Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

thats terrible

one of the few mma fighters that i liked to watch and followed his career

RIP Kid Yamamoto :(

RIP KID :(

He was the first person I ever saw on video throwing rapid round houses on Thai pads before I knew that was normal and before I learned to do it myself. Big inspiration early on.

i can only imagine Boubaker El Bakouri winning this stacked tournament...

Last edited:
A tribute to Kid Yamamoto

played his entrance song in the stadium with a man holding his picture in the mid of the ring

that was powerful.

:(

a remix of the final countdown and random people doing "fight fitness" in the ring

where is taro to kick someone ass when we need him?

Just saw Koji lose basically 4 rounds in a row to Exakoustidis and still get the decision

it was an amazing and competitive fight but Stauros won 29-28 in normal time

they went to an extra round, where Stauros won with meaningful low kicks and some hooks in the final of the bout(he was too tired to throw punches due the power spent behind his strikes in the normal time), even with it he won the round

Koji won by Split decision...Not the biggest robbery but it still one, but i guess why, Koji vs Takeru will attract a lot of attention when they match both.

Last edited:
this is an amazing matchup

takeru is a monster but Daniel Puertas Gallardo is an underrated unknown fighter,dude is very very good and has beat tough guys

damn,Takeru KO´ed in the 1st round, what a performance.

should had an extra round..

damn this 2 meter guy from iran isnt a good fighter, honestly, really limitated even in the fundamentals, he walks forward throwing punches with his upper body immobile, some average kick game and sloppy jumping knees the whole time even for a HW tiring himself out.

bad footwork, fight iq and no apparent gameplan.

Boubaker El Bakouri is an above the average brawler and he looked like a god against this guy,lost because of the knockdown.

nothing against the person, but having this guy as a champion of a big org(even in k-1 where 90kg-HW isnt good) is surreal...

Kinda went as expected, Horiguchi gave him some trouble with his in and out style but Tenshin eventually figured him out. If it went to a 4th I think Tenshin would have got the ko.

Last edited:
Kinda went as expected, Horoguchi gave him some trouble with his in and out style but Tenshin eventually figured him out. If it went to a 4th I think Tenshin would have got the ko.

It would have been closer if Horiguchi wasn't kicked in the nuts twice though. Tenshin should also have got a point deduction.

What's it with kickboxing stars kicking mma star in the nuts lol the same thing happened when Kid fought Masato.

I hope Horiguchi focused on mma from now. Rizin should create a NYE four-man tournament for Tenshin.

Back