Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Wow, busy schedule for Chad. Saenchai, Seksan and Yamato in the span of a month.

Kongsak is past his stadium days but now he should try to replace Yodsanklais role in the international circuit. I think he can become pretty famous but thai fight needs to give him some decent opponent
Not sure if I can see Kongsak replacing Yodsanklai. More like Rittewada. He has the size reach and Kongsak has slow twitch muscles. I don't think Kongsak has the right style.

Chadd are already beat Pakorn and did really well against Manasak. With a good gameplan, I think he can beat Saeksan. Huge size advantage for Chadd
Saeksan is wild. His style may work against Thai's that are not used to it but that reckless style will eventually get him knocked out on the international circuit. I can just picture him throwing a wild punch leaving himself open and gets countered with a hook that puts him to sleep.

Kongsak is now in his mid to late 20's. He's past his prime and I just dont see him having the right style to be dominant internationally like Yod was. Moving up in weight at his age will be forced and effect his performance.

I think the new boys that could dominate the international scene are Petpanormung, Superbon, Yodwicha and Rittewada. I don't like Sangmanee either. Never liked him. I think Superlek could be dominant. Needs to work a lot on his boxing tho.

Slow twitch = marathon runner. Fast twitch = sprint. Kongsak is neither but definitely not marathon runner type. Yodpanomrung, possibly.

Saeksan is wild. His style may work against Thai's that are not used to it but that reckless style will eventually get him knocked out on the international circuit. I can just picture him throwing a wild punch leaving himself open and gets countered with a hook that puts him to sleep.

He's looked good against every foreign opponent he has fought, Samuel Bark and Genji are solid farang fighters too. The only issue is that he cannot coast through fights the way someone like saenchai can, I feel like the way he fights is going to catch up with him soon.

Kongsak is now in his mid to late 20's. He's past his prime and I just dont see him having the right style to be dominant internationally like Yod was. Moving up in weight at his age will be forced and effect his performance.

I think the new boys that could dominate the international scene are Petpanormung, Superbon, Yodwicha and Rittewada. I don't like Sangmanee either. Never liked him. I think Superlek could be dominant. Needs to work a lot on his boxing tho.
If Buakaw and Yodsanklai can beat top international guys in their 30's, there is no reason Kongsak shouldn't be able to. Yes he is out of his prime and too slow for stadium fights now, but as long as he id motivated and stays healthy (for Buakaw, i think having a good physical therapist was very important for revovering from injuries) he should do fine. He deserves that money

Slow twitch = marathon runner. Fast twitch = sprint. Kongsak is neither but definitely not marathon runner type. Yodpanomrung, possibly.
Yeah maybe I was pushing it a little. I like Kongsak and hope he proves me wrong but for now I cant see it.

If Buakaw and Yodsanklai can beat top international guys in their 30's, there is no reason Kongsak shouldn't be able to. Yes he is out of his prime and too slow for stadium fights now, but as long as he id motivated and stays healthy (for Buakaw, i think having a good physical therapist was very important for revovering from injuries) he should do fine. He deserves that money
Buakaw and Yod have a lot of experience against foreigners tho. All Buakaws fights for over the last decade have been against foreigners.

Not this shit again.

The question about whether elite stadium fighter x will dominate against international competition is stupid. Of course they will. The track record shows that pretty much any decent Thai will amass a gaudy record when they fight abroad, if they are given consistent opportunities. That is true regardless of age or style or size or whatever.

But the question is made doubly stupid by asking: "will elite stadium fighter x be as good as Buakaw or Yod when they fight internationally?" What have Buakaw and Yod done when fighting internationally is not impressive, pretty much by definition. And definitely isn't anymore impressive than what lots of their peers have done before or since. Pretty much all the thais who compete internationally as contemporaries accomplish pretty close to the exact same thing. They fight on the same events, win the same titles, beat the same fighters, same low level of competition and end up with very similar international records. This is just one reason why comparing the international resumes and success of thais is silly.

But this is all beside the point because these questions shouldn't stimulate people in the first place. Why do people want to see the best fighters in the world stop competing meaningfully in the best and most interesting fights available, so that they can go on paid vacation vs a bunch of scrubs instead?

The question about whether elite stadium fighter x will dominate against international competition is stupid. Of course they will. The track record shows that pretty much any decent Thai will amass a gaudy record when they fight abroad, if they are given consistent opportunities. That is true regardless of age or style or size or whatever.

But the question is made doubly stupid by asking: "will elite stadium fighter x be as good as Buakaw or Yod when they fight internationally?" What have Buakaw and Yod done when fighting internationally is not impressive, pretty much by definition. And definitely isn't anymore impressive than what lots of their peers have done before or since. Pretty much all the thais who compete internationally as contemporaries accomplish pretty close to the exact same thing. They fight on the same events, win the same titles, beat the same fighters and end up with very similar international records.

But this is all beside the point because these questions shouldn't stimulate people in the first place. Why do people want to see the best fighters in the world stop competing meaningfully in the best and most interesting fights available, so that they can go on paid vacation vs a bunch of scrubs instead?
I like when my favourite fighters get paid well. Why would i want to see Kongsak stay at stadiums, probably losing most fights, with a smaller purse than he used to have when fighting top guys?

I like when my favourite fighters get paid well. Why would i want to see Kongsak stay at stadiums, probably losing most fights, with a smaller purse than he used to have when fighting top guys?
I like to see my favorite fighters in meaningful fights, the most meaningful fights. I don't know these guys personally, I am not concerned or invested in how they make their livelihoods or what is best for them as people. I am not their manager or their dad.

Kongsak or Kaew or Yod or whichever other washed up fighter leaving the stadiums is one thing, talking about Superlek or Sangmanee or some other top of the food chain leaving to fight international is something very different.

Back