Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Shadess, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

What happens in stadiums stays in stadiums. I doubt that fight is even on their radar, what is on their radar is the controversial Tenshin win that even Tenshin admits was a loss. It was also an awesome fight.

foogly117 likes this.
  2. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

Don't confuse your perception with what is the collective of the kickfight world.

Most people that were excited for Tenshin-Rodthung -- and who want to see a rematch, because it's super-duper special kickfighting -- won't even know this particular stadium fight happened.

Petpanomrung has lost 4 of 5 in Thailand over the last two years, but that's a whole lot of "whatever" as indicated by his ascension in the kickfight world.

Saenchai's reputation is that of the the cartwheel-kicking, trickster, David-like figure who's willing to take on all comers (foreigners). That's a far cry from the fighter that maintained a near two decade run at the top of one of the more consistently competitive and grueling sports that exists.

You see, Muay Thai (in Thailand) is mostly a wall; at best an appetizer for career appraisal.

3. luke2342

luke2342 Orange Belt

Does anyone know how to watch the Shootboxing S-Cup this weekend? I want to see Reina + Rena fighting. Anyone else watching? I can only find a link at https://shootboxing.org/moviecomplex/ but I don't want to fork out 10 bucks if It's showing free on Japanese TV somewhere. I might end up paying and watching the replay anyways if I can't watch it live, although I'm pretty sure they go up on YouTube eventually. I'd love to try and follow Shootboxing.

Gitanos likes this.
  4. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

I heard they were going live on instagram but I'm not sure

Gitanos likes this.
  5. luke2342

luke2342 Orange Belt

I bit the bullet and paid the 9 AUD. If anyone else tunes in, let me know what they think! Excited for the tournament, Mio seems to be the poster-girl of Shootboxing when Rena goes away and her first first is a rematch against a girl who took her out earlier this year. Starts in half an hour or so, I think.

6. Gitanos

Gitanos White Belt

I am also watching it. It looks like the gave Mio the easy road to finals and the other girl who won from here the hard Road. I am excited for Rena and i hope she will win in a good fashion with out injury's because she have to fight for the title at the end of this month.

7. ichibang

ichibang Brown Belt

I never get shootboxing. Basically, one guy (Caesar Takeshi) decided to combine kickboxing with pro-wrestling and create a new kickboxing organisation that values judo and wrestling throw as high as a knockdown. Then, he formed his own gym and basically all main fighters in the organisation are from this gym, and they all have this blind loyalty to him (looking at you Shishido) and fight for him their entire career. Isn't that an extreme level of conflict of interest? Being a promoter, trainer and gym owner, all in one.
    I don't know, it is just weird.

Papachulu and Snubnoze707 like this.
  8. KenkaBancho

KenkaBancho Orange Belt

It's Japan. Loyalty is still a thing there.

9. ichibang

ichibang Brown Belt

Meh, I don't think that argument holds anymore considering the departure of Taiga's gym from K-1.
    Money > Loyalty almost always. It just depends on how much would you need for you to flip.
    Shinya Aoki? Give me that Singapore's money and I will wear Evolve uniform over Paraesta any day of the week.
    Satoshi Ishii? Japanese Emperor asking me if Japan can rely on me for London Olympics? Fuk dat I am going to become a pro mma fighter for a promotion that offers me the most money.
    Sakuraba? Yes, I am a Pride legend, but Pride ain't paying me nothing, let me go to fight for K-1 Hero!
    Ryota Murata? Amateur boxing is not enough to feed my family, let me go pro brah.

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  10. tinobar

tinobar MMA HIPSPTER

I love the lethwei Japan shows anybody else watch them?

11. KenkaBancho

KenkaBancho Orange Belt

Caesar's gym is a bit different. They're much smaller and Shootboxing is niche. Shishido's not a world beater and neither is Rena (realistically). They've gotten a lot of good marketing and done well for themselves despite not being that good. Caesar's put them in that position and so they have had a degree of loyalty.

But i suppose none of them is gonna turn down a million bucks. I can't think of any of them ever being worth it though.

foogly117 likes this.
  12. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Brown Belt

anyone saw the announced conference of the 90kg world tournament of k-1 on september 24?

i know that they want to build some bit heavyier weights too but if it to make things like that its better put the efforts on what is working with the lower classes,or ar least make 67kg more stronger to when Noiri comes up..

Yodsanan likes this.
  13. ichibang

ichibang Brown Belt

K-1 needs to stop watering down their roster

SuperLuigi likes this.
  14. Yodsanan

Yodsanan K'FESTA.1

awful tournament.

15. foogly117

foogly117 Banned Banned

I had a stream lined up but the host died this week

Still looking

16. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Brown Belt

Pretty late but we had Krush 90 Japan vs china a while ago

more fights on the K-1 krush yt channel

Japan won 5-1 im crying

tinobar likes this.
  17. Mob69

Mob69 Black Belt

Can you recommend a handful of specific fights from Saenchai's prime that are worth watching? New to kickfighting...

SuperLuigi likes this.
  18. The Green-eyed Kenshiro

The Green-eyed Kenshiro Banned Banned

Tenshin vs Kyoji pls

19. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Brown Belt

krush 91 fights on Yt since in a while

tinobar likes this.
  20. ichibang

ichibang Brown Belt

Lol Kimura's fiance is an AV actress. Her name is Mei Matsumoto, in case someone wants to do some...research. Congrats to him I guess?

AndyTran, Papachulu, Mafanofe and 2 others like this.