Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Fan of Ogasawara's fight style, but he's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory so many times the fight intros have started to call him out as a choker.

$30 on him getting KO'd in a gimmie fight in September

just watched it, Tenshin annoys me a little bit but he looks good against these guys below his level. he does seem to fade in fights though.

who is this thai he fought against? was he ever good?

He fought at a decent level in the stadiums about 4 years ago. Apparently he is a trainer in japan currently, so it was pretty much a gimme fight for Tenshin. Hopefully they get Superlek in there against him someday given that Superlek has had a few fights in japan and can make 126.

Last edited:
Has Kaito Wor Wanchai (not sure what name he goes by in japan) had many fights in japan? I always liked watching him.
Sorry missed this. Kaito (his birth name is Fukuda Kaito) has only had 4 fights in Japan out of 30 or so total. He's still in high school I think and has been fighting mostly in Thailand. He was supposed to have a fight in the Japanese event Superlek fought on, but that got scrapped so the lats time he was fought in Japan was when he was literally a kid.

He fought at a decent level in the stadiums about 4 years ago. Apparently he is a trainer in japan currently, so it was pretty much a gimme fight for Tenshin. Hopefully they get Superlek in there against him someday given that Superlek has had a few fights in japan and can make 126.
INdont want to see Superlek get KOd

Tournament field for November K-1 event has been announced.

Uehara Makoto vs Pacome Assi
K-JEE vs Antonio Plazibat
Iwashita Masahiro vs Roel Mannaart
Koichi Pettas vs Ibrahim El Bouni

Ugh. I like Plazibat, Mannaart and El Bouni on the card. K-1 Japan reaaaally needs to get over its addiction on putting 4 locals in every card. This is sucky.

Bushiroad is so thirsty they put a gravure model as one of the official commentator (on the right)

aNN9GVQAAxH4a2a.jpg

Not sure what's up with this forum on mobile but now I can't even see embedded YouTube videos :mad:

Fan of Ogasawara's fight style, but he's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory so many times the fight intros have started to call him out as a choker.

$30 on him getting KO'd in a gimmie fight in September

I owe someone $30. Ogasawara fought Franck Gross for the ISKA K-1 Rules featherweight belt in Rebels. No vids up yet, but supposedly it was a very rough fight for him. 2 downs for him, 2 for Gross.

I don't know much about Franck Gross (72-7-1), besides watching a fight where he got owned by Hakim Hamech. Ogasawara reportedly went in with an injury and I can't imagine this fight did him any favors.

I owe someone $30. Ogasawara fought Franck Gross for the ISKA K-1 Rules featherweight belt in Rebels. No vids up yet, but supposedly it was a very rough fight for him. 2 downs for him, 2 for Gross.

I don't know much about Franck Gross (72-7-1), besides watching a fight where he got owned by Hakim Hamech. Ogasawara reportedly went in with an injury and I can't imagine this fight did him any favors.
Damn sounds crazy. Ogasawara got the decision though?

Damn sounds crazy. Ogasawara got the decision though?
Yeah, still no vids but apparently Ogasawara won the unanimous decision.

This marks his 7th win in a row (27-3 overall), but he got completely chewed out in the post-fight presser by his coach/promotion producer Yamaguchi Genki.

Its back to the drawing board. The fans may have liked it, but he got hit with the same move twice. Same thing happened vs Wanchalong so everything starting from the training method needs to be reworked.

I've been saying from the start, but he's nowhere near close to me approving the Nasukawa fight. That I've told to Knock Out's promoters as well. I was a southpaw in my fighter days as well, but he doesn't understand the merits of being a southpaw. He keeps getting hit by strikes that shouldn't be landing. His opponents are getting stronger, so he needs to go back and start working on his flaws. No plan yet on his next fight due to the injuries. Lets take this slowly.

Ouch, that stings worse than the fight. Also it seems like Umeno rebounded with a win over Suarek Rukkamui. Apparently he's been in a bit of a funk since his last loss and was contemplating retirement.

Krush.80 happens in a few hours! Not that big of an event (53kg title that Takei vacated is being contested, 45kg women's tournament kicks off), but Urabe Koya is making a comeback after Gonnapar shattered his jaw earlier this year. He fights Yannick Reine who holds an ISKA title and a win over Eddy Nait Slimani as well as Rafi Bohic. So decent competition though Koya should blow through him

New movie going to be out in October about an actor bumbling into a K-1 fight and trying to beat Takeru

Krush just posted Krush 80:

Syuji Kawarada (red gloves) vs Koji Suzuki (blue gloves) - Possible double debut
>Link -

Yutaro Yamauchi(red gloves) 27-17-5 vs Kotetsu (blue gloves) 12-12-0
> Link

Takuma Kawaguchi (red) 3-2 vs Kazuki Yamagiwa (blue gloves) 1-0
>

Yuzuki Satomi (red) 8-4-1 vs Takeshi Watanabe (blue gloves) 9-14-2
>

443/Yoshimi(red) 8-8-2 vs Comachi(blue) 16-8-0 - Women's Title Semi-Final
>

Masanobu (red) 9-9-0 vs Hayato Suzuki (blue) 2-1-0
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwx8Fqqj-60

Takumi Tosaka (red) 23-7 vs Yuya Suzuki (blue) 10-13-1
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxsCNhf0hho

Yuki Takeuchi (red) 2-0 vs Kazuki Yamashita (blue) 1-2
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCx2nOki20

Koya Urabe (red) 45-8 vs Reine Yannick (blue) 42-5
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lN9xpM_fNo

Taito Gunji (red) 5-2-1 vs Ryusei (blue) 7-10
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdoRK2i9pD0

Koto Hiraoka (red) 4-1-1 vs Emi Matsuhita (Blue) 17-8-1 - Womens Title Semi-Final
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byr2pjlEwuY

So Tenshin is doing MMA against a former amateur boxing making his MMA debut in the Fukuoka RIZIN event (October).

Ugh. Between the Knock Out old-timer hunting and RIZIN can crushing he's completely wasting his potential. Looks like the Ogasawara fight isn't happening either. Best case scenario he declines the December Knock Out offer and fights Takeru on NYE. Worst case, he ends his year with another can crushing fight in December.

Seems like Tenshins handlers are trying to milk the cow and take no risks. Maybe we could get Takeru vs Ogasawara NYE.

gotta love the kid on the poster wearing glasses(in the left side below of Kimura)

Back