Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

I definitely agree with the assessment that Kongtoranee is going to be a future star. Been very impressed with him every time I've seen him fight. I think he's riding at least a four or five fight win streak. Since guys like Puernkon, Gingsanlek, Kiewpayak, Saoek, Kiew and Yothin kind of established themselves as the hot young stars of last year, I've been trying to watch the lighter weight classes with an eye to who might be the next young guy to break out. Kongtoranee has stood out the most to me, by far.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the fight yet but i couldn't imagine the fight going any other way that Panpayak clearly outpointing Saeksan, with Saeksan hopefully having a few good moments. Panpayak is too technical and has a longer reach, not really a good fit for Saeksans wild style

Yeah, it was a lot like how Sangmanee dominated in one of those fights by gliding around and stumping Saeksan. I wonder if they watch MMA to learn how to maneuver around like that.

Some of those kicks were massive and really pushing Saeksan back.

just watched Konthorangee's fight, dude's slick as fuck. landed a few lean back-right hook counters and looked completely relaxed and controlling every second of the fight.

rewatched Panpayak vs. Seksan too, Seksan got almost nothing in but the pace he puts on is exhausting just to watch. Panpayak on the other hand just pulls off these wins like it's nothing. no one even thinks about it. his win list is becoming something to behold.

I haven't been following too closely as of late, but I do sometimes notice names of fighters I'm not familiar with on results of decent shows. Who are fighters to keep an eye on that I might not know of?

Where do you guys see Panpayaks career in the next few years.

I have no idea how much room he has to go up in weight more but if he has topped it then there's not much more he can do other than fighting Sangmanee a bunch of times. I was looking at his record, he's beat everybody and their grandmother already:

Sam-A 2x, Superlek 2x, Seksan, Superbank, Rotlek, Pet-U-Thong, Kaonar 4x, Wanchalong, Prajanchai, Sarawut 2x, Suakim 2x, Yothin, Puenkon 2x, Jomhod.

He is a tall guy so if he keeps on putting weight there are still some good opponents for him up to 140 lbs. Then probably something similar to other thais beating up foreigners at 148-154 lbs

I haven't been following too closely as of late, but I do sometimes notice names of fighters I'm not familiar with on results of decent shows. Who are fighters to keep an eye on that I might not know of?

Have you been following Kiew Paranchai? He's had some great fights with Ongri. Saksi from Kiatmoo9 is another talented lighter weight fighter.

Panpayak is very tall and rangy. Long arms and legs. He can move up the right way but it has to be slowly. Not like Jomthong.

Diet is key. Tracking macros and balancing them out (fats, protein, carbs) and increasing calories is always the best way. Some Thai's when moving up simply just eat more which is wrong. Superbon was fighting at 135 when he was around 20 years old. Him and Sittichai are good examples of moving up the right way.

I have no idea how much room he has to go up in weight more but if he has topped it then there's not much more he can do other than fighting Sangmanee a bunch of times.
Unless he goes to the Evolve retirement village and gets into MMA. Or maybe pro boxing. I'd be good with him just fighting Sangmanee a bunch of times though.

I have no idea how much room he has to go up in weight more but if he has topped it then there's not much more he can do other than fighting Sangmanee a bunch of times. I was looking at his record, he's beat everybody and their grandmother already:

Sam-A 2x, Superlek 2x, Seksan, Superbank, Rotlek, Pet-U-Thong, Kaonar 4x, Wanchalong, Prajanchai, Sarawut 2x, Suakim 2x, Yothin, Puenkon 2x, Jomhod.

Detkart, Rengsak, Ponakrit, and Pet were among the best at their weight when Panpayak beat them. Chalam and Luknimit are good wins as well. He could quit today and it could be argued his kick fighting resume is better than any in kickboxing history.

Detkart, Rengsak, Ponakrit, and Pet were among the best at their weight when Panpayak beat them. Chalam and Luknimit are good wins as well. He could quit today and it could be argued his kick fighting resume is better than any in kickboxing history.
Better than SamA

Back