it will be somewhat competitive. Under MT rules no farang beats Yodwicha. He either beats them on the outside or if he has trouble on the outside shuts them down by constantly clinching up until the fights over. In MT he needs to be fighting Thai's. If he wants to fight farangs fight kb.
well sadly the sponsors are not dumping all the money into the event to have thai vs thai fights. i do not want to see this become an every event thing but I'm down to spice things up every now and then. Especially because if the can get bigger ratings they can get more money to bring in better opponents for him in the future.

Last edited:
Back