Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Kongsak has been using it alot too. Not sure if everybody is starting to use it more than in the past though... Do you have any more examples of fighters using it effectively in competitive muay thai? I always thought it was something people use alot in sparring but not as often in competitive fights.

That's the panpayak special

But it's not something I remember seeing from some of the older fighters.

Petdam has become one of my favourite fighters to watch....What's the story on him? I didn't really know about him until he beat up Sing. Was he fighting under a different name or has he just broken out on the scene recently?

Thanks for posting...do you have the Rungnarai vs Palangphon fight?

How many times has Superlek and Panpayak fought?
I'm trying to locate the rungnari vs palangpon fight. When i find it i will let post it as i think that fight was shown on ch 31 yesterday if i remember right

AS far as panpayak vs superlek they have fought 4 times since 2015 but there is a major possibility the fought a few times as kids such as superlek has fought sangmanee i think 9 times now with most of the fights occurring as kids and early teenagers

I still don't get why Thai's do clinching when they have an upcoming kickboxing fight. To me it seems like wasted time. The amount of time spent clinching could be spent doing extra boxing work or sparring. If he goes into the fight excessively clinching against Roosmalen he will get a point reduction.

Lol! siittichai has 2 ko's from the last year with knees in the clinch under kb rules. They still practice it because it is the one skill they have a huge advantage over every kickboxer with and if sitichai didn't knockout salvador with that clinch knee he would have lost the fight as he was down on every judges score card

Some pretty sick fights today!
Muangthai vs Yodlekpet
Chujaroen vs Littewada
Nontakit vs Pongsiri
Sing vs Khunsoknoi

Live!

130 lbs is stacked! Probably my favourite division

I'd like to see
Sangmanee vs Pet U Thong
Superlek vs Muangthai
Yodlekpet vs Saeksan
Phetnamngam vs Kaimukkhao
Pet U Thong vs Superbank

I'm trying to locate the rungnari vs palangpon fight. When i find it i will let post it as i think that fight was shown on ch 31 yesterday if i remember right

They have stopped that TV show already

@anorak are there any unwritten rules or norms about the music? I've noticed it's different on festivals but is it different from round to round and from fight to fight? Do they follow the pace of the fight?

@anorak are there any unwritten rules or norms about the music? I've noticed it's different on festivals but is it different from round to round and from fight to fight? Do they follow the pace of the fight?
Can't say I know a huge amount about it to be honest, does seem to follow the pace of the fights, the main stadiums tend to be more traditional, at smaller ones they sometimes add in more known tunes, around Christmas you will often hear jingle bells added in.

Sing deafeats Khunsuknoi by TKO
Nontakit defeats Pongsiri on points
Chujaroen defeats Littewada on points
Muangthai defeats Yodlekpet on points

AS far as panpayak vs superlek they have fought 4 times since 2015 but there is a major possibility the fought a few times as kids such as superlek has fought sangmanee i think 9 times now with most of the fights occurring as kids and early teenagers
The whole card is being streamed on smmtv now

Lol! siittichai has 2 ko's from the last year with knees in the clinch under kb rules. They still practice it because it is the one skill they have a huge advantage over every kickboxer with and if sitichai didn't knockout salvador with that clinch knee he would have lost the fight as he was down on every judges score card
Pet has been clinching his whole life. He doesn't need to learn any more. What he needs to do is to learn how to defend against punches without constantly clinching up which might happen against Roosmalen and then he may get a point reduction.

Pet has been clinching his whole life. He doesn't need to learn any more. What he needs to do is to learn how to defend against punches without constantly clinching up which might happen against Roosmalen and then he may get a point reduction.
It's probably not learning more likely it's maintence/conditioning

They do need to still practice the clinch as what glory allows is completely different than muaythai. They are not given the time to work for better position or even just to turn or off balance to deliver the knee.

Considering he is fighting a puncher the clinch is the best way to neutralize that but he must practice immediately kneeing so he does not get warned for stalling and points taken away. Also it is great conditioning for your endurance which is something your going to need it you want to keep a high pace for a 5 round title fight

Back