Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Yes, and Palangpon won the fight prior pretty convincingly.

Palangpon vs Nongyot

The "whoa" comes because such a knockout goes against the kind of fighter Palangpon is. Very unexpected.

thanks. I only now opened the video on youtube and saw their names - I thought it was only thai lettering and I would've never recognized Palangpon from looks alone. plus that stadium looked like it was lower level to me - I'm just a stupid heathen farang.

anyway at first I thought it landed with the foot but after further review it looks like the shin may have connected on the jaw from underneath. it was ugly how he fell and kept lying there seeing demons. brutal.

Still seems a little weird like there is more to it.

Well not much I guess, except for that he KO'ed him brutally.

The KO:

(it kinda looks like he spits on him after KO, though I'm pretty sure it just can't be)

I guess they're brothers and just fought.
It says on the Facebook post they are cousins and didn't want to fight, but it is a knockout tournament so they ended up having to face each other

Did srisaket sor rungvisai have much of a muay thai background? After looking at his record it seems that he fought some quality opponents straight off the bat which indicates that he had some previous credentials. I hadn't seen him box before but I just watched his fight with chocolatito, which was a great back and forth war.

That fight was awesome. I never thought they would give Srisaket the decision but he did great. Very tough guy.

I'd never heard of him before. Read that he started boxing at 13 years old so he probably doesn't have a comprehensive mt background

You can tell moving from Flyweight to super flyweight has effected Roman Gonzalez performance. He didn't look as dominant in his last fight either which is when he moved up. At that weight a few pounds has a bigger effect on fighters. Great fight from both anyway. Srisaket is a great boxer.

Rungravee fighting Muay Thai with MMA gloves against a giant at MX Muay Xtreme also Yodpayak fight as well

Did srisaket sor rungvisai have much of a muay thai background? After looking at his record it seems that he fought some quality opponents straight off the bat which indicates that he had some previous credentials. I hadn't seen him box before but I just watched his fight with chocolatito, which was a great back and forth war.

Not sure of his time and achievement in Muay Thai, but he did start out doing it.

He says it at 2:00

That was an awesome fight. Its cool to see the Thai boxers and how the MT philosophy influences their style. Rock solid, good balance, if they eat a shot they fire right back, etc.

That Srisaet v Gonzalez fight was awesome! I rarely see two smaller guys get their heads together and in-fight like that for extended stretches.

I'm not getting the "Thai style" of boxing from Srisaket though. His stance and techniques were straight boxing. Heavy on the lead foot, slipping and weaving, etc.

I really lovedthe tricky foot work Srisaket was doing to set up body shots with his right hand. He would step outside slightly with his right foot, then step in on his power left (effectively switching to orthodox while closing the distance), then rip a hard right hand body shot like it was his dominant hand.

It kept catching Gonzalez unaware because he would get crowded and confused by the stance switch.

That Srisaet v Gonzalez fight was awesome! I rarely see two smaller guys get their heads together and in-fight like that for extended stretches.

I'm not getting the "Thai style" of boxing from Srisaket though. His stance and techniques were straight boxing. Heavy on the lead foot, slipping and weaving, etc.

I really lovedthe tricky foot work Srisaket was doing to set up body shots with his right hand. He would step outside slightly with his right foot, then step in on his power left (effectively switching to orthodox while closing the distance), then rip a hard right hand body shot like it was his dominant hand.

It kept catching Gonzalez unaware because he would get crowded and confused by the stance switch.
The techniques are definitely boxing, the rules essentially dictate that. I just mean the general fight philosophy of emphasizing balance and returning shots.

That was an awesome fight. Its cool to see the Thai boxers and how the MT philosophy influences their style. Rock solid, good balance, if they eat a shot they fire right back, etc.
I don't think former muay thai fighters box any particular kind of way.

Back